Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:32 PM
Official Sims 3 Base Game Bug & Glitches Thread
Well, I started playing Sims 3 when it came in the post yesterday, and I do think it's kinda cute, and not as bad as everyone is making out...until I came across the same errors over and over. So I thought we should compile together all the bugs and glitches we have come across so they are all in one nice tidy place, and people can see if they are experiencing the same things!

Saving
Okay well, firstly, I get alot of "save errors" which is annoying, because all the readme file says is to ring up customer services.

If I play for longer than about 15 minutes without saving, the next time I go to save it just saves..forever...the save icon just keeps spinning. I kept it there for two hours and it didn't save.

I know there are more obvious ones, but I can't remember them all right now and these ones are the ones that are really annoying me, because it means there is no point in playing as I can't save. Hope you guys can get involved and add your bugs & glitches

Alex
xx
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:26 PM
I have one - the weird skeletor demon toddler when watching the TV. o.O
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:44 PM
Sometimes it will not let me change the speed of the game. If I have two sims in the household I will have to select the other sim before it works. This is the only one I can think of at this time.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oh__pls
Sometimes it will not let me change the speed of the game. If I have two sims in the household I will have to select the other sim before it works. This is the only one I can think of at this time.
I've only ever seen that when trying to switch to speed 4 when the selected sim doesn't have an action that can be sped through. Does the same thing happen with speeds 2 and 3?
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:51 PM
The speed thing is killing me - there's very little difference between speed 1 and speed 3/4 in my game.

The interesting thing is that my son and I both have the DD version of the game and both have this problem. My daughter, who has the worst computer out of the 3 of us, has the boxed disk version and her speed 3 seems to work the way it's supposed to.

It's so slow when they work/sleep that it's almost game-killing for me...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:51 PM
Yep. All are unselectable.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caupi
The interesting thing is that my son and I both have the DD version of the game and both have this problem. My daughter, who has the worst computer out of the 3 of us, has the boxed disk version and her speed 3 seems to work the way it's supposed to.

Hm, maybe this is why 3-ultra doesn't seem so slow to me. I have the box version and sleep really doesn't take that long for me. It seems pretty much just like the Sims 2 to me. I don't know if it's just me not really caring or something strange is up here.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:56 PM
Locking, as game problems need to go in the Game Help forum, where we can properly troubleshoot them. Known bugs can then be made into a FAQ by staff.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Please use Game Help if you're having game problems.