(UPDATE: 24-MAR-2017) Cook With Any Ingredient (Wood Fire Oven/Sauna/Teppanyaki Grill/Baker's Station compatible)
Uploaded 2nd Apr 2014 at 9:42 PM · Updated 26th Mar 2017 at 7:01 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update
: If you're unsure whether this mod will conflict with another mod please read the End Notes section down below
24-MAR-2017 (Main mod): Fix for sims not using the fridge for quick meals that don't require ingredients and for vampire sims not gaining thirst from plasma juice/plasma orange juice with the No Free Quick Meals mod installed. Hungarian translation added (by betti76)
5-JUN-2016 (Main mod): Corrections to the mod that caused meal quality to be incorrectly calculated. Russian translation updated (by KuriXarya)
12-APR-2016 (Main mod + Bakers Station): The missing recipes for the Bakers Station have been readded to the mod
30-MAR-2016 (Main mod): Sims should no longer autonomously choose to cook meals that require an appliance that the lot does not have
26-MAR-2016 (Main mod + Tuning. +Wood Fire Oven/Bakers Station/Sauna):
- You can now enable/disable the prompt for the number of servings using either the Tuning file or the cheat (see the Settings section)
- Fix for a problem preventing sims from cooking Ambrosia
- Fix for a glitch occurring when cooking without a wood fire oven on the lot.
14-MAR-2016 (Main mod + Teppanyaki Grill):
- Fix for a glitch with the missing ingredient column in the recipe selection window.
- Fixed a blunder causing the recipe selection window to not properly register whether the lot had the proper appliances/counters needed for cooking.
- Italian translation updated by Sim mania
5-JAN-2016 (ALL packages including the Tuning file): MAJOR UPDATE
Rather extensive changes have been made to the main mod and all the modules for (hopefully) better performance. The following new features have been added:
- The pop-up recipe selection menu on the fridge now shows what required ingredients are missing from the current sim's inventory and the fridge. (If you have too many ingredients this can potentially get resource heavy, read the Settings section below for how to turn this feature off in this case)
- The pop-up recipe selection menu on the fridge now has separate tabs for recipes associated to the Wood Fire Oven, Teppanyaki Grill and Bakers Station (requires the associated module for the object).
- Unlocked and the "Ask to Cook" social interaction, which allows sims to request another sim to cook a meal for them. If they accept, the interaction now brings up a recipe selection menu for the player to choose which recipe the sim should cook.
- You can now choose specifically how many portions in a group serving to make, via a pop-up that appears at the end of cooking.
- Interaction to rename a dish added to the dish itself.
- With the Tuning file, the base game Birthday Cake and the Generations Wedding Cake can now be cooked with this mod. For modders: Added ability to cook custom birthday and wedding cakes loaded with CCLoader.
- The ingredient selection menu will always as a pop-up even when the mod is set to back to the pie menu style for selecting recipes.
- All custom ingredients from mods should now be selectable,
- Horse Granola made with Flame Fruit will always appear with flames (note: horse granola made with this mod before this update may no longer be usable so it is advisable to use them up or delete them before updating)
22-NOV-2015 (Sauna): Now compatible with the latest version of the main mod.
19-NOV-2015 (Main mod): Interactions should no longer disappear when a sim autonomously goes for a snack from the fridge.
12-SEP-2015 (Main mod): Fix for a problem occurring when sims bake the Birthday Cake from the store bakery set.
29-JUN-2015 (Main mod): Sims can cook Ambrosia again (sorry bout that!)
19-JUN-2015 (Main mod + Wood Fire Oven + Sauna modules):
Sims can grill on community lots without counters again + fix for an error that would occur when cooking with the food processor.
16-JUN-2015 (All packages but the Tuning file):
- Cooking interactions in sims' interaction queues should no longer disappear when loading saves. (Thanks to stevset for the report)
- If the game was saved WHILE a sim is cooking with the Wood Fire Oven/ Teppanyaki Grill/ Bakers Station the sim will almost always drop the interaction and reset when you load the game again. It's not going to permanently destroy your save or anything but just be warned that it happens. As long as the interaction being performed by the sim at the time of saving doesn't involve any of these objects though, there should be no problem directing them to cook with them as long as you queue it AFTER the current interaction.
- Russian translation updated by KuriXarya (thanks )
- Bakers Station: Plasma Cobbler not actually cooked with ingredients (i.e. summoned by genies, bought at food registers etc) are now considered "vampire food" by the game (i,e, replenish vampire thirst and make non-vampires nauseous when eaten)
11-JUN-2015 (Main mod & Bakers Station module):
- The cooking interactions should be added to the end of sims' interaction queues now instead of the front. Also you can now cancel the interaction normally while choosing ingredients if you changed your mind at that point (thanks to stevset for bringing these points up)
- Fix to prevent the game possibly crashing on load if a sim was autonomously trying to cook literally as you last saved.
- Italian translation updated (by Sim mania, thanks!)
- Bakers station module: All non-bread recipes added with the Bakers Station including those that require store ingredients you may not have are now considered as desserts in game
4-JUN-2015 (Main mod): The pie menu interactions should be usable again for anyone who is choosing to not use the new pop-up menu (which I hope aren't too many since I personally would like to do away with those bloated pie menus eventually, unless I get a boat-load of objections to that)
3-JUN-2015 (Main mod & Teppanyaki Grill module):
- Main mod: Fix for a bug in the previous version that would occur when sims tried to cook autonomously.
- Teppanyaki Grill: Another attempt to curb overzealous cooks from constantly wanting to cook with the grill autonomously.
30-MAY-2015 ( MAJOR update to the Main mod + ALL modules AND the Tuning file):
- Choosing recipes and ingredients to cook is now done through pop-up menus instead of the regular pie menu. If you prefer the regular pie menu (which gets incredibly bogged down by the sheer amount of recipes available especially with this mod), you can change this setting in game or in the Tuning file (see the Settings section below for how).
- All store recipes can now be cooked on the regular stove or grill depending on the recipe (requires the optional module corresponding to the particular store recipe, which sadly excludes the Deep Fryer recipes for now)
- Ingredients chosen will now appear on the food tray used at the start of cooking.
- Vegetarian sims will now properly treat meals cooked as vegetarian/non-vegetarian solely based on the ingredients used and no longer by the recipe itself (e.g. they will now get the Disgusted moodlet after eating Autumn Salad made with meat, but not after eating Tri-Tip Steak made only from vegetables/fruits)
- When using the "Buy From Store" option for a recipe that requires an ingredient that cannot be bought from the Grocery from the current world, a different ingredient from the same category will be bought instead.
- (Sauna module) Recipes besides Steamed Veggies that can be cooked using the Sauna are now listed in the Tuning file which can be edited to your liking (only Dim Sum is listed by default since it is the only in-game recipe that I find makes sense to steam)
- (Tuning file) Completely reformated how the extra recipes are listed in the tuning file, allowing you to define more than one required ingredient for each extra recipe AND for quick meals to require ingredients if you want. See the Extra Recipes section for details and for instructions should you wish to make any personal changes.
- New translations required for the new pop-up menu for all languages (except Japanese currently)
25-APR-2015 (Main mod + ALL modules + Tuning file):
- The information for the extra recipes is now in a tuning file SEPARATE from the main mod. This is so that any changes you make to that file won't be overwritten every time I update the main mod (or if you prefer not to have the interaction menu be clogged up by those extra recipes you can just choose not to download the tuning file). Please download the icarusallsorts.CookWithAnyIngredient_Tuning package if you want the extra recipes to still show up in game, you are still free to edit it with as you see fit.
- Fix for a blunder I made that caused almost all cooked foods to provide the Life Is Sweet moodlet if you had Supernatural installed. This should now only happen with desserts cooked with Honey as intended.
- Horse granola can now be properly renamed and will even appear to be flaming if cooked with Flame Fruit of high enough quality. Also provides certain moodlets to horses when cooked with certain ingredients (pretty obvious which ones so I won't spoil it for you). (Note: this is achieved basically by creating a custom granola object, so if you ever uninstall the main mod all of these custom granola objects will be deleted if any existed in the save at the time of loading)
- All toy oven recipes (listed in the tuning file) and Baker's Station recipes (except the bread ones) are now considered as dessert in game so long as you have the appropriate modules installed.
- Redid the store item interaction names so that they (hopefully) appear to make more sense in languages other than English.
5-APR-2015 (Main mod + All modules except the Sauna): (If you missed the previous update or can't remember if you did, just redownload all the optional packages you are using along with the main mod)
- Gourmet Pet Foods are now effected by the mod, meaning their qualities can now change depending on the ingredients used (if you've allowed this in the settings) and you can rename them as well (
Note: Renamed servings of Horse Granola will lose their new names once you quit the saveFixed in the latest version)
- Sims should no longer be able to cheat and buy ingredients they normally wouldn't be able to at the Grocery (depending on the world) when cooking autonomously.
- Non-vampire sims will not cook with plasma fruit unless directed by the player.
- Baked Angel Food Cake cooked without any Flame Fruit lose their flame effects. Also flame effects from servings of food with flame fruit in them should retain those effects even after being put in an inventory, and the flames also transfer to single portions taken from group servings without needing any external mods now.
- Sims won't cook on the Teppanyaki Grill autonomously so often now (only when they or some other household sim on the lot is hungry and not just because they're bored)
29-MAR-2015 (Main mod & ALL optional modules): (EDIT: Had to reupload the main mod and the Sauna module)
- Herbs and coffee beans can now be chosen as ingredients when cooking. When cooking with herbs the resulting dish should provide the effect of the highest quality herb used when eaten. The wish to add an herb to a dish should also be fulfilled when the dish is complete.
- Cooking a dessert dish with Honey now automatically counts as sweetening it up.
- Sims can once again buy ingredients to cook when using grills on community lots without fridges like they could in an unmodded game (so long as AllowBuyFromStore is set to true).
- Japanese translation added.
- EDIT: Fixed the interaction name in the Sauna module.
16-MAR-2015 (Main mod & Sauna): Fixes for the problems with the previous version causing sims to not be able to cook when clicking on appliances other than the fridge and all the optional modules becoming non-functional. (Besides the main mod, only the Sauna optional module needs to be redownloaded, all the other optional modules are safe to use as they are).
14-FEB-2015 (Main mod only): Vegetarian and non-vampire sims who were directed to cook meals with either meat or plasma fruit while hungry would still be automatically pushed to eat the meal directly after preparing it since they don't know any better. Current version should stop this (unless the sim is REALLY starving, since puking 2 hours later seems like a triviality compared to death).
For those of you using this mod together with ani's No Fridge Shopping mod, I've put up a version of it (hosted over at the NRaas Wiki) that no longer conflicts with this current version. You can find it here.
8-FEB-2015 (Main mod only): Fixed a mistake in the previous version that stopped sims from cooking when clicking on any appliance besides the fridge.
6-FEB-2015 (Main mod only): Tidied up some code to hopefully reduce any possible lag when clicking on fridges (started to get noticeable the more recipes your sim knows). Fixed the translations for the ingredient qualities used in one of the prompts.
10-OCT-2014 (Main mod only): Only now realized that the mod wasn't updating the quality or prompting me to rename servings of Peanut Butter And Jelly. Fixed.
- Main mod: Removed a debugging message I accidentally left in. Italian Translation added (by Sim mania)
- Baker's Station: Added Cherries as a required ingredient to the Cherry Pie and Cherry Cobbler recipes.
