Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:04 AM
Default So what was the worst idea for a sim you made so far?
Mine was a computer nerd sim. Yeah that was a great idea. Lets watch my sim sit on his ass all day working on the computer doing a whole bunch of stuff I do in my life cuz I am a big computer nerd.

Also it annoyed me when he overclocked his computer and it didn't speed it up it made the graphics better. I was like what? To get better graphics you need a better graphics card and monitor. And even if he overclocking the graphics card it would have no impact on the actually graphics of your computer. It only effects the clock speed.

So yeah the computer nerd sim was an epic fail. He was boring to play and didn't have any idea on what it means to overclock a computer.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:41 AM
Yeah, there are some traits I'd like to test out but unfortunately, I know I can only tolerate ambitious, active Sims. The "couch potato" trait would probably drive me bats.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:46 AM
I have a pop-star diva inspired sim. Shes a total bitch to manage and gets pissed off at every little thing, that ends up ruining her mood for the day.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:45 AM
Technophobe workaholic... he wants to work from home on the computer, but he's scared to death of it, and keeps breaking it on purpouse.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:13 AM
I made a sim with the childish trait. It spent evey free moment making stupid faces in the mirror. It bothered me so I chaged it with artistic, but then it no longer played with the rubber ducky in the bathtub, so I eventually changed it back to childish. Eventually the sim found a VR set in a trashcan and started abusing that instead of the mirror. At least the VR set has funny descriptions.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:19 AM
^^ i'm laughing my a** off because of that

Heyyyyyy baby.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpiderFang
Mine was a computer nerd sim. Yeah that was a great idea. Lets watch my sim sit on his ass all day working on the computer doing a whole bunch of stuff I do in my life cuz I am a big computer nerd.

Also it annoyed me when he overclocked his computer and it didn't speed it up it made the graphics better. I was like what? To get better graphics you need a better graphics card and monitor. And even if he overclocking the graphics card it would have no impact on the actually graphics of your computer. It only effects the clock speed.

So yeah the computer nerd sim was an epic fail. He was boring to play and didn't have any idea on what it means to overclock a computer.

Blame EAxis for that... "What the hell is a clock speed?!"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brutuz
Blame EAxis for that... "What the hell is a clock speed?!"

Clock speed is the core clock speed. It effects how well your card plays games. For example the 4870's clock speed is 770MHz and the stronger 4890's clock speed is 1000MHz.

I have the 4870 and at 770 I can run Crysis on full max settings and max res with horrible FPS of like 10 or lower. Unplayable lag. But when I overclock the speed to 820 I can run on max settings with max res getting about 18-25 fps which is playable. A bit laggy here and there but playable.

I hear people say with the 4890 they play Crysis maxed out on everything with about 30+ FPS all the time. If you can play a game with 30+ FPS that means you will be getting no lag unless its server lag that is. I want a 4890 or a 4870x2. The 4870x2 is better then the 4890 but I won't get into that.
Instructor
#9 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:45 PM
I think (s)he was mocking EAxis, not actually asking what clock speed is.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I made a sim with the childish trait. It bothered me so I chaged it with artistic, but then it no longer played with the rubber ducky in the bathtub

Change it to either daredevil or excitable (they're not annoying traits),my sim has those two and she plays with the rubber ducky.