Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Quick question. Would using photoshop for minor effects like blood be okay?

When it comes to doing any photo editing outside of what is allowed in Story Rules 8 & 9, you'll have to decide if it's worth the risk of a possible loss of Presentation points. That's #7 under Scoring. It includes having a completed entry form, being within word/picture count, & adhering to the rules. As using effects breaks the rules, it will be up to each individual judge's discretion on what to do-- if they think it's worth taking off points for and, if so, how many points to deduct. They can take off as little as .5pts to as much as 5pts. It's their opinion of how severe they believe the violation is. There's no way to tell how okay one judge will be with it versus another. (At least, not until you see how they score & comment.) Even minor effects would be breaking the photo editing rule. Ultimately, you'll have to decide if you believe that's worth the risk of losing Presentation points or not.

Memory Games A Sims 3 Thriller Mystery
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 2:50 AM
For the bonus: Does the quote chosen have to be the one relating to the archetype chosen? My chosen archetype was Ms Exposition, but I discovered that I only needed to change a few words to manage to smoothly fit in "like something only partly of mankind," and I think I like it better like this.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
For the bonus: Does the quote chosen have to be the one relating to the archetype chosen? My chosen archetype was Ms Exposition, but I discovered that I only needed to change a few words to manage to smoothly fit in "like something only partly of mankind," and I think I like it better like this.

This round, you can use any of the quotes. It doesn't have to be the one that goes with the archetype you chose.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 4:43 AM Last edited by Qnshr5 : 15th Jun 2015 at 11:00 PM.
Last Week for Entries!
Just a Reminder! This is the start of the last week before round 1 ends! It's also the last full weekend so if you have the time take advantage of it. I know many of you are working hard and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. :D

Also, there is one more opening for an emergency judge, if anyone is interested.

Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 11:01 PM Last edited by livmusic : 15th Jun 2015 at 11:30 PM.
Default My Entry
Story Title: I am part of the future's damage
Genre: sci-fi
Word/Picture Count: 130 words no pictures
Round Element: Young mutant Elise has to rebel against her father to show her odd but true mutant ability
Synopsis & Recap: (recap starting in rd 2)
Entry 1
Round Element: I stare my dad into the eyes (or I thought I did) I say, "Dad I love you but I'm not like you I want to be an Avenger"
entry 1: My name is Elise and I've been a mutant for a year now. Sadly my father Tony didn't accept me his only kid is different. Tony knows I want to become an Avenger but after second Cival war ( I was a 3 yr old then) he said I can't become an Avenger I know one reason why I'm blind but I can see stuff before it happens. Today I did it I looked into his eyes (or I thought I did) I say, "Dad I love you but I'm not like you I want to be an Avenger." He looks at me sadly and says "I know." What I didn't realize is the Avengers knew about me already. Thor already knew what I knew is about two years from know the avengers and other superheros that are foggy to me would be in this fight over dangours wepons called the infinity stones. While I processed the future shown to me we were attacked I blacked out.

We awoke in a room I was strapped to a chair I knew about one other power I had it's almost as dangorus as the infinity stones themselves lights flickered I saw the avengers I yelled, " What the heck was that for." No one answered Thor stepped forward and told me you are an infinity stone Elise.
Test Subject
#31 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 1:21 PM Last edited by blatant07 : 17th Jun 2015 at 10:12 PM.
Default Chapter 1
Story Title: Darkness Falls
Genre: Sci Fi
Word/Picture Count: 2499 Words / 22 Pictures
Round Element: Expendable
Synopsis: Captain Zakeel's home planet is at war, to help the situation he is sent to planet Earth to recruit help.
Cover Picture:
Entry:
Site Helper
#32 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 3:47 PM
I was hoping to enter, but after fighting with my game, starting a new game in the same world 8 times now, forgetting what the rooms looked like in some of the pictures that I did successfully get and taking more pictures that are unusable because the rooms don't match, taking so long to get everybody posed that it was no longer the right time of day (solved with Relativity set so that time is running a LOT more slowly) and finding an otherwise almost perfect custom world with the water table at ground level so my initial basements are all flooded and only the basement tool basements work, I have managed to get 7 usable pictures. Seven. I'm still working on an entry, but don't count on it getting in. Sorry.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#33 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I was hoping to enter, but after fighting with my game, starting a new game in the same world 8 times now, forgetting what the rooms looked like in some of the pictures that I did successfully get and taking more pictures that are unusable because the rooms don't match, taking so long to get everybody posed that it was no longer the right time of day (solved with Relativity set so that time is running a LOT more slowly) and finding an otherwise almost perfect custom world with the water table at ground level so my initial basements are all flooded and only the basement tool basements work, I have managed to get 7 usable pictures. Seven. I'm still working on an entry, but don't count on it getting in. Sorry.

It may be too late to mention this but you could also try Cmo's Time/Weather Change Mod. You can shift the time forward or back to whatever you need it to be as well as changing the weather and overcast. Here's hoping you can get a story in!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 5:43 AM Last edited by Qnshr5 : 18th Jun 2015 at 3:41 PM.
@Ghost sdoj: If pictures are the main thing holding you back you only need 5 more to meet the minimum of 12. I say "only" but I know how difficult that can be when the game won't cooperate with you. Pictures and words just have to be within the range. They don't have to match like 1500 wds/15pics. It can be 2000 wds/12 pics or whatever. It's ok to rely on with words what you're unable to show in picture! I'm also hoping you're able to get in, but understand if you're unable to.

@livmusic: I'm not sure if you're planning on adding more to your entry or not, but since there's only a couple days left, I want to point out that your word and picture count need to fall within the range of 1200-2500 words and 12-25 pictures before I can add you to the contest. Ignore if you're already expanding/adding to your story.

Still need 3 more completed entries to move on to round 2. There's less than 2 days left! Plenty of time to put yours together.

Site Helper
#35 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 5:45 AM
Story Title: Between Two Worlds

Genre: Fantasy

Word/Picture Count: 2227 words. 12 pictures.

Round Element: Ms. Exposition

Synopsis & Recap: In a world ruled by a necromancer who uses the undead as his enforcers, Amara discovers that she is destined to bring change. Whether she wants to or not.

Cover Picture:

Mad Poster
#36 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 9:35 AM
Just gotta put the finishing touches on and my entry should be up sometime today

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 4:10 PM
Mine will be up when I get back from work.

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:12 PM Last edited by Letcupcake : 20th Jun 2015 at 11:10 PM.
Story Title: The Linessis Chronicles
Word/Picture Count: 1.277 Words // 21 Pictures
Round Element: Mr./Mrs. Exposition
Synopsis & Recap: Nova wakes up with no memories. In a world full of magic, who can she thrust?

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 10:57 PM
The Final Countdown!
There's 12 hours left before the round ends and the contest is closed to new entries! Check the timer in the first post to see when it ends where you live. We need 1 more entry/contestant for this contest to be able to continue to the next round. So get yours in! Don't worry if it's not perfect. You can always improve over the next rounds. Anyone who would like to be apart of this contest, but not as a contestant, there is still an opening for an emergency judge. Let me know if you are interested (please refer to the instructions for potential judges in the first post).

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 11:18 PM
when will the score will come out? Just to know...

Mad Poster
#41 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 12:24 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 20th Jun 2015 at 3:50 AM.
Story Title: Anne Arbor
Word/Picture Count: 2,469 Words / 20 Pictures
Round Element: Non-Human Human: Pretty much the whole town.
Synopsis: The Garrets are a family of sorcerers living in Anne Arbor, a town that's well known for its rich history with the supernatural. Like every family, they've had a lot of problems that they've been able to bounce back from. But how well will they be able to stick together in wake of a terrible tragedy?

I'm home for the rest of the day (7:30 pm here) so let me know if there's anything I need to change before the round is over.

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Letcupcake
when will the score will come out? Just to know...

Letcupcake, judges have a whole week to score and comment. Then it will take me a little time to put all the info together and organize it all nice and pretty for you. Maximum it will be 8 days or next Sunday. However, if judges finish before their deadline, then the scores will come out sooner. It depends on how things go.

To All: :lovestruc :lovestruc Thank you everyone who has entered so far. We have 5 contestants and now can officially continue the contest! YAAAYYY! AND there's still almost 7 hours left for anyone else who wants to get in on this. Remember, you can edit all the up way until the deadline. So, if it qualifies, but isn't perfect yet, you can post it and fix it to your liking (if you want to be sure that you're entered but are also a perfectionist).

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 5:49 AM
Title: Avalanche
Genre: Science Fiction
Word/Picture Count: 2497 / 18
Round Element: Mr. Exposition
Synopsis: The Jovians came to Earth to escape slavery and genocide; instead, they found a more subtle form of both waiting inside their gilded cage. When tension between the humans and descendents of the refugees is higher than ever, a chance encounter between two wanted criminals championing the Jovian cause will have repercussions far beyond what either side could have imagined.

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Test Subject
#44 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:30 AM Last edited by elphaba2 : 20th Jun 2015 at 10:45 AM.
Story Title: Isolation
Genre: Science Fiction
Word/Picture Count: 1,754 words; 12 pictures
Round Element: Mr. Exposition
Synopsis: When the crew of The Providence becomes stranded after an accident, they are forced to make difficult decisions and sacrifices in order to survive.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 10:39 AM
Story Title: Erosion
Genre: Sci-Fi
Word/Picture Count: 1376/14
Round Element: Not the One
Synopsis & Recap: Secret police from the Fourth Caerulean Commonwealth look for a small cell of rebels supposedly based at Tack Krannert's mining outpost.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 11:13 AM
Story Title: A Darthtopian Dream
Word/Picture Count: 23/2500
Round Element: Mr/Ms Exposition
Synopsis & Recap: A boy travels to another world that is strangely connected to his own. Follow him on his adventure as he tries to find his way back home.
Entry:

Bonus:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 11:21 AM
Round 1 CLOSED!
Alright! Time is up. Pencils down. Round 1 is officially closed! Thank you to Bre814, Ghost sdoj, Letcupcake, lil bag2, and hungryhippo for their works of fantasy. And thanks to Blatant07, Freelala, elphaba2, and sionelle, all representing science fiction. May the best genre win and may the odds be ever in your favor! Judges, take it away...

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#48 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 1:23 PM
Wow, I'm excited to see all these last minute entries. Definitely going to have our work cut out for us when judging.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 4:02 PM
I didn't put who said the bonus thing Dx
Will that be a problem?! ;-;

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:30 PM Last edited by Qnshr5 : 20th Jun 2015 at 8:17 PM.
I completely forgot to post Round 2! So sorry about that. After I closed the contest, I shut down my laptop and went to bed. It is now up and I will have the timer set momentarily.
@Letcupcake: You don't have to put who said the quote. As long as it's underlined in the story and then written out under bonus, judges will be able to find it.

EDIT: Timer is set for Friday 10th of July at 11:59 AoE, Baker Island time. I gave you all two extra hours since I was late and the site will be down when the scores are supposed to come out. It shouldn't effect the time needed for your entry too much, but there's some extra time anyway.
Round 2 Timer

Page 2 of 9