Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 4:01 AM
Great! I can't wait to see it!

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 10:40 PM
My version of Gamma:

Slideshow pictures are smaller than those in the album, but can be paused by hovering over bottom right and clicking the box when it appears.

Larger pictures in the album can be viewed in sequence by simply clicking the next icon in the top right.

Instead of decorating in the traditional blue of a beach house, I used the colors of the stain glass cupboards in the kitchen - green, yellow, and reddish orange on a creme background.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 12:43 AM
Ciane - the colors really work well together! I love the exterior and the sheer roominess inside! Also like how you utilized the back bits without letting them take things over! Great house!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 1:33 AM
Wow, I loved how you made everything seem to flow together in such an odd foundation. You did a great job, I love it. And I love what you did with the foundations at the back.

Inventor
#30 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 1:27 PM
I must say so far I've loved everything I've seen you build Ciane and you always come up with interesting floor plans. Something I myself have been trying to work on lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Forum Resident
#31 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 2:01 PM
Thanks for the nice comments. I tend to draw out a floor plan on paper first, generally making the parts that stick out most into a porch or patio. Yet, when I actually start putting up the walls, I'll get a different idea about something that works out even better. For instance, originally on this one, I had a small bath between the kitchen and living room and seperate main rooms. The idea to move that bath to what I had planned on being outside porch/patio opened up the area for counter dining and an open floor plan that worked out much better for the Sims.

It is great to see how one foundation becomes such unique residences. I do spend too much time decorating these homes though. I was tempted to do an unfurnished house, but then it wouldn't show it with the possibilities I envision (though your possibilities could make it more interesting for you).
Inventor
#32 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 1:23 PM
Nothing really impressive but I did finally build something on it lol Finally figured out how to do clickable thumbnails in photobucket

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 11:19 PM
How pretty. ^_^ It's a little too modern for my tastes, but it's still very nice looking. I loved the little corner entryway with the bench seating: what a nice detail.

Forum Resident
#34 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 12:31 AM
I like the wood and brick and warm tones throughout.
Inventor
#35 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 1:20 PM Last edited by Greenlea : 8th Sep 2010 at 2:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
How pretty. ^_^ It's a little too modern for my tastes, but it's still very nice looking. I loved the little corner entryway with the bench seating: what a nice detail.

Well sorry to hear that but that IS how I tend to build usually. Not to mention the shape of the foundation didn't exactly give me any inspiration for anything more traditional lol

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 7:11 PM
I don't mind modern houses at all, they're just not what I usually go for. That doesn't mean that your house is any less gorgeous in my eyes. I think you did a wonderful job with the foundation.

Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:33 AM
Ughh...
I have to make a new house because the load time for build/buy mode is soooooo long. I was even thinking of uploading the completed house but i dont think users would like to wait over a minute to get into buy/build mode. Im thinking its because of all the plants im using. if i took them out it wouldnt look as cool so i think i should start fresh.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:59 AM
When you build like that it's always wise to limit yourself to the same types of flowers I think. Even if there is many of them then, it does not get that much of a strain to load.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 5:18 AM
Hey, if it's gorgeous, I don't care how long it takes to load. Plus, if it's done well enough, I rarely have to enter build or buy mode.

Field Researcher
#40 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 7:14 AM
Greenlea - absolutely gorgeous - love the colors, layout and snakeskin on the couch - mmmm!
3mo co0ki3s! - I really liked what you posted so far and am with LifesLover on loading times do NOT matter, when I like the look of a download. There have only been one or two downloads that were so prohibitively slow that I never went beyond the initial inspection tour. Never to use again. Most of the downloads are within what I consider normal time range for my borderline machine, but are well worth the time spent waiting. My own builds sometimes take a small eternity to get all the CC and reCAST parts loaded, that I am very tolerant of loadtimes. So, let's see your final product!
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 10:04 PM
Ok i'll finish it i'll just warn the downloaders (if it gets accepted).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 3:25 AM
Warning is a good idea: that way they can get rid of what they want to fix the load times.

Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 1:33 AM
I dont have as much time as i used to on the computer because of school so it might be a while until i get something done on that house

i also want to take a bit of a brake to start another house to upload when i do have time to go on
Inventor
#44 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 5:27 PM
Hey, I followed LifesLover's siggie here. I love this foundation! I already have an idea brewing up in my head for it so I think I'll jump in.

kittens!
Inventor
#45 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 12:50 PM
Awesome can't wait to see it

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 4:59 PM
That's great, wickedblue! I can't wait to see what you do with the foundation.

Inventor
#47 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 6:15 PM Last edited by wickedblue : 3rd Oct 2010 at 6:44 PM.
Well, it worked out absolutely nothing like what I was picturing as I had a moment of temporary insanity and forgot that diagonal pools are not possible in TS3. Damn you, EA. :D

But, I'm slowly getting something that resembles something less than hideous.

Edit: No one else has posted so I'll just add my pictures here.

I have built a modern one bedroom, 2 bathroom house perfect for a single person or couple with no children.

From the street:

Pool/Patio Area:

It was extremely difficult to get a decent photo of that area.

Overhead view of both floors:

Living Room viewed from the entry:

Another angle:

Looking into the dining room from the kitchen:

Master Bedroom:

kittens!
Forum Resident
#48 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 12:10 AM
I like!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 4:28 AM