Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 7:44 PM
Default Extra quick meals mod - disappeared?
I'm looking for a custom food mod that I found on here way back in early spring which gave me loads of extra quick meals options including "cold one" which was essentially beer. I loved it as this allowed me to have a total loser family who basically sat around drinking beer all day (even the kids, yes I am a bad person) Some recurring glitches caused a rage-based uninstallation of everything sims based from my computer for several months, and now that I come to trying to restore everything again, I find I cannot locate this mod. Maybe I'm just being really, really blind but having scrolled through all the pages of sims 3 mods and searching for "food" "recipes" and "quickmeals" I am not seeing anything. Does anyone happen to know the mod I'm referring to, and if so what it's labelled and happens to be?

I seem to remember there was a test recipe called "Green Apple" which may or may not have been related, but if anyone knows what I mean please let me know.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 3:37 AM
Well, I can get you started in the right direction at least. The green apple test you are remembering comes with douglasveiga's CCloader , which over time became a requirement for many food-based mods.

I don't remember the extra quick meals mod, but if/when it existed it may have required CCloader. "Grabbing a cold one" is EA's, it came with Uni and there are more snacks/quick meals than base game available with that EP. What you are remembering might be something entirely different, though.
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

"Grabbing a cold one" is EA's, it came with Uni and there are more snacks/quick meals than base game available with that EP.

I had to search my game for this because I had never noticed it myself. It seems like cold ones are only available from the mini fridge, which I never use for some reason. Learn something new all the time.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Inventor
#4 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 5:44 PM
I don't know if this mod is the one, but its kind of related. From shimrod, registration required on for the website.
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...#comment-129031
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 11:11 AM
Ahha thank you igazor, that's got the apple and pie back so that's a start.

It wasn't "grabbing a cold one" that I had before, it was a mod that gave me loads of additional quick meals options and one of them was "cold one" just like you might get "juice" or "icecream"
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#6 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 12:41 PM
The mini fridge that came with uni life has a lot more options for quick meals including the cold one than the regular fridges, so maybe the mod was one that unlocked the mini fridge quick meals for regular ones?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 10:18 AM
That sounds promising... do you know what it was called as I can't see anything for it when searching for fridge mods
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#8 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 12:31 PM
I had a look myself and couldn't find anything either :/
I did think that there was a mod that did that but honestly now I'm not so sure. Unless someone else has an idea, is it possible that you were using a mini fridge in your gameplay rather than a regular one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 6:53 PM
It was definitely a full sized fridge. All my mini fridges glitch after a few uses where all of a sudden the sims reckon they cannot access them any more, which is very odd so I haven't bothered to use them in gameplay