Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 4:29 AM Last edited by Highborn Simmer : 6th Feb 2015 at 8:26 PM.
Default The "Off The Grid" Challenge
((YOU NEED OUTDOOR RETREAT TO DO THIS CHALLENGE. This is my first post, please leave any questions/concerns down below. Also tell me if its a good challenge lol.))

~Rules
* You may only live in Granite Falls. (Keeping renting your lot.)
*Choose your "vacation" home carefully in Granite Falls, you will have to continuously rent it.
* One of your sims must have the squeamish trait.
* You may pick your traits, but it's more of a challenge if it's random.
* You may only have up to 2 sims.
* You may not have any technology, silence phones. (Your off the grid.)
* You may only talk to the Hermit, and any other sims in your household.
* You are allowed to use the Hermit's house for needs.

~Set Up
* Create your sim(s), and remember the squeamish trait.
* Choose an inexpensive lot when you start off. (It cannot be empty. A house is required for vacations.)
* Use a money cheat to set your money to $1000.
* Start your life in Granite Falls, by having your sims go on vacation. (It is easier to choose the campgrounds, due to it being less expensive.)
*When you are told your vacation is going to end, extend it. (Usingthe money you earn.)

You are to survive off of the herbs, fish, plants, and bugs in Granite Falls. This will be how you earn the money to stay off the grid. (Extend your Vacation) This challenge ends when your sims can't stay off the grid anymore (Not enough money), or when you get bored.

**Check out my new Mixed Emotions challenge!!!**
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 2:48 AM
This sounds like so much fun. I'm adding it to my to do list.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:47 PM
I like this idea too!
So I created "Zimperliese Zimperlich" (last name is the German word for "squeamish" ).
I put her on a cheap lot - a Sim must have a home, otherwise he can't go on vacation...
Then I bought her a tent and sent her to Granite Falls immediately.
She had left about 5.000 Simoleons, and I have an eye on it that it never is less. So no extending holidays if money is under 5.000!

It is soooooo funny how she behaves in nature!
When she goes fishing or grabbing frogs... she nearly pukes!!
"Eek, I caught a fish, so slimy!!"

What I overread was about not talking to anybody but the hermit or household!
So I could have created more than one Sim, but ok, it is like it is now and she must find her way.
Finally she found the way to the hermit's house and there she put her tent, reads the botany-book, collect things and tries to pay her holidays.
So far it is really funny!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight
I like this idea too!
So I created "Zimperliese Zimperlich" (last name is the German word for "squeamish" ).
I put her on a cheap lot - a Sim must have a home, otherwise he can't go on vacation...
Then I bought her a tent and sent her to Granite Falls immediately.
She had left about 5.000 Simoleons, and I have an eye on it that it never is less. So no extending holidays if money is under 5.000!

It is soooooo funny how she behaves in nature!
When she goes fishing or grabbing frogs... she nearly pukes!!
"Eek, I caught a fish, so slimy!!"

What I overread was about not talking to anybody but the hermit or household!
So I could have created more than one Sim, but ok, it is like it is now and she must find her way.
Finally she found the way to the hermit's house and there she put her tent, reads the botany-book, collect things and tries to pay her holidays.
So far it is really funny!

Thanks! I'm glad your enjoying it, and I'd love to be updated with your progress. I have also created the Mixed Emotions challenge if you'd like to try it Still testing though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 8:23 PM
I also changed the empty lot part.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 9:20 PM
Oh no...
Just when Zimperliese had a romantic relationship with the hermit (Ralph), she decided to walk back to the campingground to look for some new plants and insects.
When she returned to the hermit (only after a few hours), the beloved hermit was gone, there was a new one!!
And she just wanted to have a baby with Ralph...
Will he ever return??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 9:27 PM
Oh no...
Just when Zimperliese had a romantic relationship with the hermit (Ralph), she decided to walk back to the campingground to look for some new plants and insects.
When she returned to the hermit (only after a few hours), the beloved hermit was gone, there was a new one!!
And she just wanted to have a baby with Ralph...
Will he ever return??

Wow! I didn't know that could happen! I hope he does come back
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 10:06 PM
I found out that everytime you leave the hermit's place, he will disappear and a new one appears.
The new one (Kevin) was "mad", so Zimperliese once more left the place, and when she returned there was - up to now - no hermit at all.
I think I let her leave (to the camping-ground) for at least one day and night to see what happens next.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:16 PM
The next chapter:

Twice after return to the hermit's house the hermit was female. After the third return it was someone very similar to the lost Ralph... , and his name was Tim.
So Zimperliese became friend with him, romantic and so on... :lovestruc, and then she was pregnant.
And there the trouble began...

I found out, that it's not possible to get your baby at the hermit's house, nor at the campingground.
Maybe it IS possible if you had rented a house, but I couldn't try it, because there is no option to change the location during your holidays, or I haven't seen it.

Zimperliese had her labour pains for hours and hours and hours - and nothing happens!!
The only thing I could do, was sending her home!
There she gave birth to a little boy, Zim.
Somehow I managed to invite Tim to her hometown. It wasn't possible directly to her house, but to a park, and there she asked him to move in.
Finally they (Zimperliese, Tim and Zim) are living at her little house in Willow Creek now.
Phew, that was a kind of work!

So Zimperliese's challenge is over for now, she had been in the woods from YA until she nearly became an adult, two days left.
What did we learn from this?
Never get pregnant in the wilderness!
And don't leave the hermit you love, because he may disappear forever.

But all's well that ends well, and the three now live happily in the town, but that's another story.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:21 PM
The next chapter:

Twice after return to the hermit's house the hermit was female. After the third return it was someone very similar to the lost Ralph... , and his name was Tim.
So Zimperliese became friend with him, romantic and so on... :lovestruc, and then she was pregnant.
And there the trouble began...

I found out, that it's not possible to get your baby at the hermit's house, nor at the campingground.
Maybe it IS possible if you had rented a house, but I couldn't try it, because there is no option to change the location during your holidays, or I haven't seen it.

Zimperliese had her labour pains for hours and hours and hours - and nothing happens!!
The only thing I could do, was sending her home!
There she gave birth to a little boy, Zim.
Somehow I managed to invite Tim to her hometown. It wasn't possible directly to her house, but to a park, and there she asked him to move in.
Finally they (Zimperliese, Tim and Zim) are living at her little house in Willow Creek now.
Phew, that was a kind of work!

So Zimperliese's challenge is over for now, she had been in the woods from YA until she nearly became an adult, two days left.
What did we learn from this?
Never get pregnant in the wilderness!
And don't leave the hermit you love, because he may disappear forever.

But all's well that ends well, and the three now live happily in the town, but that's another story.

I'm so glad she was able to have a great time off the grid, and hopefully someday mabye she'll go back
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:28 PM
Maybe the son, Zim, will carry on with the adventure.