Atavera's Classic Grillitan Diner Sign for Sims 4
Uploaded 30th Jan 2018 at 7:44 PM · Updated 5th May 2018 at 11:55 PM by BulldozerIvan
One of the few times I've ever tampered with a mesh in Blender (because the learning curve is quite sharp!)
Right before Atavera retired from Sims modding, he made several custom meshes for Sims 2 by user request. One of those requests was by me, for a Grillitan Diner sign. It...sort of worked for that game. Now, his mesh has been re-worked for use in Sims 4.
This is my first time publishing a custom mesh, so I realize the poly count is a bit high.
The image above is a promo image, edited in Photoshop and containing Sims of Wes Sankey, Valerie McMaline, Reggie Schmelding, and Bookie Rodriguez. (At that point in the Dromedeverse timeline, Jenny Kay was still serving time at Camelorum Correctional, so she's considered part of Camelorum Adventures instead, and not included here.)
This is an unedited (apart from cropping) screenshot of the sign doing its thing on the right side wall of the main building.
On the left side, this is a partially edited shot (lighting tweaks on sky and surroundings.) From a distance, the sign looks amazing in day or night time.
Finally, this edited shot (everything but the sign itself) reveals how well it works against a billboard backdrop.
Catalog and Price
You can find "Grillitan Diner Sign" under Buy Mode - > Lighting - > Wall Lights. It will cost 200 simoleons per sign.
Description: "It may be a restaurant, but it's not a Grillitan Diner without the official sign."
Note: The mesh came out a bit larger than I wanted it to. If you want a more reasonable sign size, I highly recommend using the " [ " cheat. Also, the sign gives off white light by default. If you want to change that, make sure that headline effects are on. Select "change color light and intensity." Select the maroon light indoors or the red one outdoors. Adjust the intensity until you get your desired results. It should look like a pink neon sign, more or less.
New mesh made by me, using Atavera's as a base. Original mesh by Atavera. Light script data by Maxis. Adaptation courtesy of SimPE, Blender, and Sims 4 Studio. Grillitan Diner logo and concept is a trademark of Dozerfleet Productions.
This design is now considered the classic Grillitan logo. Recent developments have led to a new design with a different font. Getting that new design to convert to a mesh may take some time. Information is available at the Dozerfleet Database, on the Dromedeverse main article.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: It may be a restaurant; but it's not a Grillitan Diner without the official sign.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Mesh name: Grillitan Diner Sign
Grillitan Diner Sign.zip
| It's not a Grillitan without the sign.
Size: 277.6 KB · Downloads: 640 · 30th Jan 2018
|277.6 KB||640||30th Jan 2018|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
Storyteller Additional Policy
- Fanfics with Dozerfleet characters: If you include any of my original characters in a webcomic or machinima, please include a fanfic disclaimer, and a link to my profile here or to the Dozerfleet Database on Miraheze.
- Trademarks and retention of ownership: Do not claim my original characters as your own. If you wish to make a video adaptation of a Dozerfleet-canon story, please include links to the original work's article page on the Dozerfleet Database. Especially good ones may be promoted on the Database, as well as the Facebook page and / or DeviantArt.
- Costume repurposing: If you use a Dozerfleet-franchise-specific costume for something other than its originally-intended purposes, please provide credit and a link.
- Artist attribution: For most franchises or related characters canon to the Dozerfleet Megaverse, you need only credit my uploads. For Camelorum Adventures™ and related uploads, please also give credit to Chad Patterson (Prodigal-Gamer), Shases, and Irina Anghel (AnirBrokenear) for inspiring the creation of the series and characters. For anything related to Cagegirl, please also credit Adam-00.
- Non-Dozerfleet-specific items: Items which are adapted from non-Dozerfleet properties (e.g., Sharknado shirts, Power Rangers 2017 suits, Marvel characters, etc.) need not be credited; though end credits and a link to me are greatly appreciated.
- Attribution by link: You may credit my uploads on DevianArt / MediaFire any time. Include links to Mod the Sims only if the upload is also hosted on Mod the Sims. Items not hosted on Mod the Sims should be link-credited to their DeviantArt / MediaFire locations instead. This includes any item rejected on MTS but allowed on DeviantArt and MediaFire. Anything never submitted to MTS in the first place, such as the Cheshire Pig from Camelorum Adventures, should also be credited on DeviantArt / MediaFire.)
- Templating: If you use one of my original characters as a genetics template for another character, credit and a link are greatly appreciated but not necessarily required. Consult with me if you are unsure.
- Miscellaneous: For any other use in machinomics or machinima, PM me if you have questions. Most other uses should be fair game.
Uploaders / Downloaders
Do not redistribute anything without consulting me first. PM me if you want something I've discontinued.