Ephemera alien soft skin Default replacement
Uploaded 14th Sep 2019 at 7:42 AM · Updated 8th Jan 2021 at 3:27 AM by carrit
UPDATE: Be sure to download the following mod here for the fat and fit textures to show up!
Ephemera's sof simpleskin is one of my favorite default replacements as it's a little more detailed and realistic, but not too much so. However, I found it a little annoying that I didn't have a match for my alien sims, so I decided I'd make one. I wanted to make it match as close to the maxis original as I could and it came out great!
I also found some excellent eyes by astiees here and made them a default replacement as well.
Important Note: for some reason the fat and fit textures don't show up in my game. they simply use the normal texture and I'm guessing that has something to do with the fact that I use the UC version of the game. The textures are still in the file. I'm not sure if there's a method for what I did, but I used another default replacement file and swapped out the textures with mine and changed the name. (I'm pretty sure this is a common practice.) When it didn't work the first time I tried two others and they didn't work either. So my best guess is that it just has to be because of the UC version. Let me know if it works for you. Thanks!
Ephemera/teru_k for their simple soft skin
astiees for their eyes
Size: 1.65 MB · Downloads: 1,452 · 8th Jan 2021
|1.65 MB||1,452||8th Jan 2021|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.