Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#26 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 8:30 AM
@attuned I'm glad you like the building. As to suggestion #1- I didn't think it was even possible to color the edge of a floor tile and it was always something that bothered me as well(so thanks for informing me). I will be sure to do that. I will also look at different styles of door and see if there are better fitting doors with base and ambitions. I don't have any preference as to where you put the lot so put it where you like.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 5:17 AM
The revised laundromat looks good! Thank you.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Instructor
#28 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 7:44 AM
Here's a quick progress update on the Black, White, and Read Cafe by interior designer sim Gabi and her architect friend Alesha. https://imgur.com/a/pDbAbsp
Should be done soon, it's just decorating now. I had to switch out a few of the structural elements since some were from Pets, but I'm happy so far.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 7:32 PM
orose- love love love the update!

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 6:22 AM
New salon, TAME

And the lots for the Ambitions Upload are just about ready:

Artimal- art center with sculpting station and woodworking, plus consignment shop and time machine
Dirtbuster- laundromat
TAME- salon and tattoo parlor (pictures below)

I was thinking about calling the upload Ambitious Additions - what do you think?
Screenshots

New at Simszoo
Scholar
#31 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 2:55 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 19th Mar 2019 at 4:55 AM.
Love the idea, attuned! I've changed computers twice recently and thought I backed up my nectary and fire department revisions. However, I'm still looking for them to take screenshots. I really hope I can find them as it would be the third time if I have to build them again. Sigh … Sorry that I haven't been more involved lately. I've taken a bit of a break with lots of RL things going on. Glad to see work is continuing on this project!

UPDATE March 18th - Yay! I found them. I’m play testing the fire station. I wasn’t able to go to the building and get a job but it worked fine with computer and newspaper. Is that usual? So far I added fire station to the hospital/research lot, converted towers apartments into live show, and added martial arts equipment to gym. Ran into trouble trying to add basement to building on foundation for nectar racks/nectary. Need a building without foundation. Any suggestions? Or I could empty a lot. I’ve been thinking about a building for a Late Night bar too. What other lots do we still need or want? Weren’t we thinking the large empty lot for a Festival lot? Pictures coming soon...
Instructor
#32 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 10:45 PM
Hey guys, I ended up taking the last several months off games as my dad was hospitalized and combined with my caregiving for my grandmother I just didn't have time for anything else. I'm dusting off the cobwebs on my save file as we speak.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 12:29 AM
@orose welcome back! I was getting worried about you. I hope your dad is well again, and your gram is doing okay.

No worries about the Petlandia build. We have no deadline. Whenever you can, we would love to see wip pictures.

New at Simszoo
Instructor
#34 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 8:06 AM
@attuned thanks ^^ yeah, just been a really hectic several months in a row, but things seem to be leveling out now, fingers crossed. I'll throw some pictures on in the morning :D
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 11:00 PM
@fascisthater here are some pics for Dirtbusters.

New at Simszoo
Staff - Moderator
#36 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 6:16 AM
@attuned -Those look great! You take very good screenshots.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th May 2019 at 2:58 AM
The first collection of extra EP lots has been submitted to the queue. Thanks everyone!!
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 6th May 2019 at 3:12 AM
@SimmyRN sorry, just noticed your last post. I can find you a tutorial for putting a basement into a building with a foundation. Another idea would be to create a basement, a true wine cellar, with an entrance that is separate from the building. You could have an small or large enclosed space that leads to the stairs down to the cellar.

tutorial for building basement with foundation: http://www.modthesims.info/article.php?t=497968

Yes, we were thinking of placing the festival lot on the large empty lot on the cat's north side . I thought you were building it, but if you would rather not, we can find another volunteer.

Looking forward to your pictures!

New at Simszoo
Staff - Moderator
#39 Old 6th May 2019 at 8:25 AM Last edited by fascisthater : 7th May 2019 at 6:35 AM.
@SimmyRN- I'm sorry I missed your edited post also. I made a lot that had basement stairs with foundation(Federal Legacy). The
tutorial attuned provided looks good and there is also this video by PolarBearSims https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBkvGOLoi4Y ,but it does use CFE to lower walls to foundation level.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 3:04 AM
SIMMYRN
I have been unable to reach you by PM (perhaps your mailbox is full?) Do you need any help?

New at Simszoo
Scholar
#41 Old 14th Oct 2019 at 1:48 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 16th Oct 2019 at 2:27 AM.
Default Wolfson Station - Fire Station Added to 22 Whoof Lane
With Norn's permission, Wolfson's Research Station at 22 Whoof Lane has been converted into a Fire Station for Petlandia Village. A third building was added to house the fire truck. It still has the Research Center and Hospital Rabbit Holes in the basement. The first floor of the front/entrance building features a common area for the fire fighters with kitchen, dining, and living room areas as well as the stairways to the basement level. The first floor of the back building has the fire station office and reception/recreation area. A skills and activity center is located on the second floor of the front/entrance building. The second floor of the back building is the fire fighters' barracks. Outdoors is a BBQ, garden, water tower, and fishing pool. Base game and Ambitions items only.

