Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#626 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 12:24 PM
:o
Keep it coming , i 'm looking forward for another great sims experience .

You ain't bad . It's just that apple pie is better . LOL
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#627 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 9:33 PM Last edited by BrilliantAzure : 1st Sep 2009 at 9:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Oprah
Exactly my thoughts. The main neighbourhoods lack night clubs, restaurants, I mean real restaurants, not just rabbit holes, the same goes for shops. And how about sports like basketball, football, bowling, skating, whatever. There is more to life than just going to parks and eating grilled hot-dogs or fishing with the Reaper standing behind your back. In short, I hoped that the main neighbourhoods will get some improvement before we start sending our Sims to discover the new world.

This is why I'm disappointed too. Granted, less so than I was before I started reading this thread...you guys bring up good points. They /could/ implement a lot of basic stuffs with this expansion...seasons, night life, whatever. But EA has always done rather mundane things (university, night life, etc) for their first expansion for a reason...because this is a /life/ simulator. You need to add the mundane things so it feels more authentic, the things that /everyone/ does (well, most people...not everyone goes to college, but it's pretty typical these days) before implementing stuff that becomes less and less common (probably why the magic ones are always last).

While I'm not saying no one goes on vacation, I know for a fact that neither I nor any of my friends have raided a pyramid in recent memory. I also know a large chunk of the population has never even left the country. I'm not saying vacation isn't as good a place to start as any...but what's with all the over-the-top gimicky stuff? It sounds cool, I'm not saying it doesn't, but it really seems like EA is trying to make this game appeal to a wider demographic (for the love of God, it's already the best selling game in history or something) to draw in more customers (and therein lies the rub) by implementing more than just the mundane world life-simulator stuff. but what they don't realize is that's why we buy the game...and this is why Spore failed. It tried to do more than simulate life and evolution. It tried to include action sequences and space simulation and civilization building...I predict this will fail in everything but what the Sims is /meant/ to do. Which, at least, means it will do that stuff it's meant to do well.

I would rather see university, night life, seasons...anything other than this. I want the sims I have to seem like they're living a complete life before they go into this more obscure stuff. I am probably the only one, but I will not be pleased with the Sims 3 until my sims can go to college. It feels like they're missing a very vital part of life as it is (I don't know many people who can become world-renowned surgeons without going to college...). I spent a lot of time defending EA when the Sims 3 came out. And I still see that it could be a decent game. But I am starting to switch sides in the argument. I'm starting to see them as the money-grubbing business that they are rather than the putting-the-player-first lovey-dovey game company I kept trying to believe they were. I forsee them adding a bunch of new locations and such as a way of getting around implementing an expansion that would require them to give us more objects to buy, more hair styles, more clothing styles (they already said they would add a lot of /ethnic/ clothing choices...leaving them wide open to fleece us for more mundane clothes and hairstyles and what have you) so we have to buy them in the store.

I for one am hesitant. But will wait to see the expansion before I pass judgment. I am not 100% certain I will buy it.

Edit: From the wiki: "One of the new architectural developments are the trigger-able doors and staircases, similar to the doors in the Sims 2 Apartment Life."

I like that. It does look to me like they'll be lumping in a bunch of old stuff into this expansion rather than releasing multiple expansions, so I guess take about 25% of the scathing nature out of my post. The box art includes a couple making out in what I assume to be the France location, so yeah, maybe they'll include some Night Life-esque content. Like someone said, it would make a lot of sense to include seasons (though I don't know that there are any wintery locations for snow...so I wouldn't hold my breath for this one). I am slightly more optimistic...all the better for EA to crush my hopes and dreams like they seem to enjoy doing... I'm still disappointed the only (three) new traits are ones that improve the three new skills. Wish they'd come up with a few more.
Mad Poster
#628 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 4:51 AM
I'm still not loosing all hope with this ep, even thou I wish we could get more info about the other locations, instead of the same, Egypt, pyramid, mummy, firetrap, jump in pool stories. Considering that the base game already had alot of stuff from sims 2 EPs, I'm hoping we would get more in this ep than just a vacation, plus we didn't get working restaurants in ts2 untill the second ep, so maybe there's still hope that we will get a better community life ep one day.
Scholar
#629 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 5:02 AM
Honestly, you all want it all and you want it NOW!

Chill, there will only be like 6 more eps after this...

I'd like to see more about the new cheats and build functions. Every ep adds more than gameplay. That's the whole reason I didn't uninstall Pets.

We didn't have the sledgehammer until, crap forgot which ep, but it just goes to show that some features are worth having.

Vacation eps have never had much following with us simmers, that's why they are putting it out first.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Test Subject
#630 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 11:07 AM
Am I the ONLY person not looking forward to the World Adventures Expansion pack?
Hi Everyone,

This is a topic i touched on in the forum at TSR and I received an overwhelming response. I just thought I would see what your thoughts are on this also!

I have to say that I am not looking forward to the concept of the new expansion pack, It does not appeal to me for the way that I play the game. I have no interest in sending my sims anywhere or exploring etc. I have not even collected a rock in the base game yet!
I am not criticizing the expansion pack, I am sure that it would appeal to lots of you! I am simply voicing my opinion that I am really not excited by it. Not to say that I wouldn't buy it, because if it included features such as half walls I would buy it in an instant! I was really hoping for something like Apartment Life {my absolute favorite!} or Open for Business so I could build other types of lots?

Does anybody else feel this way??

Find out where some of the best Sims 3 Downloads are here at the Sims 3 Daily Download!
Scholar
#631 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 11:18 AM
Maybe you should put your thought here.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...stpost&t=361143

We can't have a million threads on this before it even comes out.

I will get it. I always do.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Scholar
#632 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
Honestly, you all want it all and you want it NOW!

Chill, there will only be like 6 more eps after this...

Someone having an opinion you disagree with doesn't mean they need to be told how to behave.
Scholar
#633 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Someone having an opinion you disagree with doesn't mean they need to be told how to behave.

Dang! Just posting, like we all do. People want Free Time, Seasons and Nightlife all rolled into one. Not going to happen.

Lighten up. Would it have helped if I put a smilie after 'You all want it now'?

Scholar
#634 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 12:36 PM
If you don't like the opinion, debate it. Telling people to calm down--like the only reason they have that opinion in the first place is because they need to relax, chill or lighten up--is cheap and not going to get your point made.

In short, attack the opinion, not the poster. It makes for way more productive forums.
Scholar
#635 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
If you don't like the opinion, debate it. Telling people to calm down--like the only reason they have that opinion in the first place is because they need to relax, chill or lighten up--is cheap and not going to get your point made.

In short, attack the opinion, not the poster. It makes for way more productive forums.

Seriously, what's up? I was just observing. I can't say 'chill'? Don't tell me what I can and can't say.
And attacking someone's opinion IS attacking them. I was speaking in generals. I never mentioned names. Do you feel that I personally attacked your opinion? If not why all drama?

I'm out. I don't debate with people in the Sims Discussion forum.

Forum Resident
#636 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by gwynne

In short, attack the opinion, not the poster. It makes for way more productive forums. People should be nicer what is the big deal about saying chill deal with it not worth upsetting a long time poster
Alchemist
#637 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 3:53 AM
You're not the only one Leah. Unless they wow me with something before it's released other than what we've already been shown, I'm skipping it.
Theorist
#638 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 3:57 AM
I would much rather have something like OFB and I would just about give my eye teeth for real apartments for TS3 but at the same time this new expansion pack looks a whole lot more interesting to me than did Uni back in the day. I may or may not get it as soon as it releases, but I think I will want it. There are some aspects I don't care a lot for, but there are quite a few things that sound fun and interesting. Not to mention there's a Moped on the box art, and major Karate-type kicking going on. It could be cool!
Lab Assistant
#639 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 5:22 AM
Personally, looking at everything.. I'm waiting till theres a sale, or something. I'm not about to pay $40 for an EP.. Specially when $10 of it are store points i'm never going to use. =P I think they are just shoving the points in there so they can point later and say 'look, the store works, look how many people boooought those points!' =P
Test Subject
#640 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
I would much rather have something like OFB and I would just about give my eye teeth for real apartments for TS3 but at the same time this new expansion pack looks a whole lot more interesting to me than did Uni back in the day. I may or may not get it as soon as it releases, but I think I will want it. There are some aspects I don't care a lot for, but there are quite a few things that sound fun and interesting. Not to mention there's a Moped on the box art, and major Karate-type kicking going on. It could be cool!

I agree so much about both of the expansion packs you mentioned - OFB was great and while i loved apartment life for TS2, it didn't seem quite as fluid as it should have. But i think that in the sims 3, with the open world and the new AI system meaning every sim is actually 'living', it could be really great.

Actually my ideal expansion pack right now would be like an 'urban life' kind of expansion pack, that added in real restaurants, nightclubs, dates and social outings where you can do things in couples or groups as well as having apartments. So basically the best parts of nightlife and AL haha. I know its a bit unrealistic and too much for a single expansion pack but i would love it.

As for world adventures, i'm not really looking forward to it either. I might buy it later on if the reviews are good, but I'm assuming it's going to be like bon voyage / vacation where everything is kind of fun to do once but after that you never touch the features again.
Mad Poster
#641 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oceanblaze
Actually my ideal expansion pack right now would be like an 'urban life' kind of expansion pack, that added in real restaurants, nightclubs, dates and social outings where you can do things in couples or groups as well as having apartments. So basically the best parts of nightlife and AL haha. I know its a bit unrealistic and too much for a single expansion pack but i would love it.

It's possible we might get that in this EP seeing as they said there will be adventures in France and I saw the Eiffel Tower in one of the the preview pictures. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully we'll get at least some elements from nightlife and that the nightclubs and restaurants from Paris won't be all rabbit holes.
Alchemist
#642 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Oprah
Hmm, I'm not impressed. I hoped for something more useful, Nightlife or OFB. The Sims 3 has just started, isn't it a bit early to go on vacation?

&

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Boo, EA! I wish they would finish fixing the issues in the base game first. Dang!

=

my reaction.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#643 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:29 AM
Pre-ordre on amazon.fr
Hi,
just to tell that "Les Sims 3 destination aventures" -french version, so- is available on amazon.fr as pre-ordre for a release 2009, nov 19th for 40€.
Test Subject
#644 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tchoa91
Hi,
just to tell that "Les Sims 3 destination aventures" -french version, so- is available on amazon.fr as pre-ordre for a release 2009, nov 19th for 40€.

40 freakin' euros?! For those of you who are American, that's $57. If they, at least, offered a good game in exchange, maybe I would be willing to pay that much. But World Adventures sounds like a Tomb Raider wannabe or something like that. Real life locations? This EP couldn't be anymore unsimlike.
I remember sims 1 EPs were like 15 or 20 euros, and sims 2 EPs were 30 euros. But 40 euros? And they also expect us to buy sim points to get all the content they didn't want to put in the game. Bottom line, this game is a ripoff and I'm starting to get tired of EA's greediness.
Lab Assistant
#645 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:58 AM
Hold on your horses PiperHollyRox,
I checked on amazon.com : it's $40 !
And those are pre-order prices that can be lowered at shipment ...

Anyway, who can believe EA became game editors leader being fair ?
Test Subject
#646 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tchoa91
Hold on your horses PiperHollyRox,
I checked on amazon.com : it's $40 !
And those are pre-order prices that can be lowered at shipment ...

Anyway, who can believe EA became game editors leader being fair ?

Yes, I know it's $40 in America, but I live in Europe so I will have to pay 40 euros, which is a total rip-off because 40 euros equals to $57 (just wanted American people to know the conversion). And that's definitely not a fair price for an expansion pack.
Page 26 of 26