Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#176 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
If you really need to reinstall and you don't mind dealing with Origin you can do it digitally, without any discs, if your game is registered you should be able to download and install it through Origin no problem.

As for the patch everything works fine for me, I hope I'm not gonna jinx it by posting this

aahh i didn't know you could download it from origin if you bought the physical copy. good info to know for the future. i might as well just wait until i go home for christmas on wednesday. i think i can wait until then...
i usually never patch the game because it either screws up the game or it messes up my CC hair and all my sims end up bald and they don't go back to normal until a patch or two later... sims 3 for mac problems.. =P

i'm so jealous of everyone's awesome trees!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
A survey was conducted in cities across the United States in the late 1970s asking
random passers by to tell the interviewer when they thought 60 seconds had passed.
The interviewer recorded the elapsed time. Citizens of the city of New York had the
widest margin of error, consistently estimating one minute had passed in the space of
thirty seconds. That's what a New York minute means. I'm old. I was there when it
happened.

I have grown up using that phrase, never knew where it comes from. Thanks for providing the information.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#178 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 10:07 PM
Hi! i HAVE A BUNCH OF MODS THAT i USE AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WAS WORKING RIGHT UP UNTIL PETS. ALOT OF THEM STOPPED THEN BUT i WAS DEALING.....THEN THIS 1.29 PATCH REALLY REALLY MESSED CC UP! DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND IF YOU DO, DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS
TO ME ON HOW TO GET AT LEAST A FEW OF MY MODS WORKING AGAIN? THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE THAT WILL CHAT WITH ME ABOUT THIS!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#179 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 10:08 PM
Nunya3248 - Please use the Help section when you need help, and please don't type in all caps. Thanks.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#180 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Brilliant. I had a RL relative whose hubcaps were stolen, then a guy came by trying to sell him hubcaps and they were the same ones. Hadn't thought of applying that to on-line commerce.
This is when you whop him over the head and take them back while nobody's watching. Who's he going to tell?

And seriously, don't let that shit connect to the Internet. It's EVIL SPYWARE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
#181 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
And seriously, don't let that shit connect to the Internet. It's EVIL SPYWARE.
But Pescado! What about the featured Store items in Buy Mode? I NEED MY IN-GAME MICROTRANSACTIONS.
Test Subject
#182 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 9:12 PM
Default Problem with Patch 1.29 for Macs
I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this already in previous posts, but ever since I downloaded the latest patch, my cc hair and accessories (mainly body piercings) have stopped working properly. For example, HystericalParoxysm's Cherub hair is flat and looks like a low cut. Some cc hair show up partially and some not at all. I have cleared out all the custom content that wasn't working. Recently, I have re-downloaded some cc in .sims3pack files and they seem to work now, but the cc that I re-downloaded in .package still don't work properly.
Test Subject
#183 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 9:13 PM
Default Oh yeah...
And I don't have the Pets expansion pack.
Scholar
#184 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 9:20 PM
That's odd, I haven't noticed any differences in my CC hair. I'll check the Cherub hair just to make sure (haven't had a need for it lately) though, maybe I'm looking at the wrong CC? *shrugs*
Mad Poster
#185 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arsenica
I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this already in previous posts, but ever since I downloaded the latest patch, my cc hair and accessories (mainly body piercings) have stopped working properly. For example, HystericalParoxysm's Cherub hair is flat and looks like a low cut. Some cc hair show up partially and some not at all. I have cleared out all the custom content that wasn't working. Recently, I have re-downloaded some cc in .sims3pack files and they seem to work now, but the cc that I re-downloaded in .package still don't work properly.

Are you on a Mac? I know Mac players have problems with CC hair.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with any of my CC hair or accessories. I have been fixing up lots of townies and gave my sim a makeover. BTW, I am on a PC.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#186 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Are you on a Mac? I know Mac players have problems with CC hair.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with any of my CC hair or accessories. I have been fixing up lots of townies and gave my sim a makeover. BTW, I am on a PC.

Yes I'm on a Mac. It's weird because some of the hair and accessories work fine while others are totally messed up. I just hope there is a solution to the problem cause I REALLY found the Cherub hair and a whole bunch of Aikea-Guinea's hair useful... >.>
Eminence Grise
#187 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 9:41 AM
Guys, please read HP's post 139 above This is turning into a "my game doesn't work" thread... for issues from other patches ><

For tech issues, go to the resources under the Help menu. If you don't find your answer in a FAQ, try the Help Q+A forum.
Instructor
#188 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:17 PM
Store mode is making me nauseous. EA should stop being money grubbing fools, and make good games (expansions mostly) for a change. What I hate most is that I still can't install store stuff (It gives me the check your software message) even though I am fully updated.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#189 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 11:47 AM
I haven't patched yet, and I won't do it untill all the hacks and mods I use, are updated. I don't trust the patch now, because there are many threads in Help section where people write about the new patch causing problems in their game, mostly borking their CC. So, I'll wait till everything is clear about this, and all the CC problems are fixed.

And now, about those new trees, EA 'd better released them together with their alien world if they're planning to make one, because, well, where will they go in a normal world of any kind?
Something tells me they'll just make an alien world with lots of weird stuff and upload it to Store for us to buy, and there will be no brand new interactions and functions like abductions, heh... I wish I were wrong about that though.
Field Researcher
#190 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 10:08 AM
I still haven't tried my game either, from the sounds of this thread and others it's just as well!
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Pets is drastically higher in graphics requirements than the other EPs...

Gah. I installed Pets Saturday, and my performance was in the toilet. My shiny new graphics card fixed that though
Field Researcher
#192 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 8:53 PM
all i wanted was the cool trees and after uninstalling all of my games and reinstalling TWICE to get the patch to finally download and install, the trees aren't there!! wtf? unless they're in some weird category i'm missing...
Instructor
#193 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 5:45 AM
Does anyone even play with shop mode enabled? I can't really imagine why. I'm just wondering about how effective their marketing strategy is.

There's something about EA placing ads in a game I've already bought and paid for that rubs me the wrong way. I mean, if TS3 was a free-to-play, then in-game ads would be appropriate.

And no, I will not pay $15 for a pixel furniture set and no amount shoving-it-in-my-face will convince me to buy it.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Eminence Grise
#194 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
all i wanted was the cool trees and after uninstalling all of my games and reinstalling TWICE to get the patch to finally download and install, the trees aren't there!! wtf? unless they're in some weird category i'm missing...

They're in the "tree" category.
Field Researcher
#195 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 5:10 PM
yes well, logic did tell me that, but they still aren't there. i've given up on expecting my game to work correctly =P
Theorist
#196 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
yes well, logic did tell me that, but they still aren't there. i've given up on expecting my game to work correctly =P

Just thought I'd throw this in ... those trees won't have any icons on them. They'll be lumped with the base game stuff. Hard to see unless you try and put them down. That's how I found mine.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 8 of 8