Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 1:21 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:12 PM.
Default "Old Town Revival"
My neighborhood is the City of "Old Town", I got the hood from this forum, but without Sims, after that I extracted and cloned several Pre Made Families from the base game and expansions, and also from some families that I got years ago in others sites, thanks for the people that made the extracted and clone tutorials, if I didn't follow that guides, my game right now will be done.

Also, I downloaded the following sub-hoods from MTS: Riverside, Bitville, Four Corners and Sedona, mostly for the Sims, so my "Old Town" right now consist on the Old Town terrain in the center, the Riverside and Bluewater Village like commercial hoods, the downtown called "Nocturna" and the Vacations Hoods, also the University is Académie Le Tour, with a mix of the pre made that came with the Uni expansion.
My type of game right now is very simple, I'm changing the looks of several Sims, and making simple interactions to further their stories, but I'm not near half the rotation.

My favourite couple right now is Malcolm Landgraab IV and his wife Sasha...

I'm not a great decorator, so my hoods are pretty simple as compared with some of yours, but I tried my best for my little Sims.
The history of my city is simple, Mortimer Goth resurrected an old city that his ancestors created, and invited several prominent families to live there, also young professionals and talents were invited. His daughter Cassandra thought that a lottery was the perfect choice to get more diverse people, so Mortimer went with this idea also.

Here are some pictures of the Hood and of some families, sorry about the quality of the hood, but this is a work in progress.

"Rutherford and his new roommate Dennis..."

The Kowalski, another family that I need to play again soon...

Nina Caliente met this "new friend" on her vacation...

Also, I used OneNote to take notes and register the Sims, their families, the links between them, photos and stuff, is pretty handy to don't get lost between so much Sims.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:58 AM
I love your version of OldTown, and how your sims look! I can't wait to read the stories you've mapped out for them .

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:07 AM
I play with a modified Acadèmie Le Tour and I play with a modified Bluewater Village as well. I like the look of your Sims and I look forward to more. What ever you do, I am interested.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by srtv
I’m not a great decorator, so my hoods are pretty simple as compared with some of yours, but I tried my best for my little Sims.

Nonsense! Your neighbourhood looks very pretty. I like to see how others play and I always get inspiration from seeing pictures here, and yours is no exception. It looks beautiful, and your sims are lovely! :lovestruc

I can't wait to see more images and hear about how your sims are getting along- it seems that you have a quite diverse bunch with some strong characters there. And you know there will be drama when you have Calientes and Landgraabs!

Great pictures!
Theorist
#5 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:54 PM
Your pictures and your hood look fine to me.
I love the backstory of Old Town. I'm looking forward to knowing more about your sims.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
I love your version of OldTown, and how your sims look! I can't wait to read the stories you've mapped out for them .

Thanks so much, I'm trying to take more screenshots to present some of the families that I have.

Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I play with a modified Acadèmie Le Tour and I play with a modified Bluewater Village as well. I like the look of your Sims and I look forward to more. What ever you do, I am interested.

Thanks, I love the Academie Le Tour, that's the reason I choose that campus to be the only Uni of my city, and Bluewater Village is great, I put a lot of new business and entrepreneurs living there... thanks for the interest!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 2:11 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:13 PM.
I want to present to you the Goth’s, they are Mortimer Goth, the head of this family and the city, his former wife Bella doesn’t have memories of her past, and less from her husband and children, so Mortimer called his brother in law Michael Bachelor to look after her, and gave them a good house in the center of Old Town. In the meanwhile, his daughter Cassandra met a young man that was recently divorced, the young man’s name is Francis Worthington, after a couple of weeks they got married to make a great alliance of wealthy families. Also Alexander, the youngest son is the heir of the Goth’s fortune, so his life is pretty good so far. Neither Cass nor Alex have news of their mother, and Mortimer and Michael are trying to keep that news from them, because they want to surprise them when their Mother regain her memories.

Francis was married to Jessica Peterson, but she cheated on him with Ajay Loner, also Francis is the first graduate of the Acadčmie Le Tour.

Riley Harlow (Four Corners ) is a great person, but she is always in the middle of problems, so her aunt Sharon and her mother Jane decided to change of City to meet new people and to help Riley with her life. Riley is trying to stay away of troubles, and the other day in the Gym of Bluewater Village she met Vicent Moore (Bitville ) a wealthy young man that caught her attention. Today she is going to their first date.

Instructor
#8 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 5:02 AM
I love your incorporation of visuals, and your relatable, albeit interesting introduction of the characters!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Nonsense! Your neighbourhood looks very pretty. I like to see how others play and I always get inspiration from seeing pictures here, and yours is no exception. It looks beautiful, and your sims are lovely! :lovestruc

I can't wait to see more images and hear about how your sims are getting along- it seems that you have a quite diverse bunch with some strong characters there. And you know there will be drama when you have Calientes and Landgraabs!

Thank you simsample, I appreciated your comments, I love the mix that can result of the pre mades meeting each others, and I can tell you that the Caliente sisters already are making an impression at Old Town. My favorite character right now is Samantha Hayden, she’s a brilliant and evil Sims that wants fame, power and money… also love, but that not the main goal for her, currently she is dating more than 10 single guys, and two married ones.

Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Your pictures and your hood look fine to me.
I love the backstory of Old Town. I'm looking forward to knowing more about your sims.

Thanks for your comment, I will try to post more often the updates on my Sims…

I love your incorporation of visuals, and your relatable, albeit interesting introduction of the characters!

Thank you for your comment, I want to post more on this group, but right now I have some many things going on my life… my Sims need to wait for me…
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 2:41 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:13 PM.
I always thought that the life of Brandi Broke and her children it was too bad, and I feel so bad for her. So this time around, she arrived to Old Town thanks to the public lottery, but later she realized that the money wasn’t enough to cover the bills of the house. Her son Dustin was worried about that also, so he got a job in one of the parks of Riverside. One day Brandi bring Beau, her younger son to visited Dustin in the park, there she met several people, and when she was ready to go home, she started a conversation with lovely elder man that caught her attention for his interests and good manners, his name was Maximillion Oglethorpe (Bitville ). After a couple of weeks of dates in the park with Beau playing in the public games and Dustin working. Maximillion asked for a formal relationship to Brandi, she was glad and accepted right away. The surprise for Beau, Dustin and Brandi herself was when they arrived to the house of Maximillion to celebrate the formalization. Oglethorpe was one of the multimillionaires living in Old Town, Brandi was confused by all that and even more when Maximillion asked her to marry him right there. Brandi thought that all of that was a joke, and asked for more time. After a couple of weeks, Brandi and Maximillion separated for the fear of Brandi about all the money and the gossips around their relationship. But one night Maximillion arrived with flowers and told her that she was his only love, and that he needed to share all with her and her children. Brandi and Maximillion got married after a couple of months, and they moved to the Mansion, Dustin is now thinking about going to University and Beau is happy with his stepdad, Maximillion got the wish that wanted the most, a great and wonderful family…

Here is Brandi trying to take a photo of her family..., it looks like she has now three children...
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 3:34 AM
Thanks for the update, I like how you take pictures, I am trying to do the same. Interested in more when you get a chance to post.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 2:27 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:14 PM.
The only full family that I got in my mega hood from Strangetown was The Grunt family, I just love all the four characters. So the history is the same, the General was searching a place to move, after the death of his former wife. When he saw the “Old Town” ads, he didn’t wait and bought a house in Riverside, the quiet and more nature friendly part of the city. Tank wasn’t happy about the change of city, he was so close to get in the army, but now he will need to start all over again. His brother Tripp has mixed feelings, he’s happy with a new place, but he will miss all the lights and the noise of the big city. Buck is also there… After a couple of months, the General started to date different women with the objective to find a stepmother for his children and also a good company for him. He met Samantha Hayden, Nina and her sister, and several other young women, but one day he saw a woman crying, her name was Martha Russell (Riverside ), she was crying because her father and her best friend are now a couple, maybe that was not a great drama, but that day Martha discovered that her former friend was also having an affair with her son. The General started to date Martha, after she moved into an apartment. They married after a couple of months. Martha is a decent wife, she’s kind and happy, sometimes Buck had found her crying in the bathroom, but the General Buzz told his son that Martha is having bad memories about the drama with her family. Tripp is happy, he’s still having problems with his father and Tank, but Martha is a good friend for him, and also he found a special someone in Riverside. The General Buzz bought a bigger house in the upper side of “Old Town”, and today they finished the household move.

"Buzz, Tank, Tripp and Buck"

The new house... (I believe I got that house on MTS)...

"The first dinner in the new house... I love Martha and I hope she gets a happy life with the Grunts..."

Instructor
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 4:36 AM
I love the Grunt's house-very fitting! Thanks for posting another great tale! I love what you did with the Broke and Grunt family, and I simply cannot wait to read what else you do with them

Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 10:46 AM
Lovely sims, and lovelier stories .
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 10:30 PM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:14 PM.
Currently, I’m doing a major surgery to many of my Sims, so I didn’t play much in the houses, but one of the families that got time of play was the Debateau’s, right now Armand is having the time of his life with his daughter, but also in this new city, the ladies are so interesting to him, so maybe is time to start playing the dating-game. In the Meanwhile Tara is having a bad time at school, because of the Mean Girls (Angela Pleasant, Sandra Roth and Danielle Brooke), so she’s convinced that if she forms another group of girls, she will stop the reign of horror of Angela and her minions.

Tara and her father Armand playing in their backyard...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 4:20 PM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:14 PM.
I present to you, my newest members of the Academie Le Tour, Thalia and Travis, they were create for a contest in another forum, but I cannot delete them, so I extracted and cloned them and they now live in my hood… I have little CAS Sims on my game, so maybe they will get a special treatment for that reason...

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 4:34 PM
Pretty garden - I'm such a sucker for plants.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#18 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 2:13 AM
Thalia is so beautiful, what lovely and distinctive looking sims! Thanks for another wonderful update. And I do concur that the garden is rather exquisite.

Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:18 AM
I love what you do with your Sims and they look good as well. Nice house for the Grunts I think.

I enjoyed your recent post, looking forward to more.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 4:11 PM
I love the Grunt's house-very fitting! Thanks for posting another great tale! I love what you did with the Broke and Grunt family, and I simply cannot wait to read what else you do with them

Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I love what you do with your Sims and they look good as well. Nice house for the Grunts I think.
I enjoyed your recent post, looking forward to more.

Thanks for your comments, first I want a military house for the Grunt’s, but I thought that Martha should have some decision in the choosing of the house, and Tripp loves Martha, so him and his little brother took a side with her in the decision, The General was ok with that, he is truly in love with Martha, and he’s happy that all of his sons are in a good place with her. So the house was bought with furniture, but I think The General and Tank will soon start to change some things, for example the backyard with some tools and military equipment, and also they need a house gym as soon as possible.

Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
Lovely sims, and lovelier stories .

Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Pretty garden - I'm such a sucker for plants.

Thanks maxon! I love the gardens also, that house was downloaded from some site, but I added more plants and flowers, my poor Sims the first thing they need to do is hire a gardener...

Thalia is so beautiful, what lovely and distinctive looking sims! Thanks for another wonderful update. And I do concur that the garden is rather exquisite.

I love Thalia, the contest was about to make a change of look of CAS Sims Randoms based on the Spring and also without change anything except the clothes or the make-up and hair. That’s the reason of the clothes of Thalia and Travis. I know they are not the most beautiful Sims, but I couldn’t delete them or leave them in my test hood forever. I will play them soon, I want Thalia to meet Don Lothario… xD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 9:28 PM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:16 PM.

About the Pleasant Family, I believe that their storyline is one of the few that I really like from the pre made ones, so I’m my “Megahood”, Daniel cheated on his wife, but not with the maid, instead with Bella Bachelor, Mary-Sue caught them and they fought like very indecent people, it was a great scandal in the city. Angela can’t believe that all that drama is happening to her, her popularity in the school is going down, and her friends are trying to stay away. Lilith for the other side is so angry with both of her parents and also with her sister, she escaped two times from home, but the two times, the police got her. Daniel and Mary-Sue aren’t divorce, because they believe the “dream family” can retrieve the position on the city, but right now Mary-Sue met a mysterious man that trapped her attention, in the meanwhile Daniel is going on a middle-age crisis and bought a new and expensive sport car… (I posted these in the “what’s happening...” thread, but for my personal organization, I will repost some things here..."

This photo is new... you can see the wonderful and friendly family Pleasant...
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by srtv

<lots of snippage>
This photo is new... you can see the wonderful and friendly family Pleasant...

Looks like all is not so very Pleasant at the moment eh?

Forum Resident
#23 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 5:24 PM
Your new Sims are so unique! I especially love Thalia. She is absolutely beautiful.
I love Travis' features but his man-bun kind of freaks me out. I'm old. I'm still trying to get used to man-buns on real life men. LOL

Until your thread, I'd never heard of extracting & cloning Sims. I'm going to have to do some research to see how that works and why I might want to do it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
Your new Sims are so unique! I especially love Thalia. She is absolutely beautiful.
I love Travis' features but his man-bun kind of freaks me out. I'm old. I'm still trying to get used to man-buns on real life men. LOL

Until your thread, I'd never heard of extracting & cloning Sims. I'm going to have to do some research to see how that works and why I might want to do it.

I think that I have a tutorial about that process, if I found it, I can send it back to you..., is a great way to save some of your Sims in case of corruption or when you find “Lots with Sims” to download, but you know that if you install that in your hood, your will ruin it, so I install that on my test hood, and extract and clone the Sims appearance to get them in my main hood without problems. Also, I used the Sims Surgery tool in SimPE to fix or change some Sims appearance that I thing are too ugly or bland.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 9:11 PM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:16 PM.
I shared this before on the what’s happening in... thread, but this is an important family of my Hood so they need to be here also.

"The Cameron Family: Solange, Brad and the little Tina, they apply for a loan and they got it. After that, they moved to “Old town” and rented a house in the most expensive part of the city, right now the money is less every day and they started to work in two local business, but like incognitos, because they don’t want that their new friends know about their real status of money… in the meanwhile the little Tina is showing her true personality, a little evil kid with a great and fake smile… the lies are a big part of this family…"

Page 1 of 8