Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:25 PM
It's perfectly fine. I'm not one to ever stifle creativity
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justJones
coolsim22, well, without reading your article, I don't know for certain, but I doubt it But you could hold on to that one, you never know what might come in the next rounds. There's still plenty of time to get in this round.

Actually I might give this contest a miss, looking at the entries which look amazing btw, I have no chance of winning the contest also I don't have photoshop so I don't know I'm going to make a news paper effect on my article.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:59 PM
You don't have to have the newspaper effect, coolsim22. It's totally optional and doesn't effect the score. It's up to you, but we'd love to have you
Link Ninja
#29 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
Actually I might give this contest a miss, looking at the entries which look amazing btw, I have no chance of winning the contest also I don't have photoshop so I don't know I'm going to make a news paper effect on my article.

I think the contest is more about the story, not how it looks. So if you have an article please consider sharing it and joing the contest

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

#30 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 2:22 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 25th Feb 2015 at 5:37 AM.
Prompt 1 Natural Disaster (Biblical proportions Rain of Pumpkins)
Prompt 2 The Senior Centre
Word Count 843

#31 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 3:46 AM

*feels awkward about the double post infraction but I wanted to encourage our friend coolsim22!*

If you have a story, I wish you'd enter Don't let the newspaper effect stop you, it's not a requirement of the competition. I don't have any fancy editing stuff either, I just used MS Word - and the story itself is what counts!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 1:46 PM
I'm in - working on my entry
Scholar
#33 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 6:22 PM
Sorry, two questions before I upload:
  • If I choose to use TS3 for my article in the first round, will I be allowed to use another game for the second round?
  • I don't have photoshop - is my picture allowed to be in colour or is b/w or sepia needed? Also, if my bonus isn't very good, do I still get all the points or only some or none? (Like, not that professional looking?)

And can I use English UK spellings or do I have to use the American way or spelling?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 6:26 PM
@IrishA03, The bonus is up to 5, so you might not get the whole 5 depending, but you would at least get something for effort. UK spelling is fine. As to switching games between rounds...I think, since this isn't a continuous story, that would be ok.
Scholar
#35 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 6:29 PM
@IrishA03, The bonus is up to 5, so you might not get the whole 5 depending, but you would at least get something for effort. UK spelling is fine. As to switching games between rounds...I think, since this isn't a continuous story, that would be ok.

Right, thank you!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 6:44 PM
Oh, forgot your question about color. It doesn't have to be black and white or sepia. There are papers with colored pics :D
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:47 AM Last edited by TimberWolfer : 8th Mar 2015 at 8:49 AM. Reason: Names
Here's my entry:
Scenario: Outer Space Politics/crime (war, in a sense)
Word Count(Article): 751
Word Count(Everything else): 141

article (extended)
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 1:43 PM
@TimberWolfer, you didn't include the word count in the post.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 2:06 PM
Awesome Entries everyone. All very creative ideas. ^___^
Mad Poster
#40 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 4:38 PM
Very interesting reading so far! Great submissions, everyone

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#41 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 6:52 PM
Here is my entry:

Prompt 1 : Crime (Bank fraud)
Prompt 2 : In Sim City (Businesses complaining)
Word Count : 817 words (excluding headlines)

Here is my header and headline

My article

Bonus

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 7:02 PM
@TimberWolfer, unfortunately, I cannot add you to the table, the required word count is 750-1200 for the article. There is still time to get one in though!

With Justpetro's entry we have the 5 we needed to keep going, but there are still 15 spots left. So keep those entries coming :D
Test Subject
#43 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 3:08 AM
For some reason the picture won't come out. I have to retake it. Also I don't know how to include a spoiler. Even if I did, I also don't know how to put in an image...I don't post alot.
Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 4:09 AM
Post is within limits
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 4:18 AM
Ok, TimberWolfer, you are now added to the table
Scholar
#46 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:59 AM
Prompts:
-Crime (Theft)
-At the Trailer Park

Word Count: 754 (Including ONLY Article text- not headline, etc)

Article Picture:

Headline:

Missing Train Caboose Found Years Later

Article:

Bonus:

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 1:47 PM
@Capulina, to do a spoiler type [ spoiler ] everything you want in the spoiler goes here [ spoiler ], except without the spaces. As to adding images, this might help.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:14 PM
@Capulina - a slight correction to what Jones wrote above...
To make a spoiler tag, you type:
[ spoiler]Whatever text you want hidden[ /spoiler]
Without any spaces between the brackets [ ]
So, what I typed would look like this...

I hope that helps Jones - you forgot the back-slash on the closing tag

and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:51 PM
You don't have to have the newspaper effect, coolsim22. It's totally optional and doesn't effect the score. It's up to you, but we'd love to have you

Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I think the contest is more about the story, not how it looks. So if you have an article please consider sharing it and joing the contest

Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
*feels awkward about the double post infraction but I wanted to encourage our friend coolsim22!*

If you have a story, I wish you'd enter Don't let the newspaper effect stop you, it's not a requirement of the competition. I don't have any fancy editing stuff either, I just used MS Word - and the story itself is what counts!

Awww, Thanks for the encouraging posts, I will consider taking part and try to make an entry for each round if I have the time due to school work,
sorry if this has already been asked but Is 750 words the minimum amount of words needed for the article to be accepted?

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Mad Poster
#50 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:58 PM
...Is 750 words the minimum amount of words needed for the article to be accepted?

Yes. And that doesn't include titles/captions/headlines etc. The article itself should be between 750 and 1200 words. I'm looking forward to reading your "news"!

and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 2 of 7