Sims come and go from the Rabbit Holes without any problem while fire fighters pursue their profession. The only known issue may be that it is necessary to go to the lot to join the fire fighter profession. I don't believe there is an option to join the fire fighter profession on the "pie" menu when the lot is clicked on in Town view. THIS NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED, PLEASE. Also need someone to verify that all Pets items, wallpapers, etc., have been removed. Thanks, SimmyRN

Lot Size: (will add)
Price Unfurnished: (will add)
Price Furnished: (will add)

Credit to Norn for the original lot.
Thank you to all members of Mentoring for Builders and contributors to this project.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Wolfson's Station.zip (2.36 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 14th Oct 2019 at 2:52 AM
Simmy,
The lot looks great!
The missing item from the pie menu sounds like a lot tag issue. If you post a library copy of the lot, I will test it for you

New at Simszoo
Scholar
#43 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Simmy,
The lot looks great!
The missing item from the pie menu sounds like a lot tag issue. If you post a library copy of the lot, I will test it for you

Thanks, attuned! I realized my zipped version of the lot didn't attach to my post for some reason so I added it. How do I make a library version to post? I looked in my library folder and didn't find the lot so I assume it is one of the long strings of random letters/numbers listed.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 9:10 PM
Simmy, the sims3pack is fine. I thought the library file would be easier since you wouldn't have to export it, but I can use the sims3pack also.

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 3:02 AM
Simmy- I tested the lot and as far as I can tell, it is base game and Ambitions stuff only.
Seeing it up close, it is a really lovely and functional fire station.
I also play tested it, and it works just fine.
Great job!

As for the lot tags, yes, science and hospital map tags only. To join the firefighters career, the sim has to use the computer, newspaper, or you have to send them to the lot and then click on the fire station. The fire station choices are not available from the town view. I do not know of a work around for this, but perhaps someone else does.
You might want to consider offering two versions, one with and one without the rabbit holes in the basement. Alternately, you can include a note about deleting them if you only want a fire station.

New at Simszoo
Theorist
#46 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 8:24 AM
Guys, as Iremember from Sims 3, the lot assignment and rabbit holes are replacing each other on map view. Because first one need to set lot to visitors allowed or disallowed. So I suppose this idea of combine two will lead to that thing that lot would be hardly achieved for visitors, not for working staff. I can't imagine how it would work when rabbithole on the firestation lot got a fire. I'd prefer to collect all rabbit holes on one lot. So-called town sqare with great size i guess but with rabbit holes. Something like business plaza. This combination of firestation and rabbit holes need some more testing.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
#47 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 3:18 AM
Thank you for checking, attuned! Thanks for your comments Victor_tor! I've had a fire fighter working at the station and she responded to fires elsewhere in the neighborhood when the fire alarms in the station went off. Do rabbit hole lots or the fire station have fires? I think I've only ever seen them on residential lots. Or, am I not understanding your concern? I agree that the rabbit holes seem to take precedence over lot assignments. I've not experienced any problems other than not being able to select the fire fighter profession from the "pie" menu. More testing never hurts, though. The rabbit holes are easy enough to remove so I believe a note in the upload about not being able to select the profession from the "pie" menu would suffice.
Theorist
#48 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 7:13 PM
Not sure actually with all my suggestions about fire station. I just remember all in peices and currently don't play SIms 3. But I found proof at sims wiki that says rabbit holes can has so-called evil_plot_backfire_disasters at specific levels of firefighter profession track. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Firefighter
I believe they could work fine even being placed on fire station lot. Good job

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#49 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 9:58 AM
Guys I had nudged by one person from discord to install Sims 3. And now I came here to ask one question.
I had an interest to your project and still have it. I have one idea for its 3rd part I can try to realise myself now. I would like to convert my Starlight Paws for your project.
As I porbably noticed from Guidelines I need to choose pets and one EP I can use there and I prefer Pets and Into the future. That can become something like alien house for your Petlandia. Something like house of good invadors from outer world. Just tell me what do you think of this? Do you support this idea or this is too much far from village theme?

Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 4:10 AM
Hi @Victor_tor
Apologies for the delayed response. I am the founder of Mentoring4Builders, and one of the co-founders of M4BCreators, the creator group for Mentoring4Builders. Your Starlight Paws is adorable and if you would like to recreate it for TS3, that's great! A few things to note: the project is Base game plus 1 EP, so either ITF or Pets, but not both. We don't have any ITF lots yet, and I would welcome them. The lot would also need to be for one of the size lots we already have in the Petlandia World, which you can find in the first post.

The third thing is that the M4BCreators group is for group uploads, so if you took someone else's lot (with permission of course) and furnished it yourself, that would count- for example, SimmyRN remaking Norn's Wolfson's Research Station to add a fire station. If you uploaded your lot in combination with someone else's lot, like fascisthater's and my Ambitious Additions, that would also count. But to remake your own lot is not really a collaboration with another builder. If you still would like to do this by yourself, I would suggest uploading it to your account at MTS, and I would add a link to your lot on the Petlandia Village download page.

The other choice is to remake a lot we already have in the world, built by someone else, or find another builder who wants to upload a lot for Petlandia in combination with your lot. Let me know if I can be of help, or answer any questions.

New at Simszoo

Page 2 of 5