Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th May 2017 at 5:46 AM
Firstly I must apologise for the long afternoon... unexpected visitors.
Anyhu, here is the update...
The Petersons

And the Collins family...
Only a day from her birthday, Lilly gets to spend an afternoon with her Dad, while her mother is at work.

Lilly as a teenager
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 30th May 2017 at 6:13 AM
I love your pictures. You take really good ones. I also thought that the park was great. Good update.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 7:21 AM
Oh deary deary me. I am not a very happy person at the moment, for I arrived home to find my laptop has been ruined, completely and utterly destroyed. A visitors child somehow got a hold of it and dropped it off the balcony. So I have managed to buy a spanking new lappy (which will be travelling with me to work) and now proceeding to re install everything. Hoping my memory serves me well and I can recreate New Bay. This process may take two to three days, *sigh*. I'll be back.
Instructor
#29 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 7:43 AM
Ooof, that must have been devastating to discover. And I thought my mom smashing my laptop against the floor was the worst thing! Not even the disk drive got saved? I'm not an expert, but someone who knows more could extract the files from there, I guess...
(Children these days... That is the main reason I don't like them )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 8:46 AM
My question was, what and where were it's parents? And what was that child doing in my room when I had closed the door (the kid is 4 btw), and how'd it reach the door handle??? The disk drive was shattered, duct tape couldn't save it if I tried.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilKiwi
My question was, what and where were it's parents? And what was that child doing in my room when I had closed the door (the kid is 4 btw), and how'd it reach the door handle??? The disk drive was shattered, duct tape couldn't save it if I tried.

OMG, I am so sorry to hear that you had this happen. Next time if it is possible make a backup to a DVD or an external HD or flash drive, hon.

Anyway I hope that you can recreate your game more or less, best wishes dear.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 5:20 PM
Kids these days..........

On another note, I am so sorry hun......Hopefully you will be able to re-create the neighborhood, and the families too........
Instructor
#33 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:05 PM
I'm so sorry about your laptop . I would be quite indignant if someone were to destroy mine! Hopefully you're able to recreate your hood. That's quite unfortunate...

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Link Ninja
#34 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 11:03 PM
Darn kidlets! My condolences on your lost hood :/ But at least it is new enough you can re-make it from a fresh memory!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 7:01 AM
Hi everyone, thank you for all your patience. I've managed to install my game, re create my two families to the closest resemblance, (I lost my cc. A copy was awaiting the move to the external drive), rebuilt New Bay and can now start playing, after much tweaking (windows 10, crappy Intel graphics, and just crappy everything), now only have a problem with everything looking rather stretched, but I can live with that I guess (for now).
I used to have a mod that allowed me to set the age of a specific sim but am having difficulty finding it. It would allow me to age the sims to an x amount of days before their birthday / death. So when I have the time I can finally play the households and throw up some pics.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 2:30 PM
Hi everyone, thank you for all your patience. I've managed to install my game, re create my two families to the closest resemblance, (I lost my cc. A copy was awaiting the move to the external drive), rebuilt New Bay and can now start playing, after much tweaking (windows 10, crappy Intel graphics, and just crappy everything), now only have a problem with everything looking rather stretched, but I can live with that I guess (for now).
I used to have a mod that allowed me to set the age of a specific sim but am having difficulty finding it. It would allow me to age the sims to an x amount of days before their birthday / death. So when I have the time I can finally play the households and throw up some pics.

I am not at all familiar with PCs, but I know that Leefish.com where I am also a regular is a good place to find information about your graphics.

For your MOD that allows setting the age of specific sim, you should try going to the WCIF sections of several sims sites, someone will likely know about it.

There are a couple of MODs that set age of a specific sim as well as a lot of other things, Sim Blender is the one I use, also there is The Sim Manipulator. Both of these are objects that among other things will set a sim to a specific age catagory and then a set number of days into that catagory.

I am quite glad that you are going to be able to post on your game again.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 11:16 AM
Finally an update

While Henry was away in college, Eliza returned from the big city to help her mother. Maggie was getting on in life, and Eliza was on a break from her job. Henry was not happy about that arrangement as he no longer trusted his mother, she did abandon him as a child, and had high suspicions about Eliza's motives. He didn't think for one moment his mother was sincerely concerned about Maggie. He would call his grandmother everyday to check on her and see how everything was. Meanwhile the Collins household were absolutely happy about the baby to be. Of course Harvey hopes for a son, while Blair is just happy to have another little one in the home.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:27 PM
YAY..........Welcome back !!
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 3:26 PM
I like Lilly and Henry, are they going to be a romantic couple do you think?

Wonderful to have you back.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 8:31 PM
Well, both Henry and Lilly graduated with honours from college and returned to their homes in New Bay. Lilly went home to meet her brother Liam, and Henry rushed home to his grandmother.

Lilly fell in love with Liam and although she was moving out to her own place, she promised to be there at all times. This was a close family. But Henrys family seemed to be the opposite. Everything had changed while he was away. Maggie was always *away with the fairies*, and his mother Eliza spent more and more time getting some retail therapy. No, Henry was sad and missed his friend Lilly who he also envied, and so he threw himself into his job (Natural science), and found what himself falling for his co worker Amanda. After a whirlwind romance, the two were engaged, and then married.

Mrs Amanda Peterson.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 9:23 PM
I am glad for Lilly, she seems to be doing well. I feel so sorry for Henry. Amanda is pretty though.

Thanks for the update.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 10:24 PM
Well, a fair bit has happened in the neighbourhood since the last update. So onto the recent events.
First up:
Lilly Collins
Having her own space meant Lilly could throw herself into her love of science without the constant bickering over someone hogging the computer. Though lonely at times, she rolled a want to obtain a pet, and because I like her, I allowed her to adopt Bonkers.

Blair and Harvey Collins
Having Liam around brings much joy to the family.

Henry and Amanda Peterson
After the sad and untimely death of beloved Maggie, Henry couldn't stand to be in the home with his mother, so he and new bride Amanda moved out.

Hope you enjoy this round. I'll try to get around to posting more sometime today, though I make no guarantee.
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 11:13 PM
I like cats in RL as well as in the game. In the game, very easy to take care of. Make sure that Bonkers has something to scratch though! Also one of the Feline Birdy Sticks.

Lilly gets abducted. Yay, Well you know I love Aliens.

Liam is doing well it looks like. Toddlers are a lot of work, kids not so much. By any chance do you have a MOD to make them do their homework? Interested in one if you don't?

Henry and Amanda don't seem to be doing too badly. What do you plan to do with Henry's Mom?

Whenever you get time and motivation to do another update, is good with me.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 6:08 AM
@ lordtyger9, I to, prefer cats, they're much (in my opinion) more independent. And I love the way my kitty actually hugs me when I get home from work. He jumps on the kitchen chair, stands on his hind legs and hugs. Adorable
And yes please, I would love a 'do homework' MOD. I have the desk locator, but I am still having to try and get their fun level up before they will obey me and do their homework!

And now for an update

Eliza Peterson
After burning through most of her inheritance, Eliza met an older gentleman and became quite fond him. James Howard. She being a fortune sim and very charismatic, snagged him and a romance (per se) happened. It was with the help of his fortune and what was left of hers, that she could pull of renovating the family home to something more to her liking.

The Collins
Last we left off, Lilly was throwing up,and my suspicions were right. She was with child.

Well, having a baby and a career, Lilly couldn't afford to pay for a Nanny, so it was decided to have her move back in with her parents. Harvey was already the house husband and he would care for Aran, Bonkers and Liam while the women worked. Perfect arrangement.

Next round will have more on Henry and Amanda. Hope you enjoyed. I certainly had an entertaining game round. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 8:05 AM
As said, heres an update on Henry and Amanda Peterson.
The house the newly wedded couple moved into was just that. A house. Expecting their first child, Henry promised his wife that once the baby was born they would move into a house that will be more fitting to make a home.

Henry and Amanda are both great parents. I like to think it's due to Henry's mother (Eliza) leaving him when he was only a child with his grandmother Maggie. I'm a little disappointed Maggie didn't live long enough to see her grandchild. I had thought about resurrecting her, but decided against it. The dead should remain as such. Dead!
Forum Resident
#46 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 11:49 AM
How do you miss the gender when it asks for the name it says baby boy or baby girl before writing the name xD

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 6:04 PM
@ lordtyger9, I to, prefer cats, they're much (in my opinion) more independent. And I love the way my kitty actually hugs me when I get home from work. He jumps on the kitchen chair, stands on his hind legs and hugs. Adorable
And yes please, I would love a 'do homework' MOD. I have the desk locator, but I am still having to try and get their fun level up before they will obey me and do their homework!

<snippage
Everybody loves baby Aran.

Next round will have more on Henry and Amanda. Hope you enjoyed. I certainly had an entertaining game round. :D

monique's Auto Do Homework Mod http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=105857

Great update and I love baby Aran as well.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
How do you miss the gender when it asks for the name it says baby boy or baby girl before writing the name xD

I had hit the button too quickly before I got to see whether it was a baby boy or girl
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 10:26 PM
I had hit the button too quickly before I got to see whether it was a baby boy or girl

A couple of times I have had names of baby boy or baby girl and then I had to rename them later.

If the name you gave the baby a name that is not appropiate for the Gender, just change the name. I have Christianlov's LastNameCopier and The Sim Blender and I use one of them to change the names of my Sims if I wish to do so.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 10:03 PM
Okay, so, this is just a very quick update. All the babies are now toddlers, and they're all boys!! Lucky I have a couple of family sims that will be willing to have more babies, and plans for another family to move into the neighbourhood. I will most move the new family in when all toddlers have become children (ugh, getting a headache already). My founding adult sims are about to become elders in about two sim weeks, give or take a day.
Nothing notable has occurred during game play, rather boring in fact, so I've a couple of ideas in my head I'm playing around with.

So, until next time
Happy Simming

Page 2 of 4