Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 1:38 PM
Why can't kids play tag in the street? That was a great activity after homework in TS2 because it got them tired, built up relationships, and I think body skill if I recall correctly.

Maybe it's in an EP and I don't know.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sonyablue
Why can't kids play tag in the street? That was a great activity after homework in TS2 because it got them tired, built up relationships, and I think body skill if I recall correctly.

Maybe it's in an EP and I don't know.

Sign of the times? Considered too dangerous for mums and dads to allow it these days even though we were just as in danger when we played in the streets and parks years ago. We just weren't told or parents knew about such things years ago. Rather like the doghouses! There are things for them to do if you have bought most of the packs and that's the way the game is going.

Of course the kids could be knocked down by the trams or icecream van or even cars if we get them, (I doubt it though).
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 2:23 PM
How do real-life Maxis employees get to work? They walk onto the sidewalk and magically teleport to their contractually correct EA memory-hole.

Perhaps many bought Teslas they can't afford.
Instructor
#29 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sonyablue
How do real-life Maxis employees get to work? They walk onto the sidewalk and magically teleport to their contractually correct EA memory-hole.

Perhaps many bought Teslas they can't afford.

Not at the moment they aren't. They're all working from home!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
Not at the moment they aren't. They're all working from home!

Making those Tesla loan payments. Saving the world through a con man is expensive.
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 4:33 PM
Interactions for kids are generally lacking in this game. I miss tag and playing ball especially. I also wish they'd made a compromise between open and closed world and done open neighborhoods. Having a loading screen to go to the library from the gym in Willow Creek is annoying as heck.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Scholar
#32 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 8:06 PM
Well, not exactly in game but when lunching it. I did know where was a update coming and thought: "Good thing I have the setting for game updates set to "off" in Origin so I do not have to worry about mods getting broken". When I did launch windows 10 I did not have any internet connection so I sneaked into Origin and checked: Still "off". Good! I did set up the Wi-Fi and connected. Launched Origin and... What a /Beeep/ is this!? Origin began to update my game anyway?? Why? How? The setting for game updates is "Off"!

As we all know, updates can not be stopped because the game don't work. So I paused it, grabbed the mods folder, updated the game and trow the folder back. And yeah, the game were OK. Only my sims had lost their connections to people they have seen recently (not friends and family, just sims they have seen and spoken to on the streets). But the point is: What part of "No game updates" is it that Origin don't understand? So I did change for the setting to "Origin updates" to Off as well. So now I have to write in my password every time I launch the game (as I must on my laptop whit those settings). (Dead).
Forum Resident
#33 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Interactions for kids are generally lacking in this game. I miss tag and playing ball especially. I also wish they'd made a compromise between open and closed world and done open neighborhoods. Having a loading screen to go to the library from the gym in Willow Creek is annoying as heck.

i miss soccer that kids could play and also mary mack and cops and robbers. Macro polo was also good while swimming in the pool.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 8:16 PM
OH my god I just start Sims 4 and my biggest annoyance is that if I have two people queued to go to the fridge for leftovers, after the first one takes their portion, the second will drop the order to go get leftovers. I have played with a morning routine, doing this in every game since Sims One. Now suddenly I can't multiple queue this one thing! It makes my morning routine so frustrating.

Also, See Siggy!!! LOL

Oh look! I can pass right by this table and eat at that desk way over there!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 6:48 PM
Today's rant is brought to you by simblrs. Myspace called, it wants its auto-play music back! Also wtf do you insist on turning the mouse cursor into something weird or super tiny? Why disable arrow key scroll? I've come to the conclusion that if the site has any of these issues, I don't need it.

Instructor
#36 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaoticMoira
OH my god I just start Sims 4 and my biggest annoyance is that if I have two people queued to go to the fridge for leftovers, after the first one takes their portion, the second will drop the order to go get leftovers. I have played with a morning routine, doing this in every game since Sims One. Now suddenly I can't multiple queue this one thing! It makes my morning routine so frustrating.

Also, See Siggy!!! LOL

I just locked the kitchen door for everyone except the best cook whilst someone was cooking the breakfast/ lunch/dinner and got someone to lay the table in the dining room, then unlocked the kitchen door and called to meal. That's if I caught them in time from raiding the fridge! Of course one time the stove caught fire and it was some time before I realised I had shut the firefighters out!

Just like my mum used to do.
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 2:24 PM
"I have something important to tell my fiance, better do it in the bathroom!" Why must all sims congregate in the bathroom??

Scholar
#38 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 5:48 PM
And why do sims always do the dishes in the bathroom sink when the kitchen sink works just as good (or bad)? (Yeah, I know there is mods. I will have to try that again).
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 6:18 PM
I have no idea how sims choose the sinks they choose to do dishes in. In TS3 the decision tree seems to be proximity>hygiene so as long as there was a sink with a better rating near the dining area, they'd do dishes there. In TS4, they seem to prefer the least convenient sink. So maybe we need to build lots where the only sink is in the kitchen? I swear I've seen sims in the Goth House carry dishes to the third floor to do dishes in Cassandra's attic bathroom.

Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 6:37 PM
"I have something important to tell my fiance, better do it in the bathroom!" Why must all sims congregate in the bathroom??

And they always have! I remember it being a big issue in Sims 2, "party bathrooms."
Scholar
#41 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 7:02 PM Last edited by Keren : 9th Aug 2020 at 9:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
And why do sims always do the dishes in the bathroom sink when the kitchen sink works just as good (or bad)? (Yeah, I know there is mods. I will have to try that again).

This mod was originally created by Scumbumbo (RIP), and was updated by LeRoiDeTout
make sure you download it from here:
https://scumbumbomods.com/#/dont-wa...you-angry-poop/

(Edit : removed the link for the no food prep, as it's being updated by Basemental which is currently on a break, so it wasn't updated for the Eco patch yet)
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:15 PM
I had that one in and it worked well most of the time, but it was sending up a ton of errors after the last patch. So I had to take it out and now I'm stuck with sims walking past the kitchen sink to do their dishes in the bathroom. It's gotten to the point where when a sim does their dishes in the kitchen or uses the dishwasher autonomously I start praising them like a toddler using the potty. "Wow, Bella! You put your dishes in the dishwasher! You're such a good sim! I'm sorry for your coming untimely demise!"

Scholar
#43 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:47 PM
I had that one in and it worked well most of the time, but it was sending up a ton of errors after the last patch. So I had to take it out and now I'm stuck with sims walking past the kitchen sink to do their dishes in the bathroom. It's gotten to the point where when a sim does their dishes in the kitchen or uses the dishwasher autonomously I start praising them like a toddler using the potty. "Wow, Bella! You put your dishes in the dishwasher! You're such a good sim! I'm sorry for your coming untimely demise!"

Well, after patches you need to wait for mods to get updated, then go and redownload them..
this one was updated June 5th, 2 days after the big Eco patch dropped, so it should be working now with no errors.
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 10:10 PM
I think it was the bug update before Knitting that broke it since it altered bathroom behavior. Anyway, I took out the mods I was suspicious of and the errors stopped so, I don't know. I never minded the fire toilets. I got to make jokes like "gives new meaning to the fire shits" and "She's gotta go put out a fire."

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 5:24 AM
Plasticbox created smaller versions of the doll houses. Also playable versions of some toys, and smaller versions of the huge toys.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 5:34 PM
Yeah, the fire toilet one I found amusing; it didn't have any gameplay down side, either.
Scholar
#47 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 7:17 PM
Speaking of purely aesthetic features that have been broken with patches, the newest patch broke bushes/shrubs changing for the seasons! Now they're all green and flowery in the winter. If I wanted that, I'd play The Sims 3!

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#48 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Speaking of purely aesthetic features that have been broken with patches, the newest patch broke bushes/shrubs changing for the seasons! Now they're all green and flowery in the winter. If I wanted that, I'd play The Sims 3!

Uh not even my winter bushes look like that in the sims 3 lol. But then again it snows a lot in my game for some reason lol. Maybe they want to make it look like Texas? Hahaha our bushes and tress still look that good in the winter time hahaha
Scholar
#49 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
Uh not even my winter bushes look like that in the sims 3 lol. But then again it snows a lot in my game for some reason lol. Maybe they want to make it look like Texas? Hahaha our bushes and tress still look that good in the winter time hahaha

The Sims 3's bushes (save for one added in University Life - which IIRC is categorized as a tree - and one added into ITF) don't change for the seasons at all. So you have this same thing happen in TS3 (and TS2). Except TS4 still has the terrain changing and plenty of smaller plants (including the grasses and some flowers). So it looks even more awkward... But don't let it be understated how annoyed I was with TS3 for this.

So to see it rear its ugly head in TS4, which finally had improved upon the problem, is a bit infuriating. I know everyone's probably like "Who cares?". The Sims 4 Seasons is the only reason I got into the blasted game, because I'm shallow AF and love the winter aesthetic. It's fun to watch the seasons change in TS4, so much more than previous games. It's one of my very few weak spots that EA hit. Adding a playable woodwind/brass instrument is pretty much the only other one I can think of.

From modding, I know what resource you edit in these plants to make them turn turn brown for winter (I haven't figured out the flowers, though). I took one of these objects into S4S, and the resource is configured properly, so I really have no clue what is going on with them, and thus it's beyond my knowledge to fix them. =(

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Smeg Head
#50 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy

I swear, you'll have to start wrapping their knuckles to make them stop doing this error - for six years! - they just do not learn.

When they create new XMLs for the game, then inject them into the main game files while building their proto-patch, if the new XML is a template of ones already in existence, it will batch change all others to match it by default. I presume the Region XML for Batuu has all seasons and seasonal effects (on plants) switched off. So the dev working on that just slips it into the main files and, yep, it batch changes all other older Region XMLs to match. They do this every time with at least one XML template come patch time. They never learn. Bah.

I'm sure they think it's quicker to batch change the lot, and wait for the player error reports to come in, rather than hunt down the few XMLs from a template type to prevent them getting the adverse batch change. The latter takes more work. The former, shoot first, let the community question later, then we'll fix - maybe. Bahhhh!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Page 2 of 3