Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 12:48 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 5th Jun 2021 at 2:03 PM.
Default Change hand grip?
I removed the handle on the spice shaker (and also fixed the holes):

since the handle is no longer there though, it looks like this in-game:

I would like to change/edit the grip to this one:

Is it possible? Or would I have to create a new animation for this? :-(

Many thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 10:33 PM
The grip's part of the animation, unfortunately.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 12:59 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 6th Jun 2021 at 10:10 AM.
Thank you so much for for the reply omglo! I see, that’s too bad :-(

Edit: I thought I would give WesHowe's Animax pogram a try, but I can't seem to get it to work:

I read about someone not being able to install it on Windows 8.1 (I'm on Win10) in another thread. Am I missing something or is it impossible to use Wes' program on newer Windows?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 5:25 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Jun 2021 at 10:28 PM.
Changing the size, shape and/or position of the item might be an easier task than changing the animation. I've done that with for instance baby/toddler bottles and such, using the original animations but with a different mesh. Sometimes you have to be a bit creativeand work around the animations.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 10:00 PM
Thank you for the idea simmer22! :-D unfortunately, I don’t think it will be possible for this mesh. The mesh is much wider than the closed hand/grip of the sim :-( if I can’t edit the animation, I think I might have to use EA’s handle in the end :-(
Alchemist
#6 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
Thank you so much for for the reply omglo! I see, that’s too bad :-(

Edit: I thought I would give WesHowe's Animax pogram a try, but I can't seem to get it to work:

I read about someone not being able to install it on Windows 8.1 (I'm on Win10) in another thread. Am I missing something or is it impossible to use Wes' program on newer Windows?

@vegan_kaktus the way I've gotten that program to work is by dragging the animation file on top of the exe. I wasn't ever actually able to make anything decent with it, but that's due to the limitations of Milkshape, which doesn't handle IK.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 10:53 PM
Thank you so much @omglo! I'll give that a try