Note: Forgot to mention that sims will no longer automatically get an extra day of life from eating Life Fruit Pie since the mod makes it possible to bake it without Life Fruit. To see this effect properly applied when a sim eats food with Life Fruit made try my Get Moodlets From Meal Ingredients mod
- Main mod: ( Required for the optional mods) Fix for a potential problem when maids try to snack on the job. Butlers should now consider sims older than children as well when deciding whether or not to cook a group meal.
- Wood Fire Oven: The code adding moodlets to sims when eating food from the oven was running on all sims eating any food whatsoever. Fixed.
- Teppanyaki Grill: Sims should no longer reset when trying to make Pepper Steak (Added Bell Pepper as a required ingredient for the recipe if you choose to follow it)
- Sauna: Tidied up the code.
- Baker's Station : New optional mod for the Baker's Station from the Store, unlocking the features of the main mod for it. Requires the main mod AND you MUST have the Baker's Station installed (Special thanks to someone who wishes to remain anonymous for this one )
Note: If you try renaming any of the new cakes, the new name will only show up on individual plates once the cake is sliced, but not on the main serving unfortunately.
2-SEP-2014: German translation added (by Alkira)
- Main mod:
- Sims can now properly cook the children's oven Wedding Cake (Thanks to Lilithmae1231 for the report)
- All interactions should appear even when using together with ani_'s No Shopping from Fridge mod
- Wood Fire Oven: Ensured that moodlets from eating food from the oven are applied properly ( Requires the very latest version of the main mod)
- All modules: Simplified the code loading up the mods
- Main mod/Teppanyaki Grill: Tidied up some code, made accommodations for the following changes.
- Wood Fire Oven:Sims should no longer reset when trying to make Pepperoni Pizza and it should be possible now to make higher quality meals on the oven. Make sure to download the updated main mod!
- Main mod: Sims can now cook food from the LN Bars and Food Truck, Seasons Concession stand and IP Resorts which they normally could not. The Ambitions Children's oven recipes and Steamed Veggies from the Store can also be cooked (by teens and adults) on regular stoves now. Scroll down and read the Extra Recipes section for details.
- Sauna/Wood Fire Oven/Teppanyaki Grill: Updates to keep in line with the main mod. Make sure to download the updated version of the Main mod as well.
- Main mod: Updated to accommodate the following changes to the optional modules
- Teppanyaki Grill / Wood Fire Oven mods ( Make sure to download the updated version of the Main mod as well)
- Sims would still continue cooking even if their way to the fridge was obstructed and they didn't manage to get the ingredients they needed. Fixed this.
- Added a custom interactions to the food trays created during the cooking which allows sims to continue cooking from where they left off if the process was interrupted before they could start.
- By default the quality of the food prepared on either of these objects did not take into account the quality of the ingredients used, the cooking sim's traits or Cooking skill challenges completed by the sim (unlike food cooked on non-Store appliances besides the Food Synthesizer). Now they do.
- Sauna mod: Minor update to keep in line with the above changes.
16-JUN-2014: Main mod: Quick meals and Desserts should no longer appear twice when clicking on the fridge. (Thanks to christmas fear for pointing it out)
14-MAY-2014: Main mod: Fixed the quality changing portion of the mod so meals should no longer end up as Normal every single time. (Thanks to cuthbert and previously Aventerra for pointing out the issue though I didn't spot the cause sooner)
13-MAY-2014: Main mod: The permission pop-up should no longer appear when roommates cook.
5-MAY-2014: Main mod: Fixed the "Prepare..." interaction.
- Main mod: Inactive sims should be able to autonomously cook again so roommates won't starve BECAUSE of the mod anymore (thanks aly17 for pointing it out. Note that this won't stop other things from preventing them from cooking, just that the previous version of this mod outright blocked them from doing so and I've lifted that restriction)
- Sauna mod: On the other hand, inactive sims are now blocked from autonomously cooking with the Sauna (active sims may still do so if they have the right ingredients in their inventory).
