Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 10:30 PM
Yeah, I suppose it would be alright to wait a while. So far the only names I've got are Misty Shores and Eden. But we can come up with more as we go.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 12:02 AM
Ive got a name, how about Rockport Village? And what texture should we make the roads?

Good music is like a candy bar; All you have to do is throw out the rappers.
#53 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 12:02 AM
I like the name, Beaver. I'm not sure what texture Lana would want but just a wild guess...probably dirt or cobblestone?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#54 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 12:08 AM
I would have seen a more spanish/italian sounding village since we're doing a Mediterranean theme but that's just me Why not proposing names and at the end we'll vote for our favorite and the one who is the most popular wins?

Excellent question Beaver, since it's a CAW question let's discuss about it in the thread. I'm heading there.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 3:28 PM
Lana, I agree with you. If the town is going to be Mediterranean, then it might be better if we come up with names that sound spanish/italian.
Babelfish can be a fun translater for people like myself, who don't speak those languages.
#56 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 3:31 PM
Good point, Sleepyrose. Is Babelfish a website?
Forum Resident
#57 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:20 PM
CharmedFirewaller, here's the link to babelfish:
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
#58 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
CharmedFirewaller, here's the link to babelfish:
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Thanks, I typed in 'Misty Shore' just for fun and got 'Orilla Brumosa'. For some reason it's making me think of food...lol
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#59 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:28 PM
That's going to be a useful tool, thanks! Maybe we should give spanish/italian names to our sims too, don't you think?

It makes me think of a zoo... don't know why either...
#60 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:29 PM
Yeah, like Bella or something. Except that's taken!

And LOL I've figured it out:

Orilla rhymes with gorilla and makes you think of a zoo.

Brumosa reminds me of Ambrosia.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:30 PM
I'm sure, there's a website with that kind of names to choose in.
#62 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:31 PM
There are name meanings on www.thinkbabynames.com
Forum Resident
#63 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 5:00 PM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 5:27 PM
Nice! We'll need the last names too but that's already gonna be really helpful.

Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
Yeah, like Bella or something. Except that's taken!

And LOL I've figured it out:

Orilla rhymes with gorilla and makes you think of a zoo.

Brumosa reminds me of Ambrosia.

You're so right :P
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 6:14 AM
If we ever had a waterfall in this world, which would be pretty sweet, we could always name it something like... Luminoso Falls, Chiaro(clear in italian) Falls.

Or perhaps, Mistero(Mystery) Isle sounds better in italian xP kind of cheesy. Or we could use the word assonnato(sleepy) with a word like Falls, Isle, Shore, Valley, etc...
#66 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 1:19 PM
A waterfall sounds like a good idea, Littl0_Lia. I personally prefer the name Luminoso Falls to Chiaro Falls. I also think adding "sleepy" to the name, but is there another word for it that we could use being assonato? Like maybe hazy in Italian or Spanish.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#67 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 5:40 PM
+1 for the waterfall, but it'll depend of the CAW artist.

Why falls or isle? Let's go all the way and give it a real spanish/italian name.
#68 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 6:02 PM
How about Isla De Mistero?
Wiki Wizard
#69 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 8:26 PM
How about something like "Montessori Creek"?

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 8:36 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 26th Feb 2010 at 4:52 PM.
Chiaro and montessori have a lovely sounding, don't know about the last part though...

Edit: I've added a to-do list on the 1st thread. Tell me if something was forgotten and be sure to check it out!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#71 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 1:12 AM
Here's my idea for Antonio:
Since he's over-emotional I kind of imagined a sad story behind it. He could have lost all his wife and son in a dramatic accident (we'd have to put the ghosts in the cemetery). Now all he has left is his grand-son or grand-daughter but he don't get to see her/him a lot because he had a quarrel with his daughter-in-law. He now lives alone in some sort of fishing shack. Maybe that's too dramatic, that's your choice .
Field Researcher
#72 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 2:48 AM
Lana: I love that story that is great i love how he doesn't get to see his grandchild because of a fight he had with her mother that's great and so realistic it will give a little more drama to the town

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
#73 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 3:02 AM
I agree, it makes a very interesting story, Lana. It would also be a challenge for players if they ever choose to make Antonio and his granchild reconcile.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 3:34 PM
Yea that would be a challenge if they want to go that way but i have a question would the ghost of his wife and children be included when i package them or will they just be in his bio?

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#75 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 5:53 PM
Glad you like it Poor Antonio! I'm always mean to my characters, I guess I just made another victim

The ghosts will all be included in the cemetery lot as tombstones, so I'd need to you to keep them until someone make the cemetery and then we'll put them in.

Page 3 of 8