Uploaded 24th Nov 2016 at 10:38 PM · Updated 14th Sep 2018 at 9:30 PM by Neia
This mod disables culling
What is culling?
Culling is a background process run in the middle of the night to remove households for performance :
- Households that are not favorites can be culled when the population reaches around 575
- Households who are favorites are never culled
- In addition to that, non favorites Sims who have a favorite Sims as a close relative can also be kept (up to 100) in a simplifed state.
There are some other mods that change the culling :
- MC Command Center (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680) has an option to disable it. You shouldn't use my mod if you already have MC Command Center.
- Dark Gaia's No More Culling (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=545615) disables culling too but hasn't been updated recently. You can use my mod instead of Dark Gaia's if you want a more up to date version.
It replaces the function that calls the culling (StoryProgressionActionMaxPopulation.process_action) with a function that does nothing, thus disabling culling completely
Unzip it into your Mod folder and don't forget to enable script mods (Game Options > Other)
It will conflict with any mod that changes :
- process_action in StoryProgressionActionMaxPopulation
Game version used :
Tested with : 126.96.36.1990
| No Culling : disables culling and genealogy pruning
Size: 749 Bytes · Downloads: 61,993 · 13th Nov 2017
|749 Bytes||61,993||13th Nov 2017|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled