Replies: 144 (Who?), Viewed: 38054 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 3 of 6
Mad Poster
#51 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 9:18 PM
My parents are seriously trippin' I want to go to this academy in Boston for my Senior year (two years from now) but they refuse to let me go. I don't understand, my eldest two sisters went their for their senior year. They won't let me do anything...

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#52 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 7:13 PM
I hate lazy administrators... I sent the assistant principal and one of the guidance counselors e-mail with a few questions for my newspaper story, and despite being perfectly capable of answering them, both referred me to someone else. Is it so inconceivable that I have deadlines to meet (which I divulged in the original e-mails) and can't be chasing people around for days?

Do I dare disturb the universe?
.
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
#53 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 11:07 PM
I lost the only copy I could get of the textbooks I need for this year, so I'm just sort of making it up as I go along. Mum is going to be so annoyed, but they shouldn't give me (the most forgetful person on the planet who loses absolutely everything) the book list about four weeks before school even ends.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 8:27 PM
To continue with the new developments of my last vent...

I have a story due Thursday, and I e-mailed an administrator (one who I was referred to) with a few interview questions on Saturday asking her to please get back to me by Tuesday to meet deadlines. She just e-mailed me back this morning (after I left for school, so I was freaking out all day) and said that she "had no time" to answer the questions and would prefer to meet with me. When I proposed a time, she responded that she was very busy and wouldn't be able to meet me. Well, how do you want to do it, lady? I need to ask the rest of the newspaper staff if they ever have this experience with administrators, or if it's just some cosmic joke to be my misfortune evvvvery time.

I complain about newspaper too much, I know, and I do in fact love it dearly. I just don't love the people I have to interview .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
.
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 12:19 AM
Ahhh. My English teacher and Government teacher are married to each other - which is weird, but whatever - and they like to assign their huge research papers and projects and things on the same day every time, just because they can.

Mad Poster
#56 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 12:20 AM
That's really weird, Daisie :/.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
.
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 12:23 AM
I know! The whole thing is weird.

Mad Poster
#58 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 4:18 AM
Algebra II exam tomorrow, I hope I do well!

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 5:06 AM
I got-ed a 61% on my Chemistry Mid-Term...
I have Algebra I and World History Mid-Terms tomorrow.
Math is a no-brainer.
History, is where I'm worried.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Mad Poster
#60 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 8:25 PM
I took Algebra II exam and I must admit that test was HARD. I told my teacher to email me with my score and if I failed I'm going to seriously cry. And we get no make up day I think because of the snow day so I'm screwed.

Dude, Pux put the little anger face in the title like the General Discussion Vent Thread...it makes it more ventable :D

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 12:00 AM
*drops down flat on back, feet in air, and wheezes*
TWO GAWDAM EXAMS! TWO! Not two in one day, two in three hours! Oh merciful gawd, two exams in three hours, and then an exam in a class I thought I didn't have an exam in! So THREE exams in one day! And not three BS exams either, AP Biology, Honors Anatomy, and AP World. AUGH!

Although I got my AP Bio and Anatomy results back and I got an 83% and a 100%, so I can't really whine, and the AP World test is going to be curved 43%.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamydre15
Dude, Pux put the little anger face in the title like the General Discussion Vent Thread...it makes it more ventable :D

Lol I had to read that twice :P

Got it dude-man-sniff-doode.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Forum Resident
#63 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:33 PM
One of my lecturers has given us past exams to stody, but without the solutions. Because I'm my class' course rep, I pretty much had to urge him into giving them to us at last... two days before the exams. No one has replied to the questions yet, you see. It may have to do with him not doing a great job at teaching us some know-how and methods.
And now I'm reading those exam papers and the solutions again... and some mention coefficients and stuff that I never remembered ever learning. And I shouldn't hope to find them in the course material/hand-out. That thing has no contents table, page numbers or index, there's no way to find what you really need in there.

Right now, to be honest, I feel like screaming "F*CK THAT" and hurling that handout, then myself at my lecturer. I'll probably fail really hard tomorrow. It's worrying me to no end, especially since it's an Erasmus year, so my only option is to succeed (no retaking the year, and I'd fail the French year at the same time. Besides, I've had enough of studies)
Mad Poster
#64 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 6:05 PM
oh my fucking god I can't believe I failed my Theater Arts I exam, seriously of all classes. I could cry right now, but luckily I had a high grade in the class so it brought it down to a C. I aced all of my other Exams/EOC's with A's and B's. That is sosososo not fair...My friends are never going to stop nagging me about this, because they had a study session together and I didn't go, and their exact words were "Izzy you are so going to fail that exam"...I failed miserably. How much does taxi drivers earn? Looks like that's where my life is headed...

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Forum Resident
#65 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 6:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamydre15
oh my fucking god I can't believe I failed my Theater Arts I exam, seriously of all classes. I could cry right now, but luckily I had a high grade in the class so it brought it down to a C. I aced all of my other Exams/EOC's with A's and B's. That is sosososo not fair...My friends are never going to stop nagging me about this, because they had a study session together and I didn't go, and their exact words were "Izzy you are so going to fail that exam"...I failed miserably. How much does taxi drivers earn? Looks like that's where my life is headed...
Come on, you say you aced all your other exams. Your average will be high enough for you to pass, I'm sure.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 6:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_French_Sim
Come on, you say you aced all your other exams. Your average will be high enough for you to pass, I'm sure.

Thanks, I might have to hang myself with a used g-string though...

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#67 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:29 AM
The_French_Sim - random Q (you don't have to answer if you feel it is too personal to share online), buuut, are you at Portsmouth uni?

Eeeeek I have two exams next week, one is open-book = all good. The other is one I know nothing about which I was going to revise for today but then I had the pleasure of my flat being broken into which is most annoying as it is, but it also meant I had no time to revise because I was dealing with police and SOCOs and my neighbours whose flats were also broken in to. Drama.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamydre15
Thanks, I might have to hang myself with a used g-string though...
Noooo you can't do that!


... at least make sure you use new, lacy knickers j/k of course, I'm sure all will be well Mark my words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_flel
The_French_Sim - random Q (you don't have to answer if you feel it is too personal to share online), buuut, are you at Portsmouth uni?
Aye.

Also, the department's forum had people complaining about that exam we had on Monday too. That, and three people basically going "lol, we won't phail because we revised well, unlike you lololol".
Mad Poster
#69 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_French_Sim
Aye.

We're at the same uni then how weird
Mad Poster
#70 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 7:56 PM
For the school paper, I was assigned to write a fairly generalized editorial about the election of Barack Obama. I wrote something and was unhappy with it at first, but it grew on me and I sent it in. The editor-in-chief came to me today and said that the piece was "too well written" and said that it's too wordy for a high school paper. She wants me to "dumb it down." The section editor told me it was a brilliant piece and that she wouldn't change a thing- high praise coming from someone who doesn't like Barack Obama.

Somehow, I don't think this is right. I suppose I can understand that not all high school students think on the plane of long adjectives and complicated wording that I do, but why should I have to change a good piece so that the average dumbass at my school can better understand it? Opinion writing is writing to express your opinion, not reflect it in kidgloved terms for the slackers to understand. The opinion page is the least popular section of the paper, anyway, and it's typically only read by intellectuals who would understand it. Here's the piece- do you think that this is as wrong as I do? Should I tell the publications advisor? I can't disobey a direct order from the editor and I don't want to undermine her, but I don't think this is right.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
.
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Forum Resident
#71 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 10:29 PM
I think the article shouldn't be dumbed down. I mean, reading's supposed to improve your vocabulary in the first place, isn't it? If we dumb everything down, how are people going to learn new things?
#72 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 11:05 PM
My maths teacher refused to help me in class today because "I'm making progress" as she calls it.. and I got a D. Last year I had a B. Progress, yeah.
Forum Resident
#73 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 2:39 AM
I have an exam at 11 tomorrow. It's almost 3, and I can't sleep because I'm worrying about various topics... and the frustration is making me less likely to be calm enough to sleep. Hurray!
Mad Poster
#74 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 3:07 PM
I really do think that Post-Modernism makes no sense :weep: I just wish I could fast-forward to Tuesday when this exam would be done
Mad Poster
#75 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 6:50 AM
$600 have been flushed down the toilet.

Absolutely NO schools here wear whatever to school. Everyone has to have a uniform, and it is roughly $300 each year for uniforms alone. I only got a knit jumper and a sports uniform and it was $150. My brother needs a uniform because he starts high school this year.

This is a PUBLIC School, by the way. Bloody cheapskates.

To top it all off, and this may sound stupid, but I have been incredibly depressed for 3 months.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
 
Page 3 of 6
Back to top