Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multiple Pollination Technicians - with or without custom genetics

by Widget97s Posted 6th Sep 2008 at 1:09 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2012 at 12:09 AM by Widget97s

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 2:17 AM
I can't get the purple skin download to work. Is there somewhere else I can go or is it something I am missing?
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:28 AM
thanks! these rock!

personaly, i hate the maxis aliens, so i'm switchin' it up a bit!

"Don't waste your time with hope. It's a trick the devil will play."
~That one chick from 5ive Girls
Test Subject
#53 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 11:05 PM
Okay, mediafire deleted the purple skin! Can anyone reupload it or something, and post a link?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#54 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 11:32 AM
For anyone who needs the purple skin you can find it in this post
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HaphazardSim
I have a question: I "genetesized" the skins using SimPE after downloading them and now my alien babies come out with the green skintone. Should I have simply downloaded the skintones and not "genetesized" them?

Yes, geneticising the skins will, unfortunately, make them not work with the multi-PT hack. The same thing happens with the eyes.
Test Subject
#56 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 10:08 AM
So i don't know what happened that caused this, but after a set of twins by PT#1 and another kid by PT#2, my sim was abducted again, and returned pregnant by Mrs. Crumplebottom... Delivered a totally human looking baby too (with blond hair). After that he also had another set of twins by PT#1 again.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#57 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 1:47 PM
***cries*** the purple skin is gone! and it's so nice of you to give clear directions where to find them, and now, gone. Can I use the CC-skin hack even so? Because I love those CC skins you use, especially the dark blue one.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#58 Old 8th May 2011 at 9:25 AM
Thanks a lot, these are awesome!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alchemist
***cries*** the purple skin is gone! and it's so nice of you to give clear directions where to find them, and now, gone. Can I use the CC-skin hack even so? Because I love those CC skins you use, especially the dark blue one.

You can get the purple skin http://www.mediafire.com/?mxndzy4uazy !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 8:51 PM
First off, I love these, thank you so much for making them! I can't wait to try them in my game! I have a question, though: the link for the cc version eyes doesn't seem to be working. It leads to a site for sims 3 downloads. Is that where I need to go, or is there something I'm missing? Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#61 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 9:40 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but would it be possible to use 2 PT's from this set and two from another multi-PT set?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 12:05 AM Last edited by escagirluk : 18th Oct 2011 at 3:24 PM.
Not sure if I've said this before, but I adore this multi polli tech mod.

And thank you to emcinto0 for the download for the purple alien skin. I could not find it anywhere. EDIT: And for some reason... it does not show up in my game when I check the custom skin part of CAS. It also had a billion bmp files on the pinky-purple skin in the download, that I have no idea what to do with.
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 8:45 PM
I absolutely love this PT mod . Before my download folder randomly met it's apocalyptic end, I had some rather lovely, and interesting, sims.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:23 PM Last edited by mauvikinz : 24th Dec 2011 at 6:16 PM.
Uhh... which is which??? They don't have names on the page but in the file I'm finding things like "NoNose" and "Pointy"! I only want one Pollinator...

What's the point in thinking when you speak your mind?
----
This useless item right here is an asset!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#65 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 9:20 AM
Your pollination technicians are awesome! I'm playing the Curious household in the uber-megahood. Vidcund had a kid with P.T. 43 and Lazlo had one with P.T. 65. Lazlo's pregnant again and the father is yet again 65. Wonder if the next time he gets knocked-up, he'll have a kid with another pollination tech. Very awesome.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 12:42 PM
Cant find the purple skin. If anyone can help please PM me.
Test Subject
#67 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 6:36 PM
I love the looks of this PT set. However I am experiencing a problem. Since installing the non-cc version in my downloads folder, I have been unable to impregnate a male sim with aliens. Abductions happen, but no pregnancy. I used debug and the tombstone of life and death, with no result. It was only after I removed the PT set that things started working again.
I have all expansion packs and stuff packs, I also have triplets and quads and male pregnancy hacks. I would really like to use this PT set, is there a way to solve this problem?
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 5:42 PM
Hi there, just wanted to add a quick note for anyone who's wondering why all their babies are coming out looking the same... I think this could be the reason.

There is a problem in The Sims 2 called "First born syndrome". It can cause all the children born in one family to look the same as the first born. It has nothing to do with custom content, it's just a glitch in the game.

If you want to read more about it, have a google, but the way to fix it is:

Every time you load your game, enter Create a Sim and press the randomizer button (the one with the dice) a couple of times.

After that, you can close Create a Sim and just play as normal.
Test Subject
#69 Old 11th May 2012 at 9:20 PM
I will post this here as well as on the forum...

This is a great set of pollination tech replacements and with it, I have spawned many gorgeously exotic looking half-alien babies. So thank you.

But now I have a problem! Since installing this set, the black alien eyes and the dark blue alien skintone are appearing on some of my new townies, professors, and other newly generated NPCs.

I'm not sure how to go about fixing this. I want to change the skintone and eyes of these NPCs without messing up some of my existing alien families. Help?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 8:52 PM
This is a fantastic PT set. Everything you need to know is in this thread already, and I'm so grateful for your work on this Widget! Thanks a million!
Mad Poster
#71 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 12:18 AM
oh, such an old thread...trying to get this set (again!)
but the "alien default from Garden Shadows", while the link works, the download no longer exists. And it doesn't make sense to me that THIS "default replacement" is necessary, since there are 3 OTHER "default replacements". Does that mean that the game randomly picks ONE default, and if it picks the one that SHOULD be Garden Shadows one, it will pick the ORIGINAL PT?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 2:16 PM
Hello, I'm using the non-CC version and so far its great
But I'm working a lot with the bodyshop, and the PT are in there, and they annoy me a bit. Can I delete them safely, or is it required to keep them in the Bodyshop?
Hope anybody can help me
thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 1:55 PM
I noticed that the link for the eyes was wrong, so I searched google for the eyes and I think I found them, here's the link https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...eyes/id/690815/
Mad Poster
#74 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 1:08 AM
too old...too broke

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 8:21 PM
This is the PT set I personally use, and I love