Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:13 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 3rd Aug 2009 at 11:54 AM.
Default Rules and Guidelines for Social Groups
What these groups are for:

Social Groups are a place for you to create groups and to discuss with other like minded members topics that may not fit in with the general forum structure. It's intended to be a much more relaxed, laid-back area of the site where you can get a bit chatty and get to know each other, even if there's not a specific MTS forum for what you want to talk about.

Completely empty or stupid/redundant social groups may be periodically removed. Don't worry about your group being removed as long as it has members other than you, and some posts, and doesn't make us facepalm at its very concept.

What these groups are NOT for:

The groups here each have a purpose, and each group has threads on a specific topic. You can always create a new group or new thread if you want to talk about something different than the thread/group you're on.

These groups are not meant to replace an MSN chat or IRC channel, or other IMing/email/PM/etc... If things are getting spammy back and forth with two or three people talking directly to each other, please take it privately. We really don't want to see pages upon pages of people posting in rapid fire succession - yes, it's meant to be casual and chatty, but it's not also not meant to be a chat room.

Some basic rules:

We don't want to have to clamp down on social groups - we'd prefer to not have to moderate them at all except for the occasional stepping in when things turn into a flamewar or whatnot. So please try to keep the following in mind:

• Please follow all site rules - you can find them under the Site dropdown. Rules about flaming, harassment, spam, warez talk, etc., all still apply here.
  • Respect the other members of the group you are posting on.
  • Take it to IRC or MSN or Yahoo or whatever instant communication if things are getting too chatty/spammy.
  • Pay attention and listen when staff tell you to do or not do something.

We hope you enjoy this area of the site and have fun with it!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 10:14 AM Last edited by Kiara24 : 1st Aug 2009 at 12:15 PM.
Sorry to have spoiled some threads was not my intention, I take more care.
I tried to read all the rules of this site and tried to follow them, I think this thread was important because it enough to clear it serves social groups.
I know that there is a chatroom here, but when I go there, there is not anyone I know.
Please appreciate that you warn me when you think necessary!
Sorry again!
However I think strange that these rules only have been made now... I hope not for the reasons that I'm thinking, this would be a disappointment...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM
I'm sorry Delphy...I just naturally go off topic... Sorry I messed up MTS for many people. *hangs head*

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 12:14 AM
Complaining was definitely not my intention. I was just saying that its everyone's fault including J.M. Pescado who seems to get off the hook by the mods a lot on this forum.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 11:30 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 3rd Aug 2009 at 11:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
Complaining was definitely not my intention. I was just saying that its everyone's fault including J.M. Pescado who seems to get off the hook by the mods a lot on this forum.

Pescado's been spoken to and told to knock it off. :P

Additionally, I edited the first post a little bit as I think I have more hugs and puppies in my wording than Delphy does - came off as a bit harsh when it was more intended as a "Hey, guys, can you like, knock it off? It's getting real spammy in here, kthx."

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 12:30 PM
So I'm going to drop in a for a sec...yes, I realize i am a major problem here...lol, I've known for a while, and I noticed when this came out that it seemed oddly, um, directed, at nintendorks. I realized that we were probably becoming a problem when I went to the main social groups thread listing and the first 2 pages were all us yammering on.

Anyway, I appreciate the warning (as opposed to just being banned like that) and though I realize it wasn't TOTALLY us, I knew we were a main part of the problem, and we've set up a separate site to spam on. Nevertheless, on-topic threads will still go on here, but those are allowed. :D

PS: also, on a related note, I really do appreciate you talking to pescado, he was a bit...um, well, annoying. :lol;

And that's all I've got.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Theorist
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 5:53 PM
I am here again because all this has affected me deeply, I can not stop thinking that this all started because I could not remain silent before the messages of Pescado, I know should have ignored, but is to late now... so I apologize to all members of Social groups...
I am not against the rules on the contrary I think the rules are important so that everything works well, just how everything happened created a malaise among all and is also why I am writing this message.
I hope you forgive me and not let it affect the proper environment that exists before.
Theorist
#8 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:42 AM
These rules are fair, simple and very handy. Thank you for making them. I hated all of the "offtopicness" in Nintendorks. Some 'distant' chat is fine, but I hate going through like 2 pages of two people chatting. Once again, thank you. May order and some peace be fulfilled.

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GuardStud08
These rules are fair, simple and very handy. Thank you for making them. I hated all of the "offtopicness" in Nintendorks. Some 'distant' chat is fine, but I hate going through like 2 pages of two people chatting. Once again, thank you. May order and some peace be fulfilled.

Agreed. It was quite annoying.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:13 PM
Delphy, are you closing all "spamming" threads throughout every social group or did you just pick out ours? Because I don't think its fair seeing that their are several other groups who have threads that fall under spamming as well. But "You Are Banned" was not intended to be a spam thread, but a game.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:56 PM
Just yours Dreamydre. None of the others had over 3000 posts, after all.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Just yours Dreamydre. None of the others had over 3000 posts, after all.

ahh, I see. (:

Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:53 PM
I have trouble using Nraas careers
Quote: Originally posted by GuardStud08

Hey ,

I am sorry to post here but have been searching at other posts in this and they are ll closed.

I have Nraas careers and updated sims 3 to patch 1.12 and no additions.

the careers stoped working. I downloaded the new files from Nraas site and still wont work.. Someone in another thread informed to edit resource.cfg and i am not sure how to... i have the following instances on resource .cfg

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:10 AM
Shouldn't you be in the help section, dear?

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 8:10 PM
I agree to all the rules thanks
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 5:45 AM
How do I start a group?

I allied with the GROX
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 1:59 PM
pwn: Go to Social Groups Home. (From the Community menu)

Mad Poster
#18 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 11:45 PM Last edited by Dreamydre : 25th Apr 2011 at 4:01 AM.
Hey Delphy,

I'm having issues uploading a new avatar for the social group "Da Girls Club", I try to change it but nothing shows up :-/

Edit: Seems to have fixed itself!

Scholar
#19 Old 3rd May 2011 at 4:49 AM
Delphy,
Two or three years ago, I started a group called "Impatient Contestants" during a contest that was getting tons of useless twitter in its thread for everyone to take their chitchat to. It's been over two years since this thread has been used, can you delete it? I was going to get rid of it but have long since forgotten how to even manage it -- can't find the magic button to do it either.

Thanks so much.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#20 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 2:06 AM
Done.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 9:42 PM Last edited by simsteph : 2nd Oct 2011 at 7:30 AM.
how do you delete groups?
and how do you leave them?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 6:02 AM
Speaking of deleting groups, may I please have my group "Go Green!" deleted? It's not used anymore and it's just taking up space on the page. Much appreciated
Mad Poster
#23 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 3:51 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 5th Nov 2011 at 4:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsteph
how do you delete groups?
and how do you leave them?

Eureka! I *think* I have it! At the top of the page, find the field/button called "Community". From the drop-down menu, choose "Social Groups Home", from the page that opens up, see the social groups listed that you belong to. On the left and at the bottom of each group is a field/button with the option to "leave" the group. Click and follow instructions.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Eureka! I *think* I have it! At the top of the page, find the field/button called "Community". From the drop-down menu, choose "Social Groups Home", from the page that opens up, see the social groups listed that you belong to. On the left and at the bottom of each group is a field/button with the option to "leave" the group. Click and follow instructions.

Tried it. But you can't leave groups you own. It only says "edit group" with no option of deleting the group. I would request a moderator to delete it, at least that's what I am going to do.

Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
Tried it. But you can't leave groups you own. It only says "edit group" with no option of deleting the group. I would request a moderator to delete it, at least that's what I am going to do.

You can leave groups you own, i think. If you click on members, you are listed on it and there is an option to leave the group.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V

Page 1 of 2