Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:04 AM
limited hair and plus not fond of them. I hope some hair meshes come out eventually

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:25 AM
The hair is awful. But I wasn't disappointed. It's tradition--all the base games have had horrible hair going all the way back to Sims1.

The fugliness of it all is really starting to wear on me. I've been switching back and forth between 2 and 3 since yesterday because I just miss the beauty of my customized Sims2 neighborhoods.

But I gotta ask is this me and my eye problems or is everyone else finding they have a hard time zooming in and seeing their sims3 sims all that clearly anyway? I can't keep my sim in focus long enough to really see her. Even when I have her centered on the screen she looks kind of vague. Now I do have some vision problems but I play mostly when my sight is clear for a span of time and I can see my Sims2 characters in focus with good contrast and detail. I've set my Sims3 graphics options to the max I can get with my NVidia GeForce 8500GT but I swear it's almost like I'm back to playing Sims1 as far as the visual experience. Is Sims3 that much of a resource hog?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:30 AM
The facial hair is truly horrifying. Eyebrows are not much better. I don't mind the hairstyles that much. I love that you can customize the shade and highlights. And I like that you can still pick different hairstyles for different outfits.

I'd rather have an "Ugly Townie Makeover" mod than new hairstyles. I mean, come on, prioritize lol Some of those gals put their make up on in the dark!

/// My Studio /// My Twitter ///
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:40 AM
The Sims 3 Hair & Make-up Expansion Pack: $39.99
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:09 AM
I was disappointed in the limited hair selection, but what irked me more was the fact that stuble is now combined with the beard. (And naturally more facial hair choices) I liked having a seperate option for the five o'clock shadow and being able to set the different intensities for it.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Wasn't Sims 3 hair supposed to "blow in the wind"?

That's what I had heard! It's worse than Sims 2 hair! One girl I have has long hair and the hair sticks through her shirt. It's awful.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:56 AM
Default Lol
Quote: Originally posted by SirPanda
I am terribly disappointed with male hair.

You're stuck with: heavy metal emo, metrosexual, and middle-aged baldie.

Am I the only one who appreciates a good humble, masculine hairstyle?

They have like...three different bald styles. A town full of George Costanzas!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:01 PM
Eesh... The hair IS rather terrible, but look on the bright side: at least it's less terrible than the basegame hair from TS2. Denial of this fact? Compare the long female hairs -- a huge improvement, despite having so far to go. And at least males can HAVE long hair, now.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:04 PM
And folks... there is no CURLY HAIR '=( '=( '=(
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by efreak1974
The Sims 3 Hair & Make-up Expansion Pack: $39.99

Sadly, I'd probably buy that.
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SirPanda
I am terribly disappointed with male hair.

You're stuck with: heavy metal emo, metrosexual, and middle-aged baldie.

Am I the only one who appreciates a good humble, masculine hairstyle?

Seriously. All the male hairstyles look like anime cartoon characters. There is no short hair at all. My options are buzz cut or Luke Skywalker.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:17 PM
I know! I'm so sad! I agree that the colour possibilities are amazing, but useless if all the styles are UGLY!

My modding skills stink, so I am waiting for revered experts to come up with some new, stunning hair for us
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bad-and-ugly
And folks... there is no CURLY HAIR '=( '=( '=(

Ugh, that's bothering me, too. That and the fact that there's only two "afrocentric" hairstyles for lady sims, and they are both terrible.
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:08 PM
this may sound silly but will TS2 mods work for TS3?

no!!!??? &*^%!@%$%!@#!$#!!!!!!!!!!! ...crap.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#40 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:09 PM
P_chan - No.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
I'd love to be able to redeem my free points but cannot get the f'ing store site to load right. I need some file or other apparently. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the thing to cooperate?

as far as that goes, just try www.thesims3.com and goto the store from the website. yeah i had some issues with logging in for a bit from the site launcher, but i reset my password and it worked.
Page 2 of 2