Less Frail Elders (NO LONGER UPDATED)
Uploaded 8th Jan 2015 at 4:16 AM · Updated 24th Oct 2017 at 5:08 AM by DrChillgood
I am retired from modding, and will no longer support my mods. These will no longer work with current patches.
(Funny, I thought I submitted this. Turns out it got lost because I hit the queue limit? Now that my queue has room again, I'm submitting this.)
(1/8/15: Whoops, it's supposed to be less "Frail" elders. The flabby guy in the illustration is still as wimpy as ever.)
The elders in The Sims 4 are extremely frail, getting extremely whiny after a little exercise. Even if your Sim was a space-tripping astronaut in peak physical condition, you still get Dangerously Tired from a decent amount of exercise. Now this is unrealistic and a little un-fun. I get that someone out-of-shape their entire lives might get hurt more easily in old age, but someone who was in good shape shouldn't suddenly conk out.
Unmodded elder exhaustion went up incredibly quickly at 0 fitness, and still increased at 10 fitness. A fit elder would probably be able to handle about an hour-long workout, a flabby elder would conk out after about a half hour.
Now, with my mod, below level 3 fitness, a Sim will handle about one hour of strenuous activity. Below 5 Fitness, you can handle about two hours. 5 or higher Fitness means you were in pretty good shape your life, so you won't get Dangerously Tired.
This is why the fat guy is looking worn-out while the fit guy is still at it.
I also reduced the strength of the moodlet to 10 Uncomfortable, same as imminent vomiting. If your Sim is otherwise feeling excellent, or if you play with Zerbu's "Uncomfortable Boosts Negative Emotions", it's now easier to kill flabby elders, as they won't refuse exercise unless Very Uncomfortable. They will die after about ten minutes if you push them.
This changes the Elder Exhaustion Loots (Action Instances 2465 and 19E0B), and the Buff_Death_ElderExhaustion_Warning / "Dangerously Tired" buff (Instance 24E8). In the "Non-Lethal" version, the buff is re-texted. In the "No Exhaustion" version, the Elder Exhaustion hidden motive is prevented from increasing.
In all versions, if you force-add Buff_Death_ElderExhaustion_Warning, you will instantly kill your Sim. I think it works this way unmodded too.
Size: 2.6 KB · Downloads: 2,018 · 8th Jan 2015
|2.6 KB||2,018||8th Jan 2015|
Size: 2.7 KB · Downloads: 1,311 · 8th Jan 2015
|2.7 KB||1,311||8th Jan 2015|
Size: 1.3 KB · Downloads: 1,623 · 8th Jan 2015
|1.3 KB||1,623||8th Jan 2015|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled