Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:19 PM
Cars in sims 3?
Will you be able to own cars from the start of the game? Or will it be like the sims 2 where you needed an expansion pack to get cars
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:22 PM
Yes, there are cars in the game by default. And bicycles.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:23 PM
You get cars in the base game.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
And bicycles.

My Fiancé created a house for me but incidentally forgot to put drive way for a car and didn't leave enough space for me to add one so my sims are now stuck riding a bicycle to work or where ever else they need to go. xD
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:27 PM
You are soo lucky you have the game i have to wiat until the 18th
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:59 PM
Isn't there a way for you to increase the size of the lot now. I think you can merge it with one of the larger vacant lots or something.

Can someone remind us if this is the case and if it works?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:03 PM
Yeah, can you increase the lot size? >.>
Although, it is pretty funny to watch my sims travel every where by bicycle. xD

Now all we need are skateboards or some other new way of travel too. lol.
Instructor
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:16 PM
Oh Sims 3 unleased idea there then! That sounds like it could be fun.
Stupid people are stupid
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oh__pls
Although, it is pretty funny to watch my sims travel every where by bicycle. xD

Especially when they get run over by a car...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:39 PM
My Sim road her bicycle to the hospital to have her baby....
That was a tad strange but still funny. I really think they should change that though some how as this would never happen in real life but for now it creates some laughs.
Scholar
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:58 PM
Yep sure ! I'm willing to see a ready to give birth sim on a bicycle toward the hospital. It must bring some laughs indeed !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Theorist
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sgt_phsco
Will you be able to own cars from the start of the game? Or will it be like the sims 2 where you needed an expansion pack to get cars

Cars are in the game, but the car animations are a huge step backwards.
Doors don't open and shut, sims don't get into or get out of cars like they used to, they teleport into and out of them. Cars materialize and vanish into thin air when needed. They also drive through one another and through sims. I almost wonder why they bothered.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Cars are in the game, but the car animations are a huge step backwards.
Doors don't open and shut, sims don't get into or get out of cars like they used to, they teleport into and out of them. Cars materialize and vanish into thin air when needed. They also drive through one another and through sims. I almost wonder why they bothered.

I totally agree. It was a completely lame move on their part. They tout TS3 as being good for movie-making but if you can't even film a sim getting into or out of a car--something we have been able to do for years, what is the point? By far, this is one of the most disappointing things about this game since movie-making is what would have kept me playing this longer than 1 month
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:12 PM
I wish the Sims would drive their own car to work. If you don't actively make them do it, they'll just wait for the carpool. And the carpool shows up even if they do take their own car to work!
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:24 AM
I too hate the car animations, it's been tough waiting 4 extra months and then taking a step backwards there (although in genral I like the game so far) Another transportation issue is sometimes when my sims walk places they'll have a slow person infront of them, and they will run, run into person, stop, wait, repeat. making walking and runing around town teribly slow if I get behind someone. This is especially annoying since the cars and bikes just run through eachother... it really makes me wonder what the game was like 4 months ago
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sgt_phsco

Yes there are cars and the kick ass thing is if your sim is a klepto they can steal one. I like to have my female thief steal expensive stuff and sell or use it. Its a nice way to make lots of money fast if you want to play with no cheats.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:35 PM
I like the way the cars are. It's much less restrictive in terms of how you can place driveways.
Theorist
#18 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:43 PM
The Car Animations Are A Disgrace!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Inventor
#19 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:34 PM
Look at it this way, with simplified car animations it's going to be easier for creators to make new cars for the game

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:01 PM
You get a free cop car once your a patrol officer in the law enforcement career, that was cool. No need to buy a cheap car at that stage in the game.