Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 7:53 PM Last edited by ll : 14th Sep 2010 at 9:28 PM.
ani, just saw the rest of the theater in your blog, I really liked the thought you put into making it functional (loved the backstage woohoo area! ).
The reason I don't post pics of the outside of my businesses is because most of them are located in lots I downloaded (I'm a terribly uninspired builder ). The two exceptions so far: The Daycare Center and Hair Salon (pic 1, pic 2, pic 3) and my current work in progress the F1 Team Garages (pic 1, pic 2, pic 3) for my racing circuit.

Joana's Beauty Salon

To reach the unreachable star.

Wilde Legacy

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 9:54 PM
OMG cool salon... I wish my Salon looked like that .... Cant wait till the next ep comes out so I can afford to buy ambitions lol

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Forum Resident
#28 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 1:13 AM
Oh wow, ani, does the big screen actually function?? Where did you get it?
Mad Poster
#29 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 4:49 AM
From here. Shamefully admitting I still have an TSR account, but the screen and the chair to match, is the only thing I have downloaded from them in years.

There is also this, but it's two stories high, so a bit too big for me.

II: I got a bit of comfort from you saying you are not a good builder (because your businesses area wonderful), that is until I saw your building exterior. They look amazing. I like the city feel you have in your hood. Hope you put those building up for download.
Theorist
#30 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 3:44 PM

Bridgette's Homemaker Studio

Exterior:

Entrance:

Bridgette and Beth's private studio upstairs:

Working away:

Best friends Bridgette Sandstone and Beth Moonlight have collaborated to build a gallery of their own work! Bridgette is an architect while Beth is a sculptor. Both desire to be celebrities in the art community. Bridgette owns the studio while Beth is more of a guest artist. It's not much yet, but it only gets better from here!

I must say, this thread is very inspirational! In fact, it inspired me to make this business!

ll - All your business look great! That's an awesome hair salon, much better than the one that came with Ambitions. The racing circuit looks good too.
babolat - Love the hair salon and consignment store!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 4:52 AM
Bakery/Café

I really like those counters, they are the only ones that properly look like shop counters, I just wish they wouldn't be so buggy. The bugginess is that they change colour when they are linked. Even if you colour them yourself, the new colour won't stick after they get linked.

Bank
This is still a work in progress, but I thought to post pictures anyway. Because I have no idea how I want to change it, so waiting for it to be done, might be a long wait.

Main hall

Downstairs, vault area.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 7:48 PM
Double posting, evil, I know. But I can't really modify the above post, because then I'll end up with more than 4 pics/post and that's evil as well, so bare with me

Cassandra Goth's clothing store, Red Rose (the name will most likely change after I come up with something better).

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 9:01 PM

Media Center
(in the Media Tower - F1 Circuit)

Wilde Legacy

Field Researcher
#34 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 2:51 AM
Wow, that looks amazing!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 4:21 PM

F1 Team Garages
(White & Blue Teams)

Wilde Legacy

Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 7:38 PM
OMG... I sooo want Joana's Beauty Salon and that Media Center so bad! lol! I doubt it would work with base game, though.

ENTJ
Mad Poster
#37 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 3:57 AM
ll: How do you play the formula lot? or is it just a photo-shoot lot?
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 11:59 AM
Default Great
great
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 7:46 PM Last edited by ll : 10th Oct 2010 at 8:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
ll: How do you play the formula lot? or is it just a photo-shoot lot?

So far I have several lots (pic): 4 are garages, 1 is the media tower+grandstands, 1 is just grandstands. 3 of the garages lots are currently empty. The 4th lot has 4 team garages (white, blue, yellow, red). Here's a close-up of the lots.

I've placed two Stadium rabbithole rugs and had two rival sims buy out the properties, renaming them F1 White Team and F1 Red Team and created a few teammate sims for each team. Then I used twallan's register mod to assign a few teammate sims to each garage (I've made the registers invisible [pic 1, pic 2] so they don't look out of place). And finally I made each sim get a Professional Sports job in their team rabbithole (the two owners are the bosses).