- New optional mod for the Teppanyaki Grill (special thanks to igazor for this one ) REQUIRES THE LATEST VERSION OF THE MAIN MOD TO WORK Just like the previous optional modules, not only do you get to choose what ingredients to cook with on the grill, the ingredients will actually go into in the dish (otherwise they just vanish into thin air), and sims are no longer automatically pushed to eat the food after cooking so you can choose what to do with it. And I've disabled the changing into the chef's outfit as well (but not for the other trick performance interactions) since I had a feeling most people might want that.
- Main mod: : Updated for compatibility with the new Teppanyaki Grill mod, please redownload the main mod before using the new optional mod
- Wood fire oven mod: Updated for compatibility with the latest version of the main mod, probably best to redownload this as well:
18/17-APR-2014: Main mod & Wood Fire Oven mod: No longer need a Grocery in your world to use the Buy From Store option if you have it turned on since that meant you couldn't cook in WA worlds without ingredients for one. Also lightened the mod up a bit to hopefully reduce possible lag caused when clicking on appliances. (EDIT: If you were also using the optional Wood Fire Oven mod please redownload that as well since the previous version won't work with the latest version of the main mod)
12-APR-2014: Main mod: Pumpkin is now a selectable ingredient (Thanks to Datch for catching this)
- Uploaded an optional mod for the Sauna from the Store ( WARNING: REQUIRES THE MAIN MOD TO WORK) This lets you choose ingredients when cooking Steamed Veggies AND allows sims to cook recipes that use the frying pan on the Sauna. (Note: You can only choose inventory ingredients for cooking on the Sauna. Cooking time with the Sauna is incredibly reduced since all the prep steps are skipped making it a slightly cheaty, so to compensate there's a higher chance that the quality of the food being made is reduced by the mod) Includes an override for the SteamVeggies_SaunaClassic ITUN that reduces the gain rate of the cooking skill of the interaction since I felt the default value was too high
- Main mod: Updated to be compatible with the optional Sauna mod. please redownload if you want to use it.
- Wood Fire Oven mod: Sims will no longer immediately eat or clean up whatever they just made using the oven so you get to choose what they do with it.
- Added Spanish ES and MX (coto39) and Danish (Misling) translations.
- Added Potuguese BR (PhelipeDeon) and Russian (KuriXarya) translations
- Main mod: Various bug fixes (somehow forgot to charge sims for buying from the store, whoops. EDIT: Also blocked inactive sims from using ingredients from their own inventories for players who play multiple households)
- Uploaded an optional mod for the Wood Fire Oven from Monte Vista that adds the main features of the main mod to it (choose your ingredients when baking and renaming foods) plus it makes sure the ingredients you use are actually ADDED to the foods made by the oven (by default they aren't) and that your sims get the correct moodlets when eating based on the ingredients used instead of the recipe (so vampires won't get nauseous from Garlic bread if there wasn't actually any garlic in it etc.)
WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL THE OPTIONAL MOD WITHOUT THE MAIN MOD
Tired of your sims using up those prized perfect Life Fruits in a plate of Pancakes without you knowing? Want to use more than just boring old Lettuce in your sim's Autumn Salad? This mod lets you specifically choose the ingredients your sim will use to cook with and warns you when they decide to autonomously cook with ingredients you potentially want to keep. Even more, the mod lets you pick ANY combination of ingredients to cook meals with so you aren't tied to recipe restrictions.
Details & Features
- The mod replaces the cooking interactions on Fridges, Stoves, Food Processors, Microwaves and Grills (as well as the Wood Fire Oven, Sauna, Teppanyaki Grill and Bakers Station from the Store if you download their optional modules) with custom versions that
- displays a pop-up menu showing you the available recipes your sim can cook (if you prefer the regular pie menu way of choosing recipes the pop-up menu can be disabled, see the Settings section below)
- displays a window showing the ingredients in your sim's inventory and fridge for you to choose from.
- The ingredients that the recipe requires are displayed, BUT you are free to choose ANY combination of up to 3 ingredients to cook the recipe with. (The one exception is Ambrosia, which must have its required ingredients selected to be cook, but you can still add an extra ingredient to it if you want).
