Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 12:09 PM Last edited by VampireSim : 9th Jun 2012 at 2:14 PM.
I think, the easiest way to create ingame terrain paints is to clone exisiting game terrains with the S3oc Cloner . You create a cloned .package file with this tool, open it with the S3pe Package Editor , remove the existing .dds file and replace it with yours.

But I'm using the TSR Workshop (old dogs seldom learn new tricks )

Edit:

Here is a new thread for terrain paints.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 4:47 PM
Too Hard & My Strangetown texture is Rubbish
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
I think, the easiest way to create ingame terrain paints is to clone exisiting game terrains with the S3oc Cloner . You create a cloned .package file with this tool, open it with the S3pe Package Editor , remove the existing .dds file and replace it with yours.

But I'm using the TSR Workshop (old dogs seldom learn new tricks )

Edit:

Here is a new thread for terrain paints.

ooh no too complex even for me, I cant do anything near scripting, I oly work with basic Custom Content by others and what EAxis gives me to use. Anyway my Strangetown one is a piece of ********************** so DONT use it it is Rubbish. But my Vacation Island one is Ok as long as you dont over-use it.

Just Call me Square!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 4:57 PM
Aren't those too small? O_O

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 5:07 PM
squaretables textures? Yes.
All textures must have the size 1024 x 1024 pixels.
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 4:38 PM Last edited by VampireSim : 13th Jun 2012 at 4:39 PM. Reason: I hate those days without dictionary!
There are now 52 textures available in this thread .
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 5:15 PM
squaretables textures? Yes.
All textures must have the size 1024 x 1024 pixels.

Sorry made them for CAW optimised painting (225x225 or something like that) should I make newer larger (and in the deserts ones case, actually half decent) paints, because I've used the snow one quite well on a Vacation Island (remember sims 1) world I made (search SimsVille Squaretable22 to see it on YouTube) so I'll try my hand at making textures or recolouring old ones.

Just Call me Square!
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 11:46 AM
If you want to make larger textures, then give it a go!
the more textures the better.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 7:03 PM
If you want to make larger textures, then give it a go!
the more textures the better.

k thanks, i've been a bit busy with the new term recently and only being able to do something on the computer 1/3 of days, along with balancing my other CAW project, but I'll see if I can do something in Paintoshop (paint and Photoshop) tonight. This should be fun!

Just Call me Square!
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 12:38 PM
Small Update:

Toxic and concrete textures.

We have 68 textures now.

Page 2 of 2