I Feel Shingled Out - Fancy Victorian Shingles
Uploaded 13th Mar 2017 at 2:09 AM · Updated 13th Mar 2017 at 3:40 AM by PharaohHound
This set offers all of the shingle styles you need to create any Victorian charmer you desire, including a matching square shingle. Every shingle pattern is fully CASTable with two separate channels.
All of the shingles have been created based on real life shingle patterns (some of which I've seen around my town!). All of the patterns offer realistic shading and texture details.
Technical details (all in set)
In-game category: Wood
Recolourable channels: 2
I have provided two options for downloading depending on your preferences. The "all" contains a single merged package file with all of the patterns pictured here. If you only want certain patterns, you may instead download the individual files.
The house featured in my pictures is available for download! Check out Viola House
Credits and thanks
The shingle shapes and pattern combos were created by me from scratch, as I couldn't find sufficient texture photographs of real-life shingles.
Wood Light Staining texture by Mayang used on all the shingles.
Special thanks to everyone in MTS chat for offering their advice, critiques, and support while I was in the process of making this set.
In-Game Category: Wood
Size: 62.5 KB · Downloads: 388 · 13th Mar 2017
|62.5 KB||388||13th Mar 2017|
Size: 77.5 KB · Downloads: 304 · 13th Mar 2017
|77.5 KB||304||13th Mar 2017|
Size: 65.1 KB · Downloads: 304 · 13th Mar 2017
|65.1 KB||304||13th Mar 2017|
Size: 74.5 KB · Downloads: 265 · 13th Mar 2017
|74.5 KB||265||13th Mar 2017|
Size: 66.4 KB · Downloads: 393 · 13th Mar 2017
|66.4 KB||393||13th Mar 2017|
Size: 79.1 KB · Downloads: 325 · 13th Mar 2017
|79.1 KB||325||13th Mar 2017|
Size: 83.3 KB · Downloads: 272 · 13th Mar 2017
|83.3 KB||272||13th Mar 2017|
Size: 82.5 KB · Downloads: 274 · 13th Mar 2017
|82.5 KB||274||13th Mar 2017|
Size: 83.2 KB · Downloads: 287 · 13th Mar 2017
|83.2 KB||287||13th Mar 2017|
Size: 694.1 KB · Downloads: 3,227 · 13th Mar 2017
|694.1 KB||3,227||13th Mar 2017|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
About My Creations
I'm pretty chill about stuff overall, with some boundaries:
- Please do not reupload my content unmodified anywhere else.
- Do not include my content with lots.
- Don't use any of my content as a base (including pets) or as CC (e.g. patterns used in a lot) in uploads for pay/donation
- If using my pets as a base, please credit me and link back to the original post
- If in the future I create any items worth recolouring, I welcome recolours provided they respect the previous policies.