Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Yes. And that doesn't include titles/captions/headlines etc. The article itself should be between 750 and 1200 words. I'm looking forward to reading your "news"!

Thanks, I'm going to start writing the article over the weekend

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 8:52 PM
I have another question because I'm writing an article on crime about murder, but I'm not feeling it. So, I'm wondering if recruiting for a terror group would be considered a crime? Or just terror in general?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:25 PM
@TMBrandon, terror, as in terrorism, would definitely count as crime (if that's what you meant).

Thanks for catching my "duh" moment, Cat
Theorist
#54 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justJones
@TMBrandon, terror, as in terrorism, would definitely count as crime (if that's what you meant).

Thanks for catching my "duh" moment, Cat

Yes that's exactly what I meant. Just being rather cautious about mentioning it, because I don't want to suddenly be accused of creating a terroristic group and have my every move monitored.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 2:12 AM Last edited by thatkitten : 28th Feb 2015 at 2:16 AM. Reason: Added post, it just took me away from the editor T_T
My Entry
Ooh, ooh, ooh!!!! I'd love to enter! I think my post is too short though...only 214 words
Oh well, here goes
Screenshots
Test Subject
#56 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:01 AM
Natural Disaster (Hurricane & Flooding)
In Sim City (Riverblossom Hills)
Word Count: 870

Headline: Hurricane to Hit Riverblossom Hills
Article Picture:

Newspaper:

Bonus:
Test Subject
#57 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:03 AM
@CatherineTCJD @justJones

Thanks for you're friendly help. I should've probably figured out the spoiler since I use bold and italics so much with the [B] and the [I] so much.
Theorist
#58 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:08 AM
Could I use two of the who/where prompts? Like if I wanted to involve my Sim who was a Space Pirate, could I use both "Pirates" and "In space"? Or would that just be making it harder for myself later on?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#59 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thatkitten
Ooh, ooh, ooh!!!! I'd love to enter! I think my post is too short though...only 214 words
Oh well, here goes
@thatkitten, I can't see any words, just an image. Please can you edit your post and add in the text

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:31 PM
@esmeiolanthe, you can. But you still have to pic one to state as your chosen prompt. Let's say you choose "outer space" for a story about a space pirate. You can still later use pirate (if it is in the prompts) since it wasn't your "official choice".
Theorist
#61 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 8:19 PM
Prompt 1: Crime (Terrorism)
Prompt 2: In SimCity
Word Count(s): 887 (excluding "BREAKING" and "JUST IN")
775 excluding "BREAKING" and "JUST IN" bit

TERROR GROUP, GWAC, CAUSE HAVOC ACROSS SIMCITY

Test Subject
#62 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 6:58 PM
Hello, I would also like to participate. I've been playing The Sims for quite a log time, but I haven't joined in with anything. This is going to be my first contest entry, as well as my first post actually. I hope it will be fine!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#63 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ioana0720
Hello, I would also like to participate. I've been playing The Sims for quite a log time, but I haven't joined in with anything. This is going to be my first contest entry, as well as my first post actually. I hope it will be fine!
I'm sure you will be fine, any questions just ask. It's a great way to get to know people

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 12:41 AM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 5th Mar 2015 at 1:47 AM. Reason: entry editing
So excited another contest had started. Great entries so far! Here is my entry for round 1
Word Count: 848
Prompt 1: Government Affair
Prompt 2: In Sim City

The Glenbrook Gazette
Making History: Royals to visit Sim City!

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:36 PM
Got my story written now to do the bonus and post. I am having fun with one
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#66 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zaleth
Got my story written now to do the bonus and post. I am having fun with one
if you hit reply to my post you will see the quotes come up around my text. So spoiler tags would be

[ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces)

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 3:12 AM Last edited by zaleth : 10th Mar 2015 at 6:19 PM. Reason: Add Transcript
Prompt:1 Government/Politics
Prompt:2 Sim City: Willow Creek
Word Count: 849 not including headers

Headline:
Bella Goth-Mayor of Willow Creek?
From the desk of Paige Turner

Article:

Bonus:

Transcript for easier reading:

Screenshots
Inventor
#68 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:57 PM Last edited by PSDuckie : 8th Mar 2015 at 8:47 PM. Reason: Added the bonus
Prompt 1: Crime (prison escape)
Prompt 2: In Heaven or Hell or both (Hell)

I'm putting everything in spoiler tags because there is a LOT of text and two large pictures.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 8:24 PM
Sorry, Unfortunately I've not had the time to make an article and I'm going to be busy this week end so I won't have the time to take part in this competition but hopefully I'll be able to take part in future Competitions, homework has started piling in at school

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#70 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
Sorry, Unfortunately I've not had the time to make an article and I'm going to be busy this week end so I won't have the time to take part in this competition but hopefully I'll be able to take part in future Competitions, homework has started piling in at school
That's sad coolsim, but quite rightly your schoolwork must come first

Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 10:12 AM Last edited by ioana0720 : 8th Mar 2015 at 3:55 PM.
Default Round 1 entry
Prompts: A Government Affair at the Senior Center
Word Count: 760

Headline: President Talkalone busted!
President G.Y. Talkalone fornicates at Winehlill Senior Center

Article:

Bonus:
Screenshots
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 12:46 AM
About a day left, folks! Anyone who's still wanting to enter better get their posts up! We've still got some room!
Inventor
#73 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 1:42 AM
I have a question about the bonus. I used TS3 to make the picture for the actual article; am I allowed to use TS2 for the bonus picture?

Field Researcher
#74 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 6:47 AM Last edited by Qnshr5 : 8th Mar 2015 at 7:02 AM.
Default Round 1
Prompt #1: Crime
Prompt #2: In Sim City
Article Word Count: 1182

Caption: Dill and Chloe Lovejoy lead Sim City police to Fiora Reed’s body in Lirchwood Park.

CAUGHT!
Fugitives in Millionaire’s Murder Found

Memory Games A Sims 3 Thriller Mystery
Inventor
#75 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
I have a question about the bonus. I used TS3 to make the picture for the actual article; am I allowed to use TS2 for the bonus picture?

Well, with time running out I did use TS3 for the main article pic and TS2 for the bonus pic.

Page 3 of 7