- To compensate for the cheatiness, if you decide NOT to follow the default recipe and use different ingredients instead, the final quality of the cooked meal will be potentially dropped. The lower the cook's Cooking skill and the further you stray from the original recipe the more likely the dish turns out bad, so beware! (NOTE: this can be disabled, see Settings below)
- The mod will warn you whenever one of your active sims decides to autonomously cook, telling you which ingredients they plan to use or buy so you can block them by clicking the "No" button. This will cancel their current interaction. It's mostly a warning for you to attend to their needs as well as to prevent them from using ingredients without you knowing. (The same warning will appear if a hired Butler tries to cook on your home lot since they use the household's inventory and funds)
- If you want you can force your active sims to ONLY cook using ingredients from their inventory or fridge (see the Settings section below). Otherwise there is also a Buy Items option in the ingredients window which automatically chooses and buys any remaining necessary ingredients other than the ones you've already chosen. (NOTE: You need a fridge on the lot to buy items, except when using a grill or one of the store objects on a community lot. Also you can ONLY use ingredients in the sim's inventory when using on the Sauna)
- Cook any recipe at any time! Go ahead and let your sims have steak for breakfast and pancakes for dinner.
- Cook anywhere you want, even community lots: specifically sims can cook actual foods on community lots instead of only having quick meals available to them.
- Cook food from the bars, food trucks, concession stands, resort food stands as well as the child oven recipes: recipes such as Hot Wings, Clam Chowder, Marshmallow Bunny, the child oven cakes and cookies etc can now be cooked by sims if you download the Tuning file. (see the Extra Recipes section for details)
- If you only chose ingredients from your sim's inventory, your sim will save the time and trouble of walking to the fridge and start cooking from the nearest counter/food processor instead (in this case they'll pull the starting food tray seemingly out of their inventory)
- Vegetarian sims will react according to the ingredients used in a cooked dish instead of just the recipe (e.g. they'll become nauseous eating Autumn Salad made with steak for example, but will be fine eating Tri-tip Steak made only with vegetables).
- Chosen ingredients will actually appear on the food tray at the start of cooking (NOTE: the ones that appear on the cutting board though are still completely determined by the recipe itself)
- Rename your sims' cooked dishes anything you want. (This won't change the name of the recipe in your game, just the name of the particular serving of food made)
- Any dish (not just Baked Angel Food Cake) cooked using Flame Fruit will appear flaming (NOTE: Horse Granola requires a high quality Flame Fruit)
- Choosing herbs as ingredients when cooking a meal will automatically give the meal the effect of the strongest herb used. Similarly using honey as an ingredient when cooking a dessert automatically "sweetens" the dish up giving sims eating it the Life Is Sweet moodlet.
- Horses can gain extra moodlets when eating Horse Granola cooked with either apples, carrots and or meat (!).
- Each of the optional modules (Wood Fire Oven, Sauna, Teppanyaki Grill, Bakers Station) allows sims to cook their object specific recipes using ordinary stoves and grills so you no longer need to place the specific store object on your lot to cook them (you just won't get the additional perks like the wood oven moodlets). They also contain fixes to these recipes like correcting missing/mistyped ingredient requirements and recategorizes the pies, cobblers, cookies and cakes as desserts.
- The Sauna module lets sims cook recipes other than Steamed Veggies using the Sauna. (NOTE: By default only Dim Sum is unlocked though you can add more recipes by editing the Tuning file, see the Extra Recipes section below)
Settings ( Updated 26-MAR-2016)
You can turn certain features of this mod on or off by pressing CTRL + Shift + C to bring up the cheats console and typing in any of the following custom cheat codes:
|Cooking AskPermissionToCook true/false||Turn on/off the prompt asking for your permission whenever a selectable sim or butler tries to cook autonomously. If false, these sims will always be allowed to cook autonomously.|
|Cooking RenameFood true/false||Turn on/off the prompt asking you to rename a meal a (selectable) sim just cooked|
|Cooking AllowBuyFromStore true/false||Turn the option to buy any remaining required ingredients from the grocery via the fridge on or off. If false, ALL sims can ONLY cook using the ingredients from their inventory and fridge|
|Cooking ChangeFoodQuality true/false||Whether or not to readjust the quality of a meal if it was cooked with ingredients other than its standard recipe ingredients.|
|Cooking ShowRecipeMenu true/false||true -> Use the new pop-up menu to choose recipes; false -> Use the default pie menu to choose recipes.|
|Cooking ShowMissingIngredients true/false||Whether or not to display any required ingredients that are missing from the sim's inventory or the fridge in the recipe selection pop-up menu. (Default: true. When there are a large number of ingredients though, it is recommended to switch this to false if there is any noticeable lag when displaying the menu)|
|Cooking PromptNumServings true/false||Whether or not to prompt the player for the number of servings to make in a group serving. (Default: true)|
*All cheats go by "Cooking" + Space + "..." + Space + "true" or "false" to turn the setting on or off.
*Edit the Tuning file using to change the default settings
*You can also view these in the list of cheats when typing "help" in the cheats console.
With the main mod + the Tuning file sims can also cook all of the following:
- the Birthday Inferno Birthday Cake from the base game and the Forever Frosted Wedding Cake from Generations
- all the children toy oven cakes, cupcakes and cookies from Ambitions
- all bar foods (Hot Wings etc) and food truck recipes (Burrito etc) from Late Night
- all concession stand foods (French Fries etc) from Seasons
- all resort food stand foods (Chocolate-covered Pineapple Spear etc) from Island Paradise
- the Happily Ever Frosted wedding cake from Monte Vista
If you can use to do some basic XML tuning of your own and would like to change the recipe requirements/ which recipes to borrow cooking processes from, read on for instructions:
For every cookable recipe in the game there is a separate XML in the GameplayData for the recipe detailing its cooking steps i.e. whether to chop/mix ingredients, put in a pan/pot, cook on a stove/in an oven/on a grill etc and in what order. By default, none of these extra recipes have such a cooking process XML, so in order to make them cookable one needs to create custom XMLs for these recipes which is possible using just S3PE.
However the sheer number of these recipes makes it a potentially daunting task to tackle all of them. (Still hopefully someone would like to actually do this one day?) As an alternative method, for each of these extra recipes, this mod will take the cooking process from an existing cookable recipe and copy it over. Required ingredients can also assigned to these recipes as well since most of them have none.
In the optional icarusallsorts.CookWithAnyIngredient_Tuning package you will find an XML containing the list kExtraRecipes which lists all the unlocked extra recipes together with the ingredients required to cook them AND the existing recipe that the mod will "borrow" the cooking process from. The format is as follows:
(Format) Extra recipe : Required ingredients : Recipe to refer to for cooking processes
The example line indicates that Garlic Fries (from the Seasons EP) will require one potato and one garlic, and will be prepared in the same fashion as Vegetarian Fish And Chips is prepared (i.e. fridge -> prepare ingredients on cutting board -> cook using frying pan on stove etc).
- Extra recipes marked with an asterisk * will treated as desserts by the game.
- Ingredients must be separated using a slash /. If no ingredient is specified and the extra recipe does not already have any required ingredients by default, the recipe can be cooked with any ingredient.
- Use the <Recipe_Key> values in RecipeMasterList XML for the extra recipes and the <Recipe_Class> values for the reference recipes.
- Use the <Ingredient_Key> values in the Ingredients XML for the ingredients
- Only extra recipes with the required expansion installed will appear in your game. However, the mod can still borrow the cooking processes of recipes from ANY expansion even if you do not have it installed (just note that in this case animation props that require that particular expansion may not appear while the sim is cooking, but this doesn't block the actual cooking in any way).
- You can add quick meal recipes to the list to have them require ingredients to make (whatever cooking process you try to give it though will just be ignored so don't bother to giving them one). Example: Adding Cereal:Fruit to the list will cause cereal to require one fruit to be made in game.
