Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:18 AM
Default Tutorial for teddy bears?
Please forgive me if this is not the right place, it seems like it would be the best fit--is there a tutorial out there for making teddy bears? (Preferably Blender.) I know how to make static objects, I just...can't...figure out how to make teddies and I have a few that I want to make.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) ยท TS4
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:50 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Jan 2021 at 5:06 AM.
Teddy bears need to be linked up to the teddy bear skeleton. It's similar to clothes/accessories/hair, but you might have to do some of the bone assignments on your own. The principle is the same. To get the skeleton, you export the GMDC (right-click and export - don't use the "export" button to export as OBJ file!), and import the same way to SimPE when you're done. Other than this, it's pretty much like cloning most other objects.

There are more tutorials for Milkshape, but I don't think I've seen a spesific one for teddy bears (there's a few on animated objects). Not sure if there are any good Blender tutorials either. I only know of one or two that show body meshing, but I don't know if they show how to fix bone/joint assignments manually (this would probably be helpful - teddies have few bones, so not sure if auto tools would do a good job). I think maybe the Blender plugin had a quick description of how to do it?

In Milkshape, you need to be aware of comments, group names, etc. just like for clothes/accessories. I'm not sure if comments are a thing in Blender (apparently not?), but you might want to look through a bodymeshing tutorial before you tackle this project, so you know what's needed to get a rigged mesh to work. I mostly use Blender for static meshing and Milkshape for anything that needs rigs (too used to Milkshape to bother learning a new way, I guess).