Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:51 PM
Default What if I want to share purchased content with my MTS family here?
Would we get in trouble for something like that?

I see that the files just go to the same place as all the other downloads.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:54 PM
You will probably get in trouble. I heard people were having their accounts suspended on the sims 3 site for posting links to torrents that offered the special items.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:58 PM
We do not allow EA Store content to be posted here.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:04 PM
ok can you delete the thread then.

Sorry about that.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:32 PM
Ah I wondered this also as I have some store stuff (with my free points) in a house I am building for upload here -hopefully- later today, if I can figure out how to package it et. I will go on and make sure none of it is in there.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:36 PM
I wonder what happens if someone made a house with some store bought stuff and on the exhange, not necesarilly to spite EA though...
Especially in-game if someone who didn't buy those items downloaded the house?!?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:39 PM
If you made a house with Sims store items (in ts2 and ts3) and then uploaded it to the exchange, the game will replace the store items with items in the game if you hadn't purchased it already.

From their faq:

Quote:
14. I've downloaded an object from The Exchange that contains something from The Sims 3 Store, but I don't own anything from the Store. Does that mean I got it for free?
No. If you download a Lot or Sim containing content from The Sims 3 Store, but you currently don't own any Store items, they will be automatically be replaced with an item from the base game.