- You can add PineappleJuice, VirginPineappleJuice, CoconutJuice, VirginCoconutJuice to the list (with or without any ingredient requirements) to unlock these quick meals on regular fridges.
Finally you can add recipes (other than the above extra recipes or store recipes currently) to kExtraSaunaRecipes to have the recipe available to be cooked on the Sauna with the Sauna module.
If you've edited the Tuning file and are confident with the changes you've made and would like to distribute your version of it, feel free to do so with a link back to the main mod here (If you went ahead and created custom cooking process XML's for the extra recipes that would be even more awesome!)
Built on patch 1.63 and tested on patches 1.63 to 1.67. Does not require any expansions
This is a script mod so will only possibly conflict with other script mods handling cooking interactions. It does NOT conflict with any NRaas mods. Regarding the following mods:
- No Shopping from Fridge by ani_: The current version of this mod will not work with the version of the ani's mod provided here on MTS, you'll need the updated version of the No Shopping From Fridge hosted on the NRaas site.
- Buzzler's Moar Interactions (which adds cooking interactions to fridges on community lots): No conflict, the interactions from both mods will appear on appliances in community lots if used together.
- ANY of the Cooking/Ingredient Overhaul mods / ANY mod that adds new custom ingredients: No conflict.
If you have a custom ingredient that can't be selected for cooking with this mod, it is likely that the ingredient was marked as non-edible by its creator i.e. the line "IsEdible>" line in the XML defining that ingredient has to be marked True, so you'll either have to make this change yourself or request for the creator to do so.
Since this mod replaces most of the game's default cooking interactions, it is only guaranteed safe to remove the mod if there are no sims cooking in your saved game otherwise there is a risk the save will not load. I suggest resetting all sims just before saving if you plan to remove the mod and/or installing NRaas ErrorTrap before loading a save after removing the mod which should help catch remaining errors and allow the game to load in case there is one. Also if you were using the main mod together with any of the optional packages remember to remove ALL of them if you plan to remove the main mod.
This mod is fully translatable You'll have to open the package using or NRaas Packer or s3se to see the English strings that require translation. Translations can be posted in the comments.
And finally, thanks as usual to the Jones' for (and s3se) and to everyone who's written a guide on script modding and answered my questions on them (AND to the translators and everyone who's been brave enough to try my mods so far )
No metadata could be extracted from this file
No metadata could be extracted from this file
No metadata could be extracted from this file
No metadata could be extracted from this file
No metadata could be extracted from this file
| Main mod (Updated 24-MAR-2017)
Size: 48.8 KB · Downloads: 27,339 · 26th Mar 2017
|48.8 KB||27,339||26th Mar 2017|
| Optional mod for the Bakers Station. REQUIRES main mod AND the Bakers Station (Updated 12-APR-2016)
Size: 8.7 KB · Downloads: 10,073 · 12th Apr 2016
|8.7 KB||10,073||12th Apr 2016|
| Optional mod for the Wood Fire Oven. Requires main mod (Updated 26-MAR-2016)
Size: 9.0 KB · Downloads: 13,528 · 26th Mar 2016
|9.0 KB||13,528||26th Mar 2016|
| Tuning file containing the extra recipes that can be cooked with the main mod and the Sauna module (Updated 26-MAR-2016)
Size: 1.6 KB · Downloads: 8,290 · 26th Mar 2016
|1.6 KB||8,290||26th Mar 2016|
| Optional mod for the Teppanyaki Grill. Requires main mod (Updated 14-MAR-2016)
Size: 7.1 KB · Downloads: 11,383 · 13th Mar 2016
|7.1 KB||11,383||13th Mar 2016|
| Optional mod for the Sauna. Requires main mod (Updated 5-JAN-2016)
Size: 8.6 KB · Downloads: 10,459 · 5th Jan 2016
|8.6 KB||10,459||5th Jan 2016|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
The creator also recommends the following uploads: