Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2020 at 11:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Launcher Keeps Deleting Eveything but lots
I have no idea where to start. Last time this happened, I have no idea what happened. I assumed i must've moved something accidentally out of my launcher because during that time, I didnt have much in my launcher since i purged a lot of stuff I didnt want anymore. So, I started fresh and added some things (mostly added things to my mods since its easier to maneuver) but of course when you have sets from the sims 3 store or lots, you have to get it into your game through the launcher. Just 20 mins ago, I was playing my game (boroughsburg) and evertything a gone. I assumed it was a glitch, so I quit and restarted. Then I noticed only a few things in my launcher. like 5 lots were installed and no sets, nothing from sims 3 store. So i repaired the game through origin and nothing still. Thats when I realized it did this before. I have no idea what to do. I'm like soooo fed up at this point because I worked hard for this gameplay I havent even gotten through 24 hours in sim world with this new game.

Has anyone had this issue? Can someone help me with what might be wrong?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 4:26 AM
Are your missing .sims3pack files still present in your Downloads folder? (Documents-> Sims 3-> Downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
Are your missing .sims3pack files still present in your Downloads folder? (Documents-> Sims 3-> Downloads)

no, i deleted them after I download them. I'm realizing that even worlds are deleted too. but for some reason when I load my game, it will still open the worlds like its still downloaded.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 10:23 PM
I wonder if you have all your xpacs clicked on, on the launcher? I notice things missing when the darn thing doesn't add all my expansion packs. Now I click on it to make sure everything will be playing.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flloetryresident
no, i deleted them after I download them. I'm realizing that even worlds are deleted too. but for some reason when I load my game, it will still open the worlds like its still downloaded.

I believe this is due to world files being stored in your Installed Worlds folder.

As for store content not showing up, your DCCache folder may be corrupted. Ways to resolve that issue are mentioned here (scroll down to the DCCache header): http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...lders_Explained

Remember to backup your game before attempting to troubleshoot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
I believe this is due to world files being stored in your Installed Worlds folder.

As for store content not showing up, your DCCache folder may be corrupted. Ways to resolve that issue are mentioned here (scroll down to the DCCache header): http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...lders_Explained

Remember to backup your game before attempting to troubleshoot.

I had troubleshooted this on the March 30th. My boyfriend added a harddrive from my old computer so when i trouble shoot, i place the current sims save in the hard drive instead of my desktop so i can save room.

Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I wonder if you have all your xpacs clicked on, on the launcher? I notice things missing when the darn thing doesn't add all my expansion packs. Now I click on it to make sure everything will be playing.

I do actually, I hope that's not the reason it's acting like this