Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2024 at 5:35 AM
Default How do i make this into a proper apartment/high rise for my sims?
ive built an apartment im really happy with, that im uploading here, but i can't seem to make it work LIKE an apartment it just wants the family to buy the whole building?

how do i fix this into a proper apartment because im not sure what im doing wrong?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ti4p....Sims3Pack/file
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th May 2024 at 1:50 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 16th May 2024 at 2:16 AM.
Nyanchan, you have a nice basic apartment shell. Here's a tutorial about making a Late Night style apartment: https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl...ms_3_Apartments. In order to make your building an apartment you will need to complete some rooms and use public space markers and hidden room markers. First you must enclose the elevators with walls and floors. You will also need floors in the public hallways and rooms on the first 4 floors. To access markers, open the cheat bar (Ctrl Alt C) and type in Testingcheatsenabled true, then Buydebug, then RestrictBuildBuyinBuildings on. Then, in the Buy menu you'll find a question mark. This includes extra items and the markers mentioned above. Put a public room marker in elevator rooms, each public hallway (including the one outside your apartment), and outside the building. If you want NPCs to live in your empty rooms, put a hidden room marker in those rooms and place a door. Right click on the door and choose Make NPC Door. You will need to place an elevator on each floor if you want NPCs to get out of the elevator and go to the empty rooms. If you don't want NPCs in all the empty rooms, you don't need a public room marker in the hallway, a door, or elevator on that floor. Instead of an elevator place an elevator shaft in the elevator rooms for those floors. When finished with the public areas and hidden rooms, open the cheat bar and type RestrictBuildBuyinBuildings off, then testingcheatsenabled false. In order to make any changes to public areas or hidden rooms, you must reverse the process as above. You can continue to make whatever changes you want to your apartment. Hope this helps!

Edit: I may be incorrect in that you may need to press shift and click on the door to make an NPC door. I also read that NPC apartments work better if they have a refrigerator and, maybe, a bed. There should be more information somewhere here on MTS about that.