So now at 7am the register pulls each sim into his assigned spot in the garage, then from 3pm to 8pm they go into the rabbithole (that's how they get paid). From 8pm until midnight they resume their place at the register, then go home.

In the Media Center I placed a Business and Journalism rabbithole rug, then created a few sims and had them apply for a job as journalists. They all have the Computer Whiz trait so they usually hang around the media center (plenty of computers there) after they exit the rabbit hole. You can see the rabbithole rug here (it doesn't blend well).

The business part of these two lots is more or less set up and I'm planning to build a sports bar/cafe in the grandstands lot.

I hope that made sense...

Edit to add: Just in case anyone is wondering, the Salon has a Day Spa rabbithole rug.

Wilde Legacy

Theorist
#40 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 4:09 PM
Saskan Port Train Station:

Exterior:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Basically, the story behind it is that there was once a thriving railway line that went through the mountains of the Saskan Harbour neighborhood I downloaded and to the mainland. Now it is no longer used, but the first station and a small part of the line were left for historical purposes. The main attraction is the bar. Since there's no way to place sidewalks in-game I had to improvise by placing trees to make an improvised sort of path to the building. I may transplant the station onto a bigger lot as the bar is a bit crammed, but I'm okay with it for now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 5:07 PM

Zhan Su's Apothecary in Chinatown

Wilde Legacy

Forum Resident
#42 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 2:15 PM
I thought this thread was so cool. Why has it died? We need more businesses!

Rivermont Eatery
A little cafe on the outskirts of midtown Riverview

Outside Main building with the restrooms to the left

Garden Fountain

Inside the main building
Test Subject
#43 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:20 AM
A few from my city...

The building on the left is Toane's Gym. The Building on the right is 'Pimp My Cubicle!' (An office supply store, just a fake storefront). Pimp My Cubicle!'s building was constructed in 1893 as the original home of Arkham State Bank. Toane's Gym's building was built in 1902 as a general store and was renovated extensively in the early 1960s...

The Empire City train station, closed after the mines south of town were shut down and part of the railroad's right-of-way was vacated for redevelopment several decades ago.

The Empire Municipal Library. Built in 1957, renovated about two years ago.

The Blaine Building. When completed in 1919, it was the 3rd tallest building in town (After city hall and the Old Church) and had the most floors. The first floor houses Hunsucker's, the local department store...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 10:21 PM

Boutique

Wilde Legacy

Field Researcher
#45 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 11:39 PM
Spinin' Burgers Bistro (specializes in burgers, obvioiusly)

Theorist
#46 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 6:00 PM
The Formula One lots! I love that!
I thought of doing something similar but my two hoods just weren't built with that in mind, however I remain optimistic I can do this one day.
Is that Monza?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
The Formula One lots! I love that!
I thought of doing something similar but my two hoods just weren't built with that in mind, however I remain optimistic I can do this one day.
Is that Monza?

LOL, I had to do something to justify buying Fast Lane.
It's not Monza, I tried to reproduce (somewhat) the Estoril Circuit. Here's a new screenshot.

PRFM Radio Station

On Air Room

Production Room

Reception/Lobby

Wilde Legacy

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 8:57 PM
As I was redecorating one of the worlds I've downloaded recently, I came up with an idea to create an Indian-themed lounge called "Indian Dream" that I'm really proud of. Hope you like it!

Field Researcher
#49 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:08 PM
So cool and original lots! Especially yours, ll.
Now, here is my boutique:

the building where boutique is situated (it occupies only the 1st floor)

Interior shots:

Forum Resident
#50 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:28 PM
captain: I LOVE your train station! What a unique idea!
II: Nice! I love how open and bright it is. It's also well stocked without being cluttery.
Jmac: Those buildings are all gorgeous! I want you to come and build in my game! I'm in love with them all! The building fronts are so interesting and I especially love that train station.
Veronica: That's a lovely bistro. It's so sunny and European.
Sommar: Amazing! I love the exterior, and the wall color inside is perfect.

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.

Page 2 of 4