Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#26 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 11:50 PM
Did you use an original, unaltered EA mesh to match the bones to?
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#27 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 12:58 AM
you dont have to start over if you add ''that fix''
If you export the GEOM file and add that row of faces you only have to copy the vertid's over(from both rows of vertice)

Its not necesarely you add the fix to the morphs.

But, is it a visible seam?
If you match top and bottom you only see little sparkling were the vertice meet
Field Researcher
#28 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Did you use an original, unaltered EA mesh to match the bones to?

I used the afTopBraBurnt

Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
But, is it a visible seam?
If you match top and bottom you only see little sparkling were the vertice meet

There's a little sparkling, and a slight color mismatch. It looks like the muscle definition is missing below the waist too. I read in this post that TSRW kills the muscle definition and am hoping to recover that by working with the geoms.

I don't understand why the morphs don't have to be redone though. The base mesh is going to have more verts and faces than the morphs. Time to start playing with it and see what happens. The mod in question is that first shirt I did. It was posted on MTS yesterday and someone pointed the problem out to me.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#29 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:30 PM
The latest version of TSRW does not kill muscle definition. I was asking whether you used a reference mesh that had never been opened in Milkshape, since Milkshape is what causes the problem. Also it might be better to use a bottom as reference since all you want to match is the waist seam where the top and bottom meet.

Can you post a screenie of the seam?
Field Researcher
#30 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:40 PM Last edited by sciguy77 : 13th Nov 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Sorry Cmar -- I misunderstood what you were asking! I have a copy of the afTopBra_burnt I keep as a reference. It's never been saved from Milkshape.
The mismatched area is on the left side of the mesh (as viewed from the front). The area on the right turned out to be the normals. I moved the outside edges of the torso back a little so it wouldn't clip through the top when morphed, and somewhere along the line those areas got too dark. I've copied the normals from the reference top again and even though I haven't tested it in-game, it looks good in MS.
I'm playing around with Bloom's idea of adding another row of faces. I'm going to have to tweak the UV map a little to keep the seam from going all wonky, but I really like the IDEA of how this should work.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#31 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 1:38 AM
The sparklies do look like the typical bone problem. Are you sure the waist vertices are in the exact same positions as the afTopBra_burnt? Toolkit uses the positions to match up the vertices so if they're even a little off it won't copy the bone values. I'm just making wild guesses here, you understand. :D

Edit: Also, are you using an EA bottom in that pic or a CC bottom? CC bottoms may have the same bone assignment problems.
Sockpuppet
#32 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The sparklies do look like the typical bone problem. Are you sure the waist vertices are in the exact same positions as the afTopBra_burnt? Toolkit uses the positions to match up the vertices so if they're even a little off it won't copy the bone values. I'm just making wild guesses here, you understand. :D

Edit: Also, are you using an EA bottom in that pic or a CC bottom? CC bottoms may have the same bone assignment problems.

He might have to use GEOMS as reference mesh instead of WSO files?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#33 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:54 PM
I think he did use a GEOM as reference. But your question makes me think maybe the bones got messed up when the mesh was re-imported into TSRW and/or exported again.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 5:41 PM
I jumped through all kinds of hoops here! First, I exported the lod1 as a geom and copied the vert positions and normals from the afTopBra_burnt. Then the tangent fix was applied again. When I put that geom back into the package, it wouldn't open in TSRW or the game. SO, Toolkit made a shiny new set of morphs for me with the applied fixes. It was fast and easy this time since I used the mesh with the mismatched seam as a reference. I didn't use the auto-assign bones tool this time though. Once I had the lod as a morphed wso file, I imported the mesh back into TSRW. Saved as Sims3Pack-->converted to package-->tested in-game. It looks like it's been fixed! I THINK the problem may have come in where I originally moved the far edges of the torso underneath the shirt to the rear a little to keep it from poking through in the morphs. Thanks for all your help!!
Screenshots
Page 2 of 2