MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Visitors and Toddlers can use phones!

by Millipedeman Posted 31st Jul 2005 at 2:20 AM - Updated 24th Apr 2006 at 11:16 PM by Millipedeman
19 Comments / replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
This is a Hacked Object that will allow visitors to your house and toddlers to use your phone. It looks just like the phone in the game, so I don't need to post a pic.

Enjoy

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 2
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
MTS2_Millipedeman_TextX1.zip

Size: 7.2 KB · Downloads: 4,133 · 31st Jul 2005
7.2 KB 4,133 31st Jul 2005
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.

2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.

3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
  • Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
  • Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
  • Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
Need more information?
 
19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 2:21 AM
Woohoo! Cool! Good job! im the first to post...i think
Inventor
#3 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 2:49 AM
Is it the Wall Phone or the Table Phone?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 2:59 AM
Questions questions... How does the visitor use the phone? Do they call their friends? Do they do this autonomously? What about toddlers, do they use the right animations? What does it look like to have a toddler use the phone?

Thanks for your time.

Oh yeah, does this object stand alone or will it overwrite the current phones?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 3:34 AM
DawnKeeper

I don't know if toddlers have the same animations and what visitors would do with the phone. Probaly they will. THAT'S WHY IT SAYS "TESTERS WANTED" IN THE TITLE. I NEED TESTERS TO TELL ME HOW IT WORKS!

I am currently having problems with my game right now but I think it has a 25% chance of being a stand alone and a 75% chance of overriding the regular table phonw.

mob_bv

It is the table phone.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 9:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millipedeman
DawnKeeper

I don't know if toddlers have the same animations and what visitors would do with the phone. Probaly they will. THAT'S WHY IT SAYS "TESTERS WANTED" IN THE TITLE. I NEED TESTERS TO TELL ME HOW IT WORKS!

I am currently having problems with my game right now but I think it has a 25% chance of being a stand alone and a 75% chance of overriding the regular table phonw.

mob_bv

It is the table phone.


Yhanks for the information. I am not sure I am brave enough to test it at this point.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 9:14 AM
so they will order a pizza when the fridge is emtpy ? :D

.. i've always waited for that.. like in TS1 when the fridge is empty the sim call for a pizza.. now they will die for huger
Guest
#8 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 6:12 PM
i tried it in my game and for me toddlers can't use the phone
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 6:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlinaC
i tried it in my game and for me toddlers can't use the phone


It might be like the toddler mirror where they usually need full aspiration meter
Guest
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 8:28 AM
it's a great idea!!!!!!!! i just hope the toddlers cant call long distance......lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 2:16 AM
This is a little bit off topic, but with mommahaze's joke, here is what the other line hears when your baby calls.

Quote:
Goo Goo, Ga Ga!
Guest
#12 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 6:08 PM
I need help! I can't figure out how to install any of these things! Do I need a program or something?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 12:17 AM
It's just like a download. No. Just put the package file in the download folder.
Scholar
#14 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 3:41 PM
thanks so much - a unique idea
Guest
DELETED POST
7th Aug 2005 at 3:28 AM
This message has been deleted by CynicalChick. Reason: off topic
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 2:23 AM
I didnt think it was fair they couldnt use the phone.
thanks for this hack!

Oh, roh bitah!
Looking for the graveyards?
There "All" Here! -> The Sims Graveyard - http://thesimsgraveyard.com, In One Place :)
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 7:36 PM
Where are the pics?!? I cant download it if I dont know what it looks like...oh well i'll get it anyways!

WELL DONE...

[*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´A twinkle in the night sky far far away...*¨)¸;*
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th May 2011 at 10:30 AM
Oddly, I have found myself wanting toddlers to use the phone. (Mostly it was so they could keep up their relationship points with family members.) Thank you for making this.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
9th Aug 2011 at 4:10 PM
Yes!
This message has been deleted by AZUZAB.
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 4:12 PM
Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseCrazyjjm
I need help! I can't figure out how to install any of these things! Do I need a program or something?
You need The sims 2! Or you need to downlode a WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) file