Riverview.world with Fixes applied (updated 2014.02.04)
Uploaded 6th Nov 2013 at 6:55 PM · Updated 4th Feb 2014 at 3:47 PM by ellacharmed : fixed bodyless windmills
What is this?
So, here is the Riverview.world file with the FIXED Resources imported, for people who don't want to mess with their files in S3PE.
What has been done?
Please read this download thread Resources for Riverview.world's various Fixes for the problems that were addressed. It might even be worthwhile to take the time to read the Comments of that thread, especially if you encounter issues, just so you can check if it has been discussed and addressed before.
A close up shot of the Before and After images that you can use as Visual Indicators on how to check if the world file is the original or fixed version. The fixed version has the road sign aligned to the yellow road divider.
Before : https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2...jp-carousel-289
After : https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2...jp-carousel-290
Heed that instructions in Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki, really! You've been warned!
If you care to continue any legacy games or Saves that you care about in the fixed version, use Twallan's Porter to transfer any Sims or Household you care about from your previous Saves.
How to install?
- Download all parts of the world, and rename them to get rid of the "MTS_ellacharmed_<numbers>_" portion. See Game Help:DFDD4 Download the File#Content with Multi-part fileswiki with pretty pictures.
- Right-click on the file with "part1" in its name and "Extract here", or whatever command your program uses. See Game Help:DFDD5 Extract from Archive#Multi-part fileswiki with pretty pictures.
- Place the extracted & joined .world file in this path and replace the default version. (You have backup, right?)
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds
- Delete caches before starting game if you encounter issues. Especially any files named Riverview in Code:Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches
How to remove or restore the file before updating?
- Just in case, but not really necessary, as per past experience with EA's patches.
- Go to the path above
- Delete the *.world file. Or if you want to reuse it after patching, rename it with a ".fixed" extension, so the filename becomes "Riverview.world.fixed"
- Rename the "*.orig" copy by removing the .orig extension (or from whatever you have renamed it to).
- Delete caches before starting game. Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki
As always, feedback is welcomed.
Notes & Changelog:
As and when I get reports of any issues, or new spots, or patch changes (if any).
- Feb 04, 2014: Fixed the bodyless windmill issue reported by @Tolkien in the Resources thread.
- Made while on Patch 1.47.
- Would most likely be compatible with any patches in the future as well, as EA has never ever modified a .world file in any of the patches.
- If ever there are any fixes from EA, the changes would come in the Store patches that would show up in Game_Help:TS3_User_Folders_Explained#ContentPatchwiki folder, and not game patches. Or, it could come in a fixed .Sims3Pack that you'd need to redownload and reinstall in Launcher, just like when they fixed the crashing issue when uninstalling the LuckyPalms.Sims3Pack when it was first released.
Q: When I try to download, I get a 403 error.
A: This tells me the wiki to the multi-part files weren't clicked on and read, as at the bottom of the DFDD4 page states:
|If you get a 403 or 503 error, means that you're downloading too many files at one time and are using up all the download slots. There's a limit of 3 files at a time or 3 chunks per file per downloader to give other members a chance. You'll have to wait for six hours when the server reset its caches for you to be able to download again.|
Q: When I try to extract, I get an error.
A: Have you read the DFFD5 wiki? Have the files been renamed? If yes, to both questions, post with the filenames after the rename action and the exact error message, please. And also state what archiver program you use?
Q: Why don't you upload it as a single file, and avoid all that hassle?
A: There's a file size limitation onsite. If none of the above answers help, the file is also available on my blog. ellacharmed.wordpress.com. Please feedback any issues on this thread as I log in to MTS more often than on Wordpress.
Inge & Peter Jones; the tool makers of s3pe, s3su, package compare
Pescado for the Recompressor
This download has specific instructions!
Size: 1.98 MB · Downloads: 22,248 · 6th Nov 2013
|1.98 MB||22,248||6th Nov 2013|
Size: 9.66 MB · Downloads: 22,865 · 6th Nov 2013
|9.66 MB||22,865||6th Nov 2013|
Size: 9.66 MB · Downloads: 22,404 · 6th Nov 2013
|9.66 MB||22,404||6th Nov 2013|
Size: 9.66 MB · Downloads: 21,757 · 6th Nov 2013
|9.66 MB||21,757||6th Nov 2013|
Size: 9.66 MB · Downloads: 22,054 · 6th Nov 2013
|9.66 MB||22,054||6th Nov 2013|
Size: 9.66 MB · Downloads: 22,366 · 6th Nov 2013
|9.66 MB||22,366||6th Nov 2013|
| Download all SEVEN (7) parts, rename and extract to get the joined Riverview.world
Size: 9.66 MB · Downloads: 23,682 · 6th Nov 2013
|9.66 MB||23,682||6th Nov 2013|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
- Yes, I can help you with games problem, but I need INFORMATION! I cannot help in a vacuum. So, please specify gameversion, games you have and what triggered the issue, and post in the HELP FORUM (not via PM!). Not an essay on what the Sims were doing from when you woke them up in the morning to the time you make them sleep. Just make it as concise and relevant as you can. If there's no information and you make me chase you down by asking questions already asked in the WIKI FAQs, I'm afraid I no longer have time for such. Which means your posts get ignored. Don't be offended, though, it's nothing personal. I just have to prioritize the complete threads over incomplete ones.
- I'm also not a psychic. So if you have done and work through any FAQs, MENTION IT! How am I to know you had done it if it is not stated in the post?
- If you're trying to hedge your bets and post the same issue on separate forums - MATY, thesims3, TSR, or any where else - I'd also ignore it; especially if you had gotten replies elsewhere. I'm not keen on hitting my head against the wall repeatedly, you know?
- And no, I don't provide Technical support for the game or your system one-on-one via PMs. So, don't even go there. These PMs would be ignored as well. Well, unless you want to pay me for my time as a Personal Technical Coach. Then, I'm all ears.
- You're welcome to use, edit, take apart any content I created and share. But if you use any of my work as a base, I'd appreciate a link back to the original, and you're welcome to post your version in the comments of that upload. So that if either one of ours become outdated, there's a link to the original and vice versa.
- And no, I don't provide support for my content one-on-one via PMs. Each of them has a Comments/Feedback section. Please use that.
- I don't take requests, sorry. I have tonnes of ideas I haven't even started on.
- Having done a mod or a fix does not mean I would do a similar mod or a similar fix. If it interests me and there's still potential for learning, I'd continue doing them like for the World fixes whenever a new world is available. But as we're all working with finite time, there's only so much I can do alone compared to the speed of release EA employs. So, if you want to do a world fix yourself, go ahead. This World fixes thing is not under my sole purview, you know. There's a whole Community of us.
- And last but not least, yes any content that I share would get updated if it is warranted. You don't have to ask. As long as I'm able and can afford to buy new packs, I'll schedule any work needed for them.