Functional Parenthood Hamper
Uploaded 25th Jan 2018 at 4:45 PM · Updated 29th Sep 2021 at 8:41 PM by Athena Apollos : Both versions work with 1.80
***STANDALONE works with latest update 18.104.22.168X30***
***DEFAULT OVERRIDE FIXED for latest update 22.214.171.124X30***
***DEFAULT OVERRIDE works with latest update 126.96.36.199X30***
Made with game version 188.8.131.520
Update - 27 Aug 2021
The default override version may not work with all saves.
I was disappointed when SimGuruGraham announced that EA would not make any of the deco laundry bins from previous packs backwards compatible with the new laundry system in the Laundry Day Stuff Pack. I really like the canvas hamper from Parenthood and I looked around the Internet but could not find any modded versions. So here I present to the Simmer community, the Functional Parenthood Laundry Basket. Enjoy!
P.S. It looks like EA fixed the initial placement issues with patch 1.41. You can now safely place the hamper against the wall and/or underneath shelves.
DO = Default Override - FIXED as of patch 184.108.40.206X30
SA = Standalone
Name: Laundry Basket
Locations: Misc Appliances and Misc Decorations
Swatches: All 9 original swatches
LODs and Polygon Counts
LOD 0: 783
LOD 1: 643
LOD 2: 595
- Works best if Sim has a clear path to both hamper and laundry machines
- This hamper was made on a Mac. If you have a PC, please delete the file named MACOSX - otherwise your game will not start. Thanks to ksstrek, jamee, SymJimm, and Cidsan for pointing out the error and the solution.
- Default Override version may not function in all saves. I haven't pinpointed exactly why this happens. I tested this mod in my "MC-vanilla" testing save with only it and MCCC, and the mod worked as advertised. When I tried it in my current save with just MCCC, the mod did not work.
nabob052, Regular Trash Lord, Tysakasa, SebbyRhys, and Hathorik on Discord for mod testing and coding help
iyaS, Cinderelli and Martine for the CC deco in my pics
Olesmit for André's outfit
Font used is "Craptastic" by me
Model: André Desjardins
Description: Don't forget to sort your laundry to avoid weird coloring mishaps. You know what? Don't even worry about it. It's probably not a big deal either way. Made functional by Athena Apollos
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Mesh name: Functional Laundry Basket - Parenthood Default Override
|Filename||AA_FunctionalPHLaundryBasketSA.package (inside AA_FunctionalPHLaundryBasketSA.zip)|
|Description||Don't forget to sort your laundry to avoid weird coloring mishaps. You know what? Don't even worry about it. It's probably not a big deal either way.|
|Mesh name:||Laundry Basket|
|Laundry Day Stuff|
This download has specific instructions!
Please download one or the other; however, downloading both wonï¿½t hurt anything. Youï¿½ll just have duplicates of the same laundry basket. This hamper was made on a Mac. If you have a PC, please delete the file named MACOSX, otherwise your game will not start.
| Flavor 1: Default Replacement - Replaces original deco Parenthood Hamper. Fixed for 1.78.
Size: 736.1 KB · Downloads: 2,649 · 27th Aug 2021
|736.1 KB||2,649||27th Aug 2021|
| Flavor 2: Standalone - Adds a new functional hamper next to the deco one. Works as of patch 220.127.116.11X30
Size: 732.9 KB · Downloads: 2,360 · 17th Apr 2019
|732.9 KB||2,360||17th Apr 2019|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
The creator also recommends the following uploads: