"Chips" to "Crisps" Text Replacement for UK Players.
Uploaded 17th Oct 2016 at 1:46 PM · Updated 27th Jul 2021 at 4:30 PM by Menaceman44 : Updated File
Being a UK player, I can overlook most American spelling variations in the game. One that bugged me enough to make this mod though is that in the UK, potato chips are known as crisps. To us, chips are served hot and are most similar to fries. Having Sims eat a bowl of "chips" that were clearly not "chips" was too much for me.
I realise this is a very niche mod and that not a lot of people will get any use out of it but I thought I would share anyway just in case.
This mod is simply a text override that alters the text strings in game. All mentions of "chips" have been swapped out for "crisps" with the exception of "Fish and Chips". This includes on the fridge, bar, restaurant menus, tooltips, etc.
Also, "Chips and Salsa" has been renamed to "Nachos and Salsa". The things with that salsa are triangular, they're not chips/crisps whichever word you use.
The text changes also go as far as changing chance card text and object descriptions. Examples of these can be seen in the screenshots.
Snacks have a price in the screenshots due to newtoongamer's "No free snacks" mod.
This mod will conflict with any other mod that also alters the same text strings. I have attached a screenshot showing the overridden strings if you need to check. I am not currently aware of any mods that would.
Added a few extra text strings that have been added to the game since the mod was created.
No free snacks v2.0 by newtoongamer.
No metadata could be extracted from this file
Size: 1.1 KB · Downloads: 2,742 · 27th Jul 2021
|1.1 KB||2,742||27th Jul 2021|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
I also have a Patreon page if you would like to make your support ongoing.
Please do not comment on my downloads asking if they need updating for new patches. By all means. please DO post if you have tried them in your game and find them to be broken. Make sure to include details of what is wrong though. Just telling me something needs updating is not helpful.
Comments are always welcome, good or bad. Although I prefer the good ones, heheh!
As I have now moved over to playing TS4, my TS3 and TS2 creations should be considered mostly unsupported.
Please see the Policy tab above if you are wanting to use any of my creations.