Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 4:09 PM
Default WCIF: Mod that allows more money to be taken when sims move out
I'm looking for a mod that allows you to choose the amount of money a sim takes when they leave the family property, its always been irritating that when someone moves out of an exceptionally rich family they only take 20k, so you have to stick them on a blank lot and motherlode it before moving them out and back in again, especially when you're on a slower computer - plus it doesn't actually take anything away from the original family they left which would be ideal?

There was a mod that sounded like it did just this on here but the links aren't working and wont be back up until the project is finished (as of 2019)

I'm aware there's also some kind of money order mod where you can send money over to someone which subtracts from the original family's wealth - but again that means going in and out of the loading screens several times and it still means moving a sim out into a blank lot so they can get the money before going to their new home

TIA!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 6:06 AM
Pescado's no20khandouts makes them only take a portion of the family funds, which might work for a rich family, but poor families are kind of screwed.

no20Khandouts.zip - Officially Nightlife Compatible
Eliminates the magic 20K handout when a sim moves out or graduates from college.
A sim moving out will simply take a proportional split of the cash reserves of
the current family. No more. No such thing as a free lunch. If a sim family breaks
up, the sim being booted out will take the minimum amount to afford a lot, 3K,
from the treasury if available. Otherwise, he gets whatever is left. If that's
not enough to afford even the odd 2x2 lot... too bad! Life's a bitch and then
you're raped by wild boars!

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,8.0.html
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 7:47 AM
I use no20Khandouts and if I feel like the sim could use some more money, the family will gift them some decorative objects that can be sold later. Since I also play with no inheritance, this is pretty much their share of the inheritance.

It also works nicely for university, every teen leaving gets their share and doesn't have to move back in.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 8:47 AM
I also use no20Khandouts. If I feel like a certain family would logically have more money, then I use the familyfunds cheat ("familyfunds Family Name Desired Amount (gives the family the amount specified in the cheat box)/+ Desired Amount (adds the amount specified in the cheat box to the total funds)/- Desired Amount (subtracts the amount specified in the cheat box from the total funds)") to add a specific amount to the total.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 6:09 PM
The Money Order does this as well. If you load it up with a particular amount and then don't select a recipient or post it, but put it in a sim's inventory, when they move out they will take that amount of money, rather than an equal share. I've never actually tried it above 20k, but I don't see why it wouldn't work that way.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...