Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 2:05 PM
I just created a new Sim, sent her searching the catacombs and she found it right away. I'm sorry, lol
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluntskull
Do insects have particular spawn points like gems?

Yes, but it would be difficult to describe where (I've tried). Maybe if someone could make more screenshots for the wiki, that would be useful to you.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 12:06 AM
Oaktree - You're welcome to take screenshots and add to the wiki. It's user-editable.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 12:20 AM
Since I've had the game I've found three pink diamonds. I don't remember where the first one was, but I found the other two in Sunset Valley near the stadium both times...and I found both of those within two days (real life days.)

I dunno if that helps anyone but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Field Researcher
#80 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 12:51 AM
I finally found the elusive (and radio-active) plutonium! I found it in the deep grassy dip between the stone-hedge and the goth lot mapwise. (of Sunset Valley)

Now that beetle! Whichever it may be!

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Scholar
#81 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Oaktree - You're welcome to take screenshots and add to the wiki. It's user-editable.

Oh, I figured it was some sort of *you must be a uber-mod-deity to edit this* sort of thing. Well, next time I have a change, I'll go through and take some screenshots.
Inventor
#82 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:31 AM
I got a pink diamond the other day just lying on the sidewalk. I probably haven't picked up more than 30 gems total... Must just be pure luck, eh?
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:19 AM
Default How about making map?
How about making a map of rare gems, rocks, metals and butterflies and bugs? Not all but rare and hard-to-find ones.
My sim found few spawn locations of rare ones. It may be just small part of whole list of spawn points. But if we all cooperate and accumulate our findings we can make complete map.

To do this, we need to use same detailed overview map picture file to mark them down. I don't have one. Does any one have high quality vertical satellite view map picture file (PNG or JPG) of Sunset valley and Riverview? If you have one, please share it.
Test Subject
#84 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 6:10 AM
zx1111, there already is a map for the only hard to get gems in Sunset Valley.

But the insects do need a map too, especially those evil beetles. I have the rainbow one but I'm still at 80%. And one of them is only uncommon. I doubt I'll be able to finish my collection until a mod comes out.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:17 AM
Same here, I also have rainbow beetle, found it a number of times. But still not complete. :/ Maybe there's pink beetle too? haha!

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Test Subject
#86 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 12:56 PM
I found the rainbow butterfly!

It's around the Wolfe house. But it is a rare spawn so there's usually nothing in the spot where it spawns.

Still need the trilobite, pink diamond and 6% of space rocks.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 11:49 PM
I found that beetle I did not have. It is the trilobite beetle, it is black and orange. And I found it on the beach (the bottom center one), on right to the pier/the outdoor beach bar, on the sand not the hill above.
Now my sim is complete in the collecting! yay!

Page 4 of 4