MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
(UPDATE: 18-APR-2016) Vending Machine Tweaks
by icarus_allsorts Posted 13th Aug 2014 at 8:18 PM - Updated 18th Apr 2016 at 3:32 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod update
739 Thanks Thanks 197 Favourited
- Sims will now autonomously shake vending machines that are stuck when hungry (the mod still prevents them from being crushed by the machine when doing this autonomously for anyone who still worries about this).
- Vampires will also now autonomously buy Plasma Cola when thirsty.
- Inactive sims will actually receive and consume any candy bars/sodas they get from shaking/slamming a machine.
This is a script mod that alters and adds the following features to vending machines:
- Sims can now specifically choose and buy the type of soda/candy bar they want from vending machines instead of it being randomly decided by the game. The only exceptions are the Golden Can Soda and Lily Lonka Golden Candy Bar, but there is still the chance of receiving one instead of the chosen product (the probability of this happening is unchanged by the mod).
- Sims can autonomously buy and drink/eat sodas and candy bars from vending machines now (previously not possible due to how EA coded the interaction). If the item they tried to buy gets stuck, they may be autonomously pushed to shake/slam the machine depending on their traits/moodlets.
- The chances of the machine toppling over and crushing a sim to death when autonomously shaking/slamming a vending machine is now zero. The chance of them dying when you the player directs them to shake/slam the machine however is unchanged.
- A sim's Athletic skill will now affect their chances of releasing a stuck object when shaking a stuck vending machine with a 100% success rate at level 10. (Note: this does NOT affect chance of receiving a free item from an UNstuck machine. Also slamming the machine doesn't have this mechanic since by default the sim will ALWAYS receive the stuck object when they do it)
- Sims may receive a 2 hour Sore moodlet after slamming a vending machine (more likely to happen the less athletic they are).
- Added a custom Soda called Plasma Cola for vampires to enjoy, which can be bought from any drink vending machine. It's basically Plasma Juice in a can - vampires will recover thirst from drinking it while non-vampires will become nauseous. Also provides the Sugar Rush moodlet like all sodas do. This feature requires either Late Night or Supernatural.
Built and Tested on patch 1.67
Requires University Life
Pure Script Mod. Should not conflict with any other mods.
Translations for "Plasma Cola" will be greatly appreciated (Languages currently available in: English, Japanese)
Thanks to the Jones' for and to everyone who's helped me with my script modding endeavors, whether by tutorial or answering my questions. Also thanks to kmonica at the NRaas Wiki for mentioning to me how sims wouldn't use vending machines autonomously.
| Update: 18-APR-2016
Size: 10.3 KB · Downloads: 11,480 · 18th Apr 2016
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents