Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
Welcome to the group, sleepyrose!

Lana, I've been brainstorming for a while and have come up with a story for the sea. Let's say that around the time the plague was spreading, two young lovers named Beau and Wrenna were planning on running away together. Everything around them made them realize that life was too short and they just had to seize the moment so they decided to meet up at the beach on the night of the execution. I know you said not to make it related to Lilith but they haven't even met her in person so technically it's still about them.

Sadly, Wrenna's older sister finds out about their plan and thwarts it by keeping her locked in until dawn. Wrenna, of course, couldn't wait that long (because there were no cell phones back then) and Beau would be waiting for her at the beach.

Determined to get her way, Wrenna sneaks out in the middle of the night and runs as fast as she can towards the beach. The minute she gets there, she sees the moonlight gleaming on the dark water and finds her beloved laying still on the sandy ground. They were both infected and she knew that death was coming for him so she lay next to him, held his hand and fell into eternal slumber.

Nope, sorry if Lilith's even only mentioned I don't want it!!! (just kidding ).

I don't consider myself romantic but I still made a "ohhh" reading your story. Nice story! What about the Hydrophobia? Do you want to make all the descendants of the family have it? Of the mean sister? I thought about how we're going to do it and I found myself imagining that they developed the hydrophobic trait because since that (or another one if you don't want the ghosts to be mean) a lot of people of this family randomly died without apparent reasons (suicide in the sea, drowning, sea crash etc) and they felt cursed so they decided to stay away from the water.
Advertisement
#27 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst
Nope, sorry if Lilith's even only mentioned I don't want it!!! (just kidding ).

I don't consider myself romantic but I still made a "ohhh" reading your story. Nice story! What about the Hydrophobia? Do you want to make all the descendants of the family have it? Of the mean sister? I thought about how we're going to do it and I found myself imagining that they developed the hydrophobic trait because since that (or another one if you don't want the ghosts to be mean) a lot of people of this family randomly died without apparent reasons (suicide in the sea, drowning, sea crash etc) and they felt cursed so they decided to stay away from the water.

LOL....I actually took your first sentence seriously for a minute there.

And thanks, I'm glad you like it. I'm not sure if we should make all descendants of that family hydrophobic because, like you said, it would seem odd especially for a fish town. But then again, we could make the Hydrophobic trait exlusive to just this family and let players figure out which sims come from Wrenna's line. The curse sounds really interesting and I wouldn't mind if we made the ghosts mean. They could be the ones luring people into the water and scaring them away.

By the way, would the town be set in the 21st Century?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:57 PM
For the time-line, i must admit I originally thought the 19th century would fit great with our theme but it would requires a lot more, and by that i mean clothes or special cc to make it realistic. So for now, i assume it's more of a 21th century theme (hence the computers).
#29 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:00 PM
I agree, the 19th Century would take more work and require mods to make certain things possible. Should we start working on present day stories as well?
Forum Resident
#30 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:13 PM
Thank you very much for your welcome, lanawinst & CharmingFirewaller!

When I build something, it's usually a no frills type of lot. But I figured you might be able to use that, since there will also be locals that live in average houses, or small farms, etc.

What I can do, is make an example house to see if that looks like anything you guys have in mind. From what I'm reading the world looks a bit like Champs Les Sims, but more gothic and secluded, am I right?
Would you like the style to look more mediterranean, where different stone types and colors can be used for one house?

I also have a question about cc and store items. What do you guys think about that?

As far as the story goes, I really like it! I just have one thought, wouldn't it be nice if Lillith could be more connected to the sea?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:34 PM
Hey, sleepyrose!

Sorry I've not responded to any new posts, I had school. (dammit!) but I'm back now and I can further discuss our topic.

Oh yeah, that fish hatchery is on the right side of the river delta in riverview (if your facing the delta) it's secluded from the town center
#32 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 10:31 PM
I think you might be right about that, Sleepyrose. I'm not sure we've agreed on a theme yet, though. So far Lana's made two lovely buildings that I think would be great for this project but we've yet to hear from the others so I don't know for sure. The only thing that's certain at the moment is that it's going to be a fishing community.

Speaking for myself, I don't use CC or store items and will be building with just base game content for now. I'm glad you like our little background story. You'd have to ask Lana about Lilith and the sea, though, cause she specifically asked that they not be linked...lol. I don't mind either way, I'm just really happy to be a part of all this.

Thanks for the fish hatchery info, Beaver. I'm gonna go look for it next time I load Riverview.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 10:56 PM
Oh wow, lots of posts when I came home. So how about the baby Lillith had was with the lover she found? And since you need nine months for a baby, perhaps the disease is a dormant one. And the longer it stays dormant the worse it gets? Then the disease wakes up two weeks before she gives birth. This would make Lilith and Husband couple probable.

Oh yes, does anyone have a picture of a Lillith I can reference to? That would help loads (= I don't think I would be working on the descendant until I figure out how the husband looked. Also how long ago would Lillith's arrival be? I don't think our world has to line up with modern day times, and our 60's 50's 70's etc. So it would be sort of secluded from major technologies for a long time, but has just been introduced recently? So some people would have technophobe trait. I would like that, because I have never used the technophobe trait before XD

And I would suspect that we shouldn't use ANY store content, not even the free stuff. And would this require Riverview and WA?

Do you think we could have a separate threads for sim building, and house building? Cause I feel everything is so jumbled up at the moment @-@

Oh, and hi sleepyrose (= And sorry if it's confusing, difficult putting ideas together.
#34 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 11:21 PM
Welcome back, Littl0_Lia. I'm cool with Lilith having the baby with her other lover. It's great that you've worked out how the disease spreads, but does she give birth before or after she arrives?

I'll try to find you a picture. I'm not sure what her ethnic background should be, though. If she's not European then we've got to come up with something else. And technophobes in the game are scary--they break your TVs, steroes and laptops!

I personally would rather not use CC either but I wouldn't mind Riverview.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 11:27 PM
I thought of you and already did a separate thread for building and sim. You can elaborate your sims projects there.

CharmingFirewaller, of course you can start working on the present day stories but since our theme is still not decided, it's up to you to decide if you want to.

Sleepyrose, don't build something specifically for me. I'll tell you what we should build as soon as we have a common agreement with the theme. But if you have buildings already built that you'd like to show, go ahead
The fishtown would be indeed more secluded and really colorful(mediterranean) with the houses tied together.
For the players convenience, my policy would be to avoid store items and restrict from cc content (except the free ones) as much as possible.

Lilith can't be connected to the sea because... well... she doesn't wanted you to know but she suffers from a severe allergy whenever she is too close from it, she become red etc... poor thing :p
Alright, the main reason is that everybody is somewhat connected to the sea already (by their work, their living etc) and I just thought the sea thing could be solid enough to stand on its own and didn't need to be attached to lilith story. And that gives twice the stories!

litt0_lia, it could be also a long-term illness that took some time to spread in the town, as you'd like. Sorry I don't have a lilith picture but deviantart or google sure does. And I'm guessing the technophobe trait could be especially for the elder of the town. Not everyone but some special characters could have it.

As said before, I'm going to use stuff from WA and Riverview and even the free store stuff because as long as people can have it for free or it's in a base game well, there's already so few content that we kind of have to use it if we want our buildings not to be too ugly or all the same.
#36 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 11:55 PM
Okay, I Googled for a picture of Lilith but I didn't really know what I was looking for so when I entered 'Lilith" I got a Wikipedia image of the night demon/first wife/screeching owl herself in all her glory, wrapped around a snake. Probably not what you're looking for...lol.

Is there a particular 'type' that I should be looking for?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:00 AM
Oops... That's what I dislike with google... great tool but you never know what you'll find

Since I have a more precise idea, I'll see what I can find.
#38 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:03 AM
lol...okay, happy Googling!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:17 AM
I've got an almost perfect lilith (I know... I'm that good ). Pfiuu, that was quite a search, I'm nearly blind now. Atn least I've learned something: don't EVER let your kids search biblical stuff on the net...

