MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Ocean View Apartments - Under New Management
by CatherineTCJD Posted 31st Mar 2014 at 10:59 PM
139 Thanks Thanks 39 Favourited
Yes, well... When Cat's friends, the Patels, informed her of the state of their building, Cat knew what she had to do!
The Ocean View Apartments are now up to code, and quite habitable They are constructed with family safety first in mind.
The Patels are overjoyed with their new digs - in fact, they are planning to name their new baby after Cat. If it's a girl, that is.
These buildings were in really bad shape. Cat was actually in a state of shock when the initial inspection report came back: asbestos, termites, leaks, ancient wiring, crumbling plaster, broken windows, lead paint, cracked cement, etc. ...Did you realize the old brick facade was really just a facade? A shell? This is actually a wood frame building!
Well, the first thing Cat did - after relocating the Patels - was gut the entire building. Everything was tossed out - all the way down to the studs. Then the repairs started... I'll spare you the gruesome details, but it took quite a while to bring everything up to code! Now that the construction is finished, a new management company has taken over the property and they are proud to offer four (well, three, after the Patels move back in) brand new moderately priced apartments for you to choose from. Actually, with all the energy-saving improvements, the rent is now slightly less than before Each apartment features a semi-private front courtyard, living room, dining room, eat-in kitchen, powder room, plus a private patio with gas-grill on the first level. Upstairs, the apartments have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a spacious landing area accented by a beautiful over-sized stained glass window, and a secret. The secret? Behind the second "closet" door in the master bedroom is a winding staircase. That staircase leads up to your own secret lair, laboratory, exercise room, playroom, attic, whatever you need extra room for! Please see the overhead floor-plan pictures (above) for complete details.
Each apartment is lightly (yet, fully) furnished with mostly IKEA furniture. The small decorative touches are yours to add; personalizing each apartment as your sims see fit. Each apartment includes a burglar alarm, an invisible fire alarm in the kitchen, wall phones on each level, a hi-end computer, bookshelf, and either an easel or a potter's wheel out on the patio. In addition, there is communal playground equipment centrally located in the main courtyard and two family grilling/picnic areas at the back of the complex.
Come on in!
Don't forget to look at the floor-plan pictures above! And the neighborhood placement picture, so you know which building this is.
Important info! Please read!
The original Ocean View apartments are located in Belladonna Cove. The Patel family is living there. If you have not yet played the Patels then it is safe to evict them - they will go into the sim-bin. Bulldoze the original EAxis lot and replace it with this new improved version. Then select the Patels from the sim-bin and have them choose which shiny new apartment they'd like to live in.
DO NOT evict the Patels if you have already played them! It will break any social connections they have made in the hood.
Alternatively - you can use this building in any other neighborhood, rename it anything you'd like, and play it however you want to
There are 4 fully furnished apartments.
Rent range = $1,890 - $3,666
Lot size = 4 X 4 (I think)
Shopping List: This is necessary and NOT included - go get it!
HugeLunatic's Recolorable OFB Euro Stairs
Lot Size: 4x4
Lot Price: 1890 - 3666
Custom Content Included:
- Cinderblock Courtyard Wall by Shakeshaft @ TSR
- Stone Garden Wall Rough Plaster by Shakeshaft @ TSR
- EuroRecolorableModStairsOpen by Huge Lunatic @ MTS2
- Endless_Winding_Staircase_mirrored by AnoeskaB @ TSR
- MauriT_StaircaseWindow by Leesester @ MTS2
- Belhooven_HomePrivacyWindow by MaryLou @ MTS2
- Belhooven_StandardHeightWindow by MaryLou @ MTS2
- Belhooven_StandardHeightWindow_Double by MaryLou @ MTS2
- Belhooven_TallPrivacyWindow by MaryLou @ MTS2
- Asian1tileDesk by Huge Lunatic @ MTS2
- ExpeditBookcaseFT by Huge Lunatic @ Sims2Artists
- Fredrik1tileDeskIKEA by Huge Lunatic @ MTS2
- karlstadLoveseatSLAVE by Huge Lunatic @ MTS2
- Quaint1tileDesk by Huge Lunatic @ MTS2
- Invisiblesmokealarm by pfish @ MTS2
- charablanca_MESH by MsBarrows @ TSR
- BasicPaneling_SaddleW by iCad @ MTS2
- BasicPaneling_WoodlandBrown by iCad @ MTS2
- Chic Fence in Woodland Brown by iCad @ MTS2
- EuroStairsRC_WoodlandBrown by iCad @ MTS2
- JonesiBB_CheapShowerBackless by HugeLunatic & Hokadk47 @ sims2artists
- JonesiBB_TubShowerBackless by HugeLunatic & Hokadk47 @ Sims2Artists
- wallsizemirrordropdown by Windkeeper @ TSR
- tinyceilinglight by senesi2003 @ MTS2
Thank you EA/Maxis for the original design, and the ability to make improvements
Thank you creators for making such fun stuffeths to play with!
| Oceanview Apartments - refurbished EA Apt building from Belladonna Cove. ALL EPs/SPs needed
Size: 3.20 MB · Downloads: 1,789 · 31st Mar 2014
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents