Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2017 at 2:35 PM
Default Town of Lullin
First of all I have to say this group is a great idea! One of my favorite threads on the main forum is that of the same name.

Anyway some backround on the hood. Lullin is a town I started towards the end of March. It started off in the year 1922, I wanted a game that could satisfy my desire to play a historical game, but I already had a medieval game going and I wanted to experience the different fashion styles and lifestyle changes that were prominent in the 20th century. I just wish I had started maybe in 1900, mainly because I just finished bingeing Anne with an E lmao. The hood is currently in 1941, I'm not sure what I should do for it's 20th anniversary. Also due to my own stupidity as I mentioned in the main discussion page, I ended up killing off an entire family, the Floyd's and i'm still sort of mourning that loss lol.

Each round is one year and consists of 3 days. The seasons are just one day each. I keep every household in sync by keeping track of their days and seasons, using necessary mods to make them consistent with each other. I modified an aging mod, from simlogical I believe, to change the age span and pregnancy length of my sims. Pregnancy lasts for 54 hours, and I do roll for multiples, miscarriages and death rates (for all ages). Though I haven't been too strict because I've been trying to grow the population of course lmao. Toddlerhood and childhood are 12 days long, 1-4 years and 5-11. Teenagedom lasts for 18 days, 12-17 years. Adulthood is 126 days long, and lasts until 60. I modified the elder years to have a chance of death anywhere from 60 to 90.

Here's just a few old photos since I just opened up the game and nothing much has happened since the loss of the Floyd's :P
Warning, these are huge, unedited photos.

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th May 2017 at 6:11 PM
deadhead_kay nice to have you posting. I like the background that you have for your neighborhood. Do you have a story line set up or do you decide things randomly?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:18 PM
"Each round is one year and consists of 3 days. The seasons are just one day each."

How interesting! I used to just play and bounce around from household to household at random. Only recently, I played all the households to the same season. From here, I plan to work my way through the neighborhood, playing each household through one season so the Sims will age somewhat in sync. I believe my seasons are set to four or five days, which means the passing of one year (season wise) is about 16-20 days. In that time, my sims can do a lot of aging. I need to pay closer attention to how others play the game to get a better grasp of how I should play mine.

How do you get your neighbors together with their kids? I know there is a Visit Any Sim mod out there, but does it allow the parents to travel with the little ones?
Instructor
#4 Old 30th May 2017 at 11:46 PM
Wow, what an adorable family! I love the Mendelian genetics utilized in the sims 2, although I am not a generational player, and henceforth do not get to see them expressed, customarily. Even so, I still do think it's a shame that they were done away with in latter iterations. Thanks for the wonderful update! BTW, which hair is the random red-headed townie wearing?

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st May 2017 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
deadhead_kay nice to have you posting. I like the background that you have for your neighborhood. Do you have a story line set up or do you decide things randomly?

I attempt to have story lines specific to certain sims, as with Clyde Floyd originally supposed to be a traditionalist/somewhat of a jerk. But plans rarely go as I want which sometimes I'm okay with and better things occur, and others my controlling nature takes over lol. I always want to play add ROS, but can never actually force myself to follow through with them if they make the gameplay too difficult/annoying lol.

Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
How interesting! I used to just play and bounce around from household to household at random. Only recently, I played all the households to the same season. From here, I plan to work my way through the neighborhood, playing each household through one season so the Sims will age somewhat in sync. I believe my seasons are set to four or five days, which means the passing of one year (season wise) is about 16-20 days. In that time, my sims can do a lot of aging. I need to pay closer attention to how others play the game to get a better grasp of how I should play mine.

How do you get your neighbors together with their kids? I know there is a Visit Any Sim mod out there, but does it allow the parents to travel with the little ones?

Having broken down the aging to something that makes sense has made me so much more interested in keeping hoods alive and prosperous. Especially since I have certain caps that go along with ages. For instance my newly teenified playables aren't allowed to date anyone until around 16. Mainly because of the current time period, but also because otherwise I'd immediately have them go off on their own finding a partner and inevitably getting pregnant lol.

I wish I had longer seasons, currently I can't enjoy any of the awesome things that happen in the game. But so far it's the only system that makes sense to me. Plus I've already created my events log that is separated by year and season. Whenever anything of note happens to a family I jot it down there.

Now to finally answer your question, I just use the teleportation feature in the Sim Blender. Usually I only have a couple of sims over at a time, so that in conjunction with Control This Sim means I can have full control of interactions that occur.

@Emperor Crat
Thank you! I absolutely adore genetics. My spreadsheets for the hood are basically entirely centered around them lmao. I'm terrible at tracking down cc because I have the worst organizational skills, however that is one of my favorites. That is a hair by Raon and the only label it has both in game and in the files is "Curly" I do know it was pooklet'd by Lifa though.
Instructor
#6 Old 31st May 2017 at 12:16 AM
Thanks for responding to my question!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st May 2017 at 12:39 AM
Done with year 1941! Already on the second house of 1942.

The two most notable events that occurred last year was the quick wedding of Erin Mills to townie Destry Andrews. Erin's husband died in the summer of 1940, 8 months later she had met Destry and began a relationship with him. He knew of her five kids and seemed to except them. Although I see a problem occurring considering his first interaction with any of them (before the marriage) was to insult Viola, Erin's 12 year old daughter. Viola apparently has chemistry with him though They married and it became clear why Destry would take on a 36 year old widow and her brood, he apparently considered them to be very wealthy when it was he who brought in 20,000. But they were able to afford a slightly larger home that I whipped up quite quickly. I'll probably have to enlarge some hallways, I always try my luck with single tile halls and it always ends in frustration lol.

The only other event that happened was the Lewis' female dog Kia dying. I didn't even notice it happened until it was too late. I really didn't even register their other dog's whines as anything serious. Probably comes from ignoring my own dog's incessant barking

I'm such a sucker for family sitting around sharing a meal. Especially when they enforce gender roles on their own, the eldest men in the house having the heads of the table

So i'm in a bit of a conundrum currently. Luther Hatfield and Vernon Humphrey rolled their sexuality as gay and bisexual, respectively. I researched a bit, because that's what I do when playing a historical, semi-accurate hood. Now I can see Vernon just pushing away his attraction for men and focusing on women. But Luther, well he might find a partner and I'm not sure where to go with that. I've read a couple of real accounts of gay men in the 1940's who outwardly lived the single life while being "roommates" with their partner. I figure that's what I could do, and if anyone sees Luther and his partner being romantic with each other, maybe decrease his reputation and their relationship with that person? I don't know, still have a couple of years to figure it out. It'll be great when the hood reaches the present day and this won't be as big of an issue anymore lol.
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st May 2017 at 9:29 AM
@deadhead_kay Town of Lullin is a pretty cool idea! I also like the pictures.

I've also wanted to create a neighborhood like this. So that, when you check up the family after 5 generations the avatars of sims' grandparents will look like they existed in a whole other time.

Unfortunately, at least for the time-being, none of your sims can buy the Hunka 711 as well as other modern simventions.

A fun suggestion, you can use BeFunky to make your screenshots from this era look old. Credit due to @Charmful for introducing me to this site

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 4:11 AM
Whelp. Time to clone some sims. I made some very stupid mistakes, this is why you should never sim when with friends. It'll be my first time cloning sims so if y'all have any tips to maybe not make it such a grueling process it would be much appreciated. I guess I could readd the Floyd's too hmm.
Instructor
#10 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 4:27 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 12:08 AM

Everyone has been successfully remade and housed in replica's of their homes!

Now I really need to find a family tree program I enjoy since the deceased are no longer shown on the in game one. Ugh. My needs are apparently too picky for any free program online though. I just want a single page, multi family tree that's easily connectable to others, is that too much to ask for??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:53 AM
And so another year ends

We had many a teen birthday and of course I didn't take photo's of them post make over, so time to re enter all of their lots and introduce you all to the new teens in the hood.

In order we have Ed Hatfield, Forrest Best, Nicholas Mills and Isabelle Lewis who have entered the age of teenagerdom, or nearly as my teenagers transition at age 12 lol.

The Mills/Andrews (kind of hate merged families lol) had quite the exciting news this round.
Destry and Erin ended up conceiving a child, I suppose that was one way to cheer up Destry after he lost his new job :P
I realized when taking Nicholas' transition picture just how large the age gap between children are. It's 9 years between Nicholas and the twins.

And then Vernon Humphrey had come over with the girls after school and Charlotte rolled the want to be friends so that happened. After dinner, which he had joined in for, he initiated a first kiss (thanks acr ) I have to hand it to Vernon for having the guts to go after a 16 year old when he's only 13 lol. That's the first hint of romance between the teens so it's a bit exciting.

I'm gonna test my hand with ROS' again. Poor toddler Roger Humphrey was chosen, however it sticks because it's all about a roach infested home Are there buyable roaches anywhere? Cause not sure how I am supposed to spawn 18 of them! Lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 4:31 AM
Oh man, 1943 had quite the start lol.

Luther and Ed Hatfield apparently have discovered a huge hatred for each other now that they've both hit puberty No argument that I saw, or any negative interaction at all really, yet they love to stand around waiting to smack each other. Great. I fully put the blame on Ed since as a child he used to fight sweet Nicholas lol.

However, after many hours of chess and an apology from each, they managed to not be enemies anymore lol

Arcadia has also gotten quite the mean streak lately. She picked fights with both Otto and Emmy while visiting their lot. Also wow, it's so obvious now that Nicholas takes after his mom so much, he just has the squarer face of his father lol

Of course when one fueling duo ends, another begins

Daisy Hatfield turned 12, and wow for some reason I am getting major Ariana Grande vibes from her.

And that is it for the Hatfield's round. Wow a lot more happened then usual, good way to start off a new hood I think lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 6:57 PM
Man that ROS really pumped things up for the Humphrey's.

Demi and Pete got sick right off the bat as they were the main exterminators. Peggy then got sick as well on the same day. Thankfully she didn't spread it to her sisters who share a room with her. Vernon ended up getting sick on the second day, which really reduced the flow as he became the younger children's primary caregiver while his parents were resting. Nevertheless he was the first to get healthy again followed shortly by Peggy. Of course, because i'm so lucky, Vernon ended up getting sick again. And during all of this illness, Demi got pregnant through normal woohoo She'll be 40 when she gives birth next round so there's double the risk of something happening to her or the baby. I'm surprised she even managed to stay pregnant honestly.

Oh! Can't forget little Roger's fifth birthday! He's quite dapper <3

The Best's also had a little rendezvous with roaches, but thankfully nobody there got sick. This round occurred over the weekend, and when that happens I usually try to have one of the households host a neighborhood party. So everyone was invited over and it was quite a mess. Vernon and Charlotte got much closer than just that first kiss shared last round lol. Thankfully the Best household was played before the Humphrey's so no one spread any illness around.

Instructor
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:03 PM
Thanks for all the great updates! Your hood is quite eventful. In all honesty, I abhor roaches, they make me and my sims *literally* sick

Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Thanks for all the great updates! Your hood is quite eventful. In all honesty, I abhor roaches, they make me and my sims *literally* sick

Haha thank you for reading! Somehow it's so much less committal to create these posts than keep my tumblr updated lol.

Honestly my hood is rarely ever this fun, especially since before these surprise pregnancies most of the kids were out of diapers and I tend to forget about them after that. But since I'm posting about them I feel like I need to make more interesting things happen, even if that just means I stop fast forwarding through the days and just observe what my sims are actually doing haha.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 11:39 PM
Default The sickness has spreadeth :(
The start of the Mills/Andrews round saw to the birth of twins, Susan and Thomas. I figured since Erin has already had one set of twins, and rather recently, she'd be at a higher risk for multiples and lo and behold it's what she rolled anyway lmao.

Baby spam incoming

(Synchronized autonomous cuddling <33)

I never get to see this animation so i definitely had to snap a photo because idk why but I find it adorable.

There was a spontaneous teen meetup at the Mills house and Lorraine decided she wanted to kiss Luther. I could see it working out, they have quite similar desires. But they're still young so we shall see where it goes lol.

And of course thanks to a bunch of teens hanging out, the Mills trio all got sick and none of them managed to get healthy by the end of their round.

Now to shift over to the lovely Lewis'.
The game truly does have a mind of it's own. In an attempt to balance Demi Humphrey's accidental pregnancy not only did Erin get pregnant, but now Karen did from normal woohoo. I loved their small family of just two daughters. Though I guess I can't be too mad cause I didn't think about how the family name would live on and I really don't want to lose another founding family(in name at least) so soon. So i'm hoping for a boy, which would mean they're finally gonna have to move into a larger home.

The ROS for 1944 affects Edgar Lewis. Depression! - Sim loses d(100) x 10 ASP points daily for d(6) days. Rolled 50, so 500 ASP, for 1 day.
Apparently he's gonna get hit hard with some baby blues. Thankfully it's only for one day. Now to figure out how to deplete 500 aspiration points lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 8:09 AM
I just Love your Pictures they are so good! I try to take the best ones I can, but yours are better. Not Jealous though. LOL

I really enjoyed reading your updates. Merola's Multi Plainting might be helpful with Draining Aspiration points, but I am not sure. I will have to check some time later when I am playing again.

What is "ROS"?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 6:10 PM
I just Love your Pictures they are so good! I try to take the best ones I can, but yours are better. Not Jealous though. LOL

I really enjoyed reading your updates. Merola's Multi Plainting might be helpful with Draining Aspiration points, but I am not sure. I will have to check some time later when I am playing again.

What is "ROS"?

Thank you! I don't think my photos are very good, I certainly don't bother to edit them and make them prettier lol. Thanks for the suggestion! It seems like it may be what I need.

ROS stands for random occurrence scenarios. It's a sort of program that can be altered to add different scenarios, like the roaches or depression, and it randomly chooses any sim + scenario to be played out. It definitely makes the game more interesting if you're in a bit of a slump.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deadhead_kay
Thank you! I don't think my photos are very good, I certainly don't bother to edit them and make them prettier lol. Thanks for the suggestion! It seems like it may be what I need.

ROS stands for random occurrence scenarios. It's a sort of program that can be altered to add different scenarios, like the roaches or depression, and it randomly chooses any sim + scenario to be played out. It definitely makes the game more interesting if you're in a bit of a slump.

Thanks for the information at least now my curiousity is satisfied. The ROS app thing sounds interesting. Oh well, I play on a Mac so ROS is not something I can use, I don't mind though. I am playing a Generational and I just go with my playing style in which I try to make my sims happy. If I have a sim die before their time I resurect them, other wise I just go with what happens in my no-jealousy households. I do use the Sim Modder to adjust motives sometimes, but I just use it for energy and hunger for the most part. LOL I am such a cheater.

I crop my pictures and I scale them sometimes, but I don't try to do any extensive editing. I was admiring yours because of the moments that you catch. I have found that catching the right moment can be difficult.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 8:35 PM
Thanks for the information at least now my curiousity is satisfied. The ROS app thing sounds interesting. Oh well, I play on a Mac so ROS is not something I can use, I don't mind though. I am playing a Generational and I just go with my playing style in which I try to make my sims happy. If I have a sim die before their time I resurect them, other wise I just go with what happens in my no-jealousy households. I do use the Sim Modder to adjust motives sometimes, but I just use it for energy and hunger for the most part. LOL I am such a cheater.

I crop my pictures and I scale them sometimes, but I don't try to do any extensive editing. I was admiring yours because of the moments that you catch. I have found that catching the right moment can be difficult.

Idk if ROS doesn't work on Mac, but nevertheless you could just make your own word document and use an online dice roller to make your random decisions. It's how I started out a couple years ago before I figured out how the coding worked for the program lol

My playing style used to be very similar to yours haha. But I personally didn't get as much enjoyment when I was maxmotives-ing all the time and forcing my sims to do what I wanted lol. Now I force myself to allow even the things I don't want to happen just because it makes the game so much more real for me.

I've been playing for oh man, nearly 10 years now? Knowing when to capture the 'perfect' photo just comes from extensive knowledge of the animations haha.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 11:34 PM
Default 1944
Many births and birthdays were had this year, so might as well introduce all the new sims in one go.

Frank Humphrey turned 1 and he looks just like all of his older siblings. They're not clones, there are just some very dominant, unattractive genes in the family lol. Of course it happens with two reasonably attractive parents

The Mills twins, Susan and Thomas. Technically they're older than Frank since they turned 1 on the day he was born, but whatever, we're going by the rotation and their family is played after. They also look just like their siblings, though they have a different dad.

Speaking of, they're older siblings also had birthdays. Charlotte, the eldest child, turned 18! She did not go to college as she rarely rolled the want to do so. Currently she's staying home until she can conjure up the funds/partner to move out with.

The original Mills twins also celebrated their fifth birthdays this year!

We also have a new edition to the Lewis house who turned one this year, little Robert. He doesn't look at all like I expected. His eldest sister Ida looks just like her mom, sister Isabelle looks just like dad, and Robert so far looks like a really good mix of the two.

Now that all the birthdays are done, on to the other news of the hood.
The plague continues still, Emmy Hatfield started off the year as very sick, but thankfully it didn't spread to anyone else in the family. However, every single household I played had at least one sim sick so it's been a rough year. Most everyone should be healthy now but we'll see next year.

As evidence of the issues of sick households is Arcadia Best trying to manage an entire household, her garden, and her business as the only healthy person in the family

Good thing neither Nicholas Mills or Isabelle Lewis were sick when he decided to share a first kiss with her!

Heading to the Lewis house it didn't seem like Isabelle was interested in Nicholas any further than sharing a first kiss. But we were busy with a sick and pregnant Karen who immediately went into labor with little Robert. Thanks to the ROS that affected Edgar I remembered to check his aspiration levels before altering them.

...Yeah.. didn't start off too hot. So going with the idea that he suffered from postpartum depression (yes men can too), as soon as his son was born I dropped his aspiration.

Edgar was pretty good at keeping his depression hidden from his family, but whenever he was alone his little cup friend would pop out.

ROS! Erin Andrews apparently becomes overrun with all of her children and begins to lose friendships with dear ones. She ends up forming an enemy with someone.
Instructor
#23 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 4:59 AM
The children have uhm...distinctive noses! . I feel rather sorry for Edgar, will things get better for him?

Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 2:46 PM
I don't know if wanting Plastic Surgery is on your list of random possibilties, but to me those kids should should have a possible chance to develop a want to get it.

I have not been playing Sims 2 on the computer that long myself. I do have a dice roller on my iPhone and I could use that, but I don't have the motivation to make up the lsit of possbile random outcomes.

I do like your sort of different historical time period, playing in 1944 has an interesting set of conditions.

I enjoyed your update on your families.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 5:40 AM
Default 1945
HAha thanks you two for your comments, although to be honest I quite like these sims *unique* looks. It's much better than my first few years playing the sims where they were all Face 1 bores lol. Not everyone can be beautiful :P

And to answer your question Emperor Crat, things definitely do not get better for Edgar, or any of the Lewis clan...

Emmy.. No. Your youngest is 14. We're not going through the baby phase again.

I thought it quite fitting that she be talking about daisies to her daughter of the same name. <3

It has been a very long time since one of my sims has lost the cooking contest. But it's sorely welcomed with the Hatfield's as they went to being the second wealthiest family in the first iteration and now are one of the poorest.

Also, Ida was getting some very welcomed advances while I wasn't in control of her. At least she was 16 here, so not as bad as it could've been lol

This wasn't something I planned, but they're quite the perfect pairing. I sent them off to college (I'm already in 1946, of course), but they're in completely separate dorms. I'm really hoping their love blossoms lol.

I never see this animation, the mess up painting one. But really this was the most exciting thing that happened at the Best household, aside from keeping Arnold alive and quarantined for another round.

The Humphrey's suffered a lot of grief. At the start of the year I decided anyone who had been sick for a full year would need to roll a 1 out of 6 and that would decide if they would die or not. Well two of the Humphrey children, out of the entire household who was sick, were not very lucky.

Josephine, Peggy's twin and young Roger passed away due to the bad roll. And just before Josephine's 12th birthday as well. Which meant Peggy had to age into a teen all by herself.

Demi and Pete had quite the interesting way of grieving of course, what would seeing their parents in underwear do to their already scarred children?

Of course she got pregnant (and I entered their household in 1946 completely forgetting this fact and an outfit without a preg morph made for some shocking discoveries)

Charlotte Mills as a newly minted, slightly more free adult went out to the community park for some mingling. There she met Sinjin Gilscarbo, who in my opinion she needs to hold on to because uh..

Although I wouldn't keep him as Mayor cause that would mean he's quite older than Charlotte, but still, he'll have money lol.

Of course Charlotte needs the approval from her family before anything continues.

Which quickly escalated. Thankfully, they weren't successful.

(also in her parents bed, that's just wrong)

I love that Pete, of all playables, was the one who entered alongside Erin lol.

Two of Isabelle's prospective partners came over after school. She's family/romance and at first she had the LTW of 20 simultaneous lovers, but that just doesn't seem right. So one reroll later and now she's actively looking for a man with whom she can share a golden anniversary with.

And then, well.. tragedy struck.

Ida Lewis perished in a house fire started by dinner left too long in the oven. She was just about to leave for university too.

Although the family didn't really respond properly for quite a while.

Thanks to the boy who Ida brought home, little Robert was kept safe and preoccupied after the incident.

Edgar and Karen also are taking steps from the Humphrey's apparently.

They also failed by the way.

I did roll a ROS and it positively affected the Lewis' but eh not really sure I'm going to be implenting anything for the round. I think 1945 was exciting enough with all those untimely deaths.

Page 1 of 2