She is supposed to have a dark skin (oriental like) but the rest is ok with the myth (red hair, dark eyes, haughty face). Is everyone ok with that picture? It's just a guidance we don't have to make the exact portrait.
#40 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:26 AM
Yeah, I think she'd make a good Lilith, although you'd have to check with Littl0_Lia since she's creating the sim. And yes, you get a lot of nude images when searching for Biblical ones online...lol. I was expecting at least a few leaves to cover up their bits.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 2:14 AM
Ok loving the idea here and i have also been working on a Lilith since i been here and i also made the guy who falls in love with her (Don't know his name yet Maybe James Or Justin)

Lilith

Guy

I think his nose is rather big but can fix that

EDIT: just saw the post with the pic i will try to make it as best as i can but what do you think of the one i posted?

@Littl0_Lia: I love your sim she is so Cute nice soft eyes you just can't help but fall in love with that

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 2:27 AM
SimGirlTasia232, they're both really pretty! I especially like the boy. I'm afraid they might not however be lilith and her lover. Since it was Littl0_Lia idea and that she's also a sim creator, I think she's going to want to make them herself. So unless she says otherwise she is in charge of the Lilith family

But that doesn't mean we won't use your sims at all. You should post them to the Inhabitants work thread so that we could discuss about them there.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 2:46 AM
Thanks lanawinst i have no prob in that but posting in there in next on my list but we can defiantly use them for other reasons

You can call me Tasia
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 3:02 AM
Ok, I'm back (= Tasia, you're sims looked great but I thought of Lillith having long exotic hair rather then short. And then her lover to be very european like how my first sim was By any chance, do you have non-default skintones we could really utilize that if it's not a problem with Lana. Anyways, just posting this here for now, then going to the sim area!

Edit: Charming, Lillith would give birth after the disease spreads. This would fit in with how the towns people found out she was the one who spread the disease. And the way the disease spreads, will allow other sim people besides the inhabitants to move in. The only way the disease can come back if there were another Lillith to give birth again ;P Anyways I'm just going to start making a family tree so things don't get confused.

You know what would be really cool, a mod to replace signs when protesting. But instead, have pitchforks. XD Would look great in pictures.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 3:20 AM
litt0_lia: yea i figured that's how she was going to look i made that Sim long time ago just had no use for her until now... But i only have the Peggy skins and face templates from GOS so no to the defaults. is that bad?

You can call me Tasia
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 3:59 AM
No not really, my default skintone is Aikea's but I have kanno's, papercat's, and peggys non default skintones from GOS. I hope we can use non-default skintones, waiting for Lana D;
#47 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 10:14 AM
Your sims are lovely, SimGirlTasia. I think they'd make great residents too.

And that's a pretty idea, Littl0_Lia. I like that there's a chance for the disease to sort of come back when another Lilith gives birth. Perhaps we could make one of her descendants pregnant? Or maybe warn players that something bad could happen if she ever did? It could be a prophecy in her biography or written on Lilith's gravestone instead of "rest in peace".

And LOL...pitchforks!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#48 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:38 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 23rd Feb 2010 at 1:33 PM.
litt0_lia, for the non-default skin, that's a good question. I'll talk about it in the sims thread. For the disease now, usually when something bad happen in that type of little community it's always the stranger/newcomer fault guilty or not. BTW I will need you to read and comment the organization thread. We need to have everybody point of view/agreement on some organizational stuff.

I really like the pitchfork idea Is there already some fish-related ones?

We have to talk now about how much fantasy we want in our world since you seems to want a magical disease. I admit I'm more for being ambiguous. Having a really realistic world with some hidden fantastic elements (like ghosts), having something happen (like the hydrophobic story) but letting the player make his own mind about it? Curse? or irrational fear?
#49 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 9:34 PM
I also would like to keep certain aspects of the town's history ambiguous so the players can try to figure out for themselves what really happened. We'll drop hints here and there (gravestones with strange messages, paintings in people's homes and museums, Lilith's execution site, etc). So I guess it could mostly be realistic but with supernatural elements such as the mysterious disease and what may or may not be the curse.

Also, we don't have a name for it yet. Should we worry about that later?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#50 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 10:24 PM
Charming, that's exactly what I meant, I'm glad we agreed. As for the name, we don't need to have one right now, I was kind of thinking that one would come up naturally when we'll have our town more constructed. But if you want one now, go ahead.

Page 2 of 8