Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:58 AM Last edited by Seethatfallingstar : 5th Jun 2009 at 4:39 AM.
Default Custom Music
Okay I want to listen to my music in the Sims 3. But when I listened it kept repeating the same song. So I went to the folder and deleted the songs it came with. Then I went to the game, where it still played the same song. So I deleted it again. But it still played the same song. Anybody else had this problem?

Update:
I went into my game and deleted the songs in there, it wouldn't play so I'm guessing it was the custom song.

Then I exited the game and went to the custom music folder. The problem is this: the songs it comes with keep coming back into the folder every time after I play the game. How can I stop this?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:08 AM
This confused me too, but I found an answer.

There should be a folder in your "My Documents" with a name like "Electronic Arts". I can't check, as I'm not at my computer currently, but if you go into the TS3 folder there... There'll be a custom music folder. Take out the default music, put yours in, and boom!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:24 AM
Thanks so much for the answer but I'm afraid it didn't help. That's actually what I've been doing.

I even deleted the stero and bought another one. And emptied the recycle bin.
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:08 AM
Hello...
Currently lots of software are available in the market which allow you to modify original song such a way that no one able guess original song....
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:36 AM
The reason you cant delete the song is because EA built into the game backups. One file is in the game several times. I found this out reading the modding forums that the cc program makers ave been using to hare discoveries about the game as they pick it apart to figure out how they can make cc available.
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Seethatfallingstar
Thanks so much for the answer but I'm afraid it didn't help. That's actually what I've been doing.

I even deleted the stero and bought another one. And emptied the recycle bin.

I had to delete out the Eaxis "custom music" a couple times before it actually went away. It made me pretty frustrated that they put anything in that folder at all. "Custom music" implies music NOT made by them. (But the irony was, I put my favorite TS2 music in that folder...because I missed it.)
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:57 AM
i noticed when i was in create-a-sim it repeated the same song over and over and it was really annoying... added my music in the custim music folder... but only place it seems to work is on the stereos in live mode which really pisses me off. i would rather listen to my own music when i'm building then listen to music when i'm playing the characters...
anybody figure out how to get your own music to play in any other mode?
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:18 AM
Yea, I want to listen to the sims 1 build and buy music in those modes.
Anyone knows if there is a way to get it played in those modes?
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:29 AM
Here's a trick for importing your music library to the custom station without having to copy/move your music..

In Vista (not sure about < Vista), you can use a "directory junction" to mount your music library to the "Custom Music" folder. This sounds complicated but is actually very simple to do.

Note: The game seems to ignore subfolders so unfortunately if you keep your songs organized in a nice folder structure this won't work.

First, rename your "Custom Music" folder under "[USER PATH]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" to something else (backing it up).

Then run the following at a command prompt, after modifying the paths as needed:

mklink /j "[USER PATH]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Custom Music" "[YOUR MUSIC FOLDER]"