Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drivable Cars without NL (Game Add-on) *UPD 28nov2008*

by Numenor Posted 10th Nov 2008 at 1:57 AM - Updated 14th Dec 2009 at 9:25 AM by Numenor : Updated "Cars.package" archive

227 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 201 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Wiki Wizard
#26 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 7:45 PM
Wow, fab idea, well done! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
#27 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
GeneralOD: I thought that creating usable driveways in community lot was not possible; I searched the Download forums but I couldn't find anything: can you post a link? I'm interested.
Cars at commuity lot collection by morten8035. Please note that I have not tested this yet.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 9:03 PM
Wow... where would us poor simmers be without you, Numenor?

Probably still mucking around with purely Maxis-made content....

Thanks!

~~O criature sciocche, quanta ignoranza è quella che v'offende!~~
Forum Resident
#29 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 9:20 PM
Amazing mod!
I only have NL because of the cars, great job!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 11:32 PM
GeneralOD - Thank you for the link! I thought that Gothika was talking about working (and not decorative) driveways in community lots; but anyway that collection is surely handy

Kelleinna - In this case, the entire add-on is "purely Maxis-made" content But I had to use my experience to understand which Maxis resources had to be extracted, and to understand how far I could go, without stepping on Maxis' toes
However, I've decided to make another step toward Maxis' toes... Just wait a moment

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 11:54 PM
Default Update
DRIVABLE CARS WITHOUT NIGHTLIFE
Game Add-on by Numenor (and Maxis...)

11 NOV 2008 - Added Nightlife cars + Updated the "Stuff" archive
Please redownload the "Stuff.rar", because I forgot some animations for the "Smoogo Minima" car.
And enjoy the *FIVE* Nightlife cars, included in the "Cars.rar" archive (Hatchback, MiniVan, Sedan, PickUp and Sportscar).

I'd like also to better clarify the content and usage of each file attached to the first post:
  • It's mandatory to download the "Stuff.rar" and unpack it to your Downloads: it contains the "heart" of the add-on.
  • It's strongly advised to download and unpack the "Sounds.rar", too: without it, you won't hear any sound with the car animations.
  • Optionally, download and unpack the "Cars.rar", in order to get the 5 Nightlife cars.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#32 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 1:36 AM
I absolutely worship your mods. Thank you soooo much for this! Your epic-ness knows no bounds.
#33 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 1:59 AM
GeneralOD - Thank you for the link!
You`re welcome.
I thought that Gothika was talking about working (and not decorative) driveways in community lots;
Might have been, for all I know.
but anyway that collection is surely handy
I take it, then, that these items are not "usable" when so placed. I had wished, but definitely not expected, that the driveways, at least, would be usable. Still, decorative automotive stuff is better than no automotive stuff!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Scholar
#34 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 2:00 AM
I have NL but regardless just wanted to say this is a fab mod, you are the man!
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#35 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 2:15 AM
Excellent Work Numenor!

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 8:58 AM
thanks this is just what i needed.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 9:36 AM
Winter, coming from you, it's even more appreciated

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 3:24 PM
I already have nightlife,but I never knew this could be possable! WOW! I'm confused though. Do you need a drive way? How does this work?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 4:16 PM
If you have Nightlife you DON'T need this add-on. That said, in order to place cars in a residential lot, you must first place a driveway, or the car won't "snap" to the ground.

Field Researcher
#40 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 7:43 PM
Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you...

I hug you, I kiss you, I love you.

(((Great job))) ***

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 9:29 PM
This is awesome work, Great job

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 5:53 PM
Good news! The 'Drivable Cars Without Nightlife' add-on has been featured!

Considering that each and every bit of this add-on has been created by Maxis, we can say that Maxis gained its first (and last ) Featured item!!! -

Test Subject
#43 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 7:44 PM
Are you God?

I have nightlife and omg you still manage to do things that shock me. On behalf of a friend who I'm sure will want this... thank you.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 7:49 PM
Thank you so much, Numenor! You're so talented! And I've been looking for something like this forever

My Sims 2 Stuff (For DL)
"The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing."
- Marcus Aurelius
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 12:50 AM
You are amazing,
thank you SO MUCH for these!=)
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 1:52 AM
Yet again, your skillz completely amaze me... thank you so much for this, and everything else you do!
Test Subject
#47 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 4:52 PM
Wow I have waited my whole life for this moment .....AAAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAZZZZIING .......Lol Ok seriously Thank you so much
Test Subject
#48 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 12:53 AM
This seems like such a great mod! My Nightlife disc is completely unusable because it's so damaged, so I had to uninstall Nightlife. Do the cars come with the original Maxis recolors or no?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 1:15 AM
All the 5 cars are already recolourable; if you install the CEP, you will get an additional recolourable part (usually the interior) on 4 of them.

Oops, lol, I've misread Yes, the add-on contain all the original recolours.

Test Subject
#50 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 10:47 PM
you are brilliant! although i have nightlife and don't need it, i want to thank you for creating this. it's nothing short of awesome. you rock!
Page 2 of 10