Sims Pre-greeting kiss/hug/video test nuker/circumventor
Uploaded 1st May 2018 at 12:14 PM · Updated 29th Apr 2018 at 2:46 AM by Ravynwolvf
Whenever a sim greets another sim for the first time on a lot, a test is run by the game to find out what sort of a greeting should take place; romantic, friendly, etc, and makes the two sims do little hugs, kisses, waves, etc BEFORE the interaction you told your sims to do. Many times, this causes Sims to get up from sitting, stop dancing, etc, for a simple "Brighten Day", or worse yet, causes the interaction to fail altogether from all its putzing around.
This mod simply removes the test coding altogether. It's still there for the game to reference, but it's blank, and flies right by it, and MOST of the time Sims will ONLY do what you told them to do instead. The number of failed social attempts has dropped in my game by a huge margin, and if I order a sim to go tell someone at the front door that they are a criminal mastermind, that's exactly what they do, without giving them a comforting hug first (which totally ruins the criminal mastermind aura). This makes the social part of gameplay quicker and more responsive. Things still fail from time to time, and Sims still do weird, unordered greets occasionally (it's still a Maxis game), but it's much better imho.
The mod changes the following xml, so any mods that use the same may conflict:
This can be used with my pre-greetings time out mod (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=605341), because sims will still sometimes wander across the lot and make your sim get up for an empty kiss or hug, and that seems to tone those down a bit as well.
Sims 4 Studio
Thanks to Scumbumbo who pointed out to me where the greetings were coming from
| Mod File 42518
Size: 509 Bytes · Downloads: 5,065 · 1st May 2018
|509 Bytes||5,065||1st May 2018|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
The creator also recommends the following uploads: