MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Castaway/Shipwrecked Set Part 2 - PETS patch compatible!
by lhawk07 Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 6:52 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2011 at 11:27 AM by lhawk07 : adding links
1,039 Thanks Thanks 162 Favourited
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below the description for more information.
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Items fixed and tested to comply with the new Pets patch (Version 1.26.89)
Castaway Part 2
Part 1 found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=457515
See part 3 here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/458325
This 7 piece set is part 2 of my Castaway/Shipwrecked series. Included in this set are the following items:
Hopscotch in the sand
Bamboo and banana leaf toilet
Bamboo and leather toilet
Plain box toilet
Rock waterfall shower (my favorite!)
See all the pictures at the bottom of the post and be sure to check out part 1!
A little more description:
1. The hopscotch in the sand is a favorite of mine. It is recolorable so you can adjust it for your sand color.
2. The bamboo toilets are hard to get a good picture of because of their shape. I imagined that she just sort of threw them together out of whatever sticks and leaves she could find, then plopped down on a old box and filled the hole with dirt. They are not recolorable. I tried. Hard. But unless I used an overlay, everything NOT transparent was invisible. SO I was torn between 2000 polygons to make a non-transparent item and recolorable OR a low-poly non-recolorable item. I went with that. Bladder: 10
3. My personal favorite is the waterfall shower. A little "Nile river" terrain paint and it's good to go. One channel recolorable. Use any rock/stone texture and it looks great.(This was as good as I could map those rock curves but as can be seen in the pics below, I think it tiles quite nicely thanks to UV mapper). Hygiene: 9
4. Designed to look like a pool of water in a rock depression, the rock mirror reflects if anything is overhead. Sadly, I haven't been able to get my Sim to lean in far enough to reflect him/her :-( I still think it looks better for this scenario than a real mirror.) Fun: 3 + Charisma
5. Crate dresser is a simple pile of clothes on top of a crate complete with Simlish writing. She/he just sort of pulls the whole thing forward like a drawer. Clothes stay on top all the time. Environment: 3
Cost is 5 Simoleons each piece. I think a castaway Sim wouldn't really have much money...
Where are they?
Everything is found in their respective places (sinks, etc) but to keep everything organized and together, everything is also listed under miscellaneous decor as well. That way, when you're building your island, it's all right there together.
Will they work for your setup?
I am pretty sure that everything is base game compatible with the exception of the hopscotch which I believe is a generations item. If you don't have that simply unzip everything, drag it to your mods folder and then delete the hopscotch piece. No problem!
I have tested it until I am ready to throw my computer out the window and I can't see anything but as always, let me know!
What can you do with it?
Feel free to recolor it, retexture it, or anything you like. Just please credit me for the mesh.
Milkshape 3D 1.8.5
and UV Mapper
Simlish font (If used in this creation) by inkandchaos http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=355657
Sandwriting turorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC13I91213M
Castaway Shipwrecked Set_part 2.rar
Size: 1.32 MB · Downloads: 19,805 · 24th Oct 2011
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents