Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 3:45 AM
UPDATED:1-11-11
-updated for Blender 2.56(will not work in previous versions)
-fixed problem with exporting objects with two UVs (i.e. dressers)
-changed Hide button to Show/Hide button
-bones are now hidden on import.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 3:58 PM Last edited by simoro : 12th Jan 2011 at 4:37 PM. Reason: possible idiocy (it happens to the best of us)
Oro, got some fun questions, I have. Is there a way to see and directly manipulate the actual 3d coordinates for selected vertices/bones/joints? Some of the models I am working with need to be very precise. When I use the transform functions, all Blender shows me is the Delta Vectors (the change from its point of origin).

Also, I discovered an issue with the exporter (maybe). Manipulating vertices in edit mode will export just fine, but when I try and edit bones and joints (such as lengthening a bone), the changes do not export. I have a similar problem when editing the .lod files. With the .lod files, even vertex changes are not exporting. To determine this, I have been making changes, exporting, re-loading blender, and importing the files to check for changes. The files I have been messing with are S3_01661233_00000001_87AF7BB43EEB007A%%+MODL_filebase.s3asc and S3_01D10F34_00010000_87AF7BB43EEB007A%%+MLOD_filebase.s3asc from DeltaBuild0. They are the model and lod for the platforms.

EDIT:
Actually, disregard the exporting problem for now. No changes I am making right now are exporting, so it is probably idiot user error on my part. I will play around and see if I can isolate the issue.

EDIT #2:
Seems that if you use the export option under the file menu, changes are not being exported. Using the export button on the 'properties' window does export changes. Still, only vertex changes on the model files are exporting though. Bone changes and .lod file changes don't seem to be taking at all.

Sorry 'bout the long multi-edited post.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simoro
Oro, got some fun questions, I have. Is there a way to see and directly manipulate the actual 3d coordinates for selected vertices/bones/joints? Some of the models I am working with need to be very precise. When I use the transform functions, all Blender shows me is the Delta Vectors (the change from its point of origin).

If you press 'N' while in the 3D window, it brings up the Properties panel on the right. There, you can use the transform selected items with sliders or numerically, and globally or locally. Is that what you're asking?
Quote:
Also, I discovered an issue with the exporter (maybe). Manipulating vertices in edit mode will export just fine, but when I try and edit bones and joints (such as lengthening a bone), the changes do not export. I have a similar problem when editing the .lod files. With the .lod files, even vertex changes are not exporting. To determine this, I have been making changes, exporting, re-loading blender, and importing the files to check for changes. The files I have been messing with are S3_01661233_00000001_87AF7BB43EEB007A%%+MODL_filebase.s3asc and S3_01D10F34_00010000_87AF7BB43EEB007A%%+MLOD_filebase.s3asc from DeltaBuild0. They are the model and lod for the platforms.

EDIT:
Actually, disregard the exporting problem for now. No changes I am making right now are exporting, so it is probably idiot user error on my part. I will play around and see if I can isolate the issue.

EDIT #2:
Seems that if you use the export option under the file menu, changes are not being exported. Using the export button on the 'properties' window does export changes. Still, only vertex changes on the model files are exporting though. Bone changes and .lod file changes don't seem to be taking at all.

Sorry 'bout the long multi-edited post.

Actually, the bones are there for reference only. I haven't added the ability to edit bones or .lod changes. The only changes that are exported are changes to the mesh. Even if they were exported, the compiler wouldn't compile the file, as it expects only mesh/material changes. I'm am currently trying to get around this.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#29 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 8:42 PM
Ah, yes the coordinate system in that properties menu is what I was looking for, thanks. It doesn't work with bones/joints in edit mode, but if those are reference only, I have no need to mess with them anyway.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 1:52 AM
Well, in case you did need to move the bones that way, you can select a bone in edit mode. Then in the Properties Editor, click the Bone button and it gives you the same transform buttons.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 2:59 PM
Hi all,
Hi cmomoney,

After installing your io_TS3_tools.py on a new blender v.255 32 bits installation, I got the folowwing information (in the blender Command Line Window) and of course the plugin does not work...

Error importing TS3 model with Blender v2.55 32b

Thanks a lot for responses.

If you want to know your future...create it!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 3:52 PM
The current version(as of 1-11-11) only works on 2.56. The command in that line in the error has been changed.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 4:46 PM
Thanks a lot cmomoney and so long.

If you want to know your future...create it!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#34 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 5:51 AM
Great work, cmo! Thanks!

It's my first time tinkering with this, did 2.56 change the filter name?
There are 2 rows of
- Import-Export (plugin not listed)
- Import/Export (plugin listed here)

I edited the .py file, so all is good; until your next update.
Now to find some 2.5 tuts...
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#35 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 3:39 AM
Hi Ella . Something got changed, but since some of the popular add-ons(not built in) were showing up in the same list I didn't bother changing it. I would like to know what changes you made, I could update the current file with it. I working on another update with some new goodies, and a tutorial. They're saying 2.56 may be the last of the betas, and I want to be able to move this out of testing. So if anybody has anything they want added/changed....

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
In the Arena
retired moderator
#36 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 2:44 AM
I just changed the slash to hyphen (dash) where it is referenced in a text-editor. I think there were 2 - iirc, at the top of the script file.
ie Import/Export to Import-Export

Am still learning the new interface and learning my way around doing the same Milkshape tasks.
Looking forward to your new updates and tut!
Forum Resident
#37 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 11:27 AM
Cmomoney: Relocating conversation started in another thread.

> Could you please report in my script's thread, stating the objects you were trying to import?

A custom object of my own construction, tested and working in-game. I extracted the mlod
and modl resources with s3pe, then decompiled them one by one with wes howe's s3objtool
(v1.1). The resulting s3asc files were all blank, which is probably why they wouldn't load in
blender with your importer. Wes's tool was built with milkshape in mind, and the .s3asc files
might only be used for their names, to group the plethora of other files unleashed whenever
a mlod/modl resource is decompiled. The .s3ascg files looked like they might have a mesh
in them. I think I'll try changing their extensions to .s3asc and see what happens.

> As for using my scripts as an example, I wouldn't advise it, as I have very little experience in
> programming, so you may be dooming yourself from the start.
Be that as it may, I'd still rather climb a bush than an oak tree. I already got my script to
show up in the add-ons list by following your code, which was a lot farther than I got with
the blender tutorials I've looked at.

> If you look in Blender's script folder there are many examples there. I do my scripting inside Blender.
Thanks for the tip, and all the other nifty stuff you've done to keep the game from getting boring.
Alchemist
#38 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 12:08 PM
What was the original clone lenglel? Although the s3asc appears blank, as you say, when I click on it and select import my objects have shown up in Blender every time.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#39 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 1:43 PM
The .s3asc file is indeed blank, and just used to get the name for the rest of the files. The meshes are contained in the .s3ascg files. Changing their extensions will only make things worse, because my importer looks for .s3ascg files based on the .s3asc filebase name. If you could post the error(you can see it it the console window) and/or a MLOD/MODL that's giving the error, I could take a look at it. Thanks .

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 3:30 PM
bug for 2.55: if the name of the file is too long, blender doesn't recognize the import-file as a .s3ac, because it cuts the last characters.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kathaludlee
bug for 2.55: if the name of the file is too long, blender doesn't recognize the import-file as a .s3ac, because it cuts the last characters.

I mentioned that in step 1 of Importing:
Quote:
Rename the the file to name.lod(for MLODs) or name.model(for MODLs). Renaming is really only necessary for files with long names, because Blender has a limit.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#42 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
The .s3asc file is indeed blank, and just used to get the name for the rest of the files. The meshes are contained in the .s3ascg files. Changing their extensions will only make things worse, because my importer looks for .s3ascg files based on the .s3asc filebase name. If you could post the error(you can see it it the console window) and/or a MLOD/MODL that's giving the error, I could take a look at it. Thanks .

Turns out the object was loading, but is so much smaller than the
default cube that I couldn't see it from the default perspective.
So, it loads the object but I get the error shown in the attached
screen shot. I'm also attaching the .mlod file.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lwemodel.zip (3.2 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Description: file I was trying to import
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#43 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 11:48 PM
They both imported without errors. I don't know what's wrong. That line just updates the scene.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#44 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 3:07 AM
I commented out line 603, the one that updates the scene, and it
loads without errors now. Maybe it has something to do with the
bone, which I assigned in milkshape? When it had the error the only
thing I saw was the mesh itself, now I'm seeing the mesh, shadow
group, and bone, but no error message.
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#45 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 3:18 AM
If all you saw was the mesh, and the mesh is group00, that means it quit building at that group, which was probably line 603. I don't think it's needed anyway, just something I didn't take out. Still odd why you get the error and I don't...

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#46 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 10:10 AM
Might have something to do with the fact that I installed the plug-in without
rearranging the ui as per the tutorial. But that's just a guess.
Test Subject
#47 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:50 PM
I get a quite similar error message and export doesn't change anything... and I only have the Import and Export button, none of the others (bake, make glass etc.)
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:28 PM
I need to know what you did before you tried to export. Where all the buttons there before?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 9:41 PM
No. I installed the script as described, but only the Import/Export buttons were visible. Import worked, although I got the same error-message in the cmd-window. I then replaced the mesh and tried to export it. Nothing happened, except for the error.

Maybe there is a change and I just don't recognize it. But shouldn't the mesh look like the one I created when I import it again after exporting?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#50 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 10:12 PM
The other buttons don't show until after you have imported something. What were trying to import that gave you the error?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Locked thread
Page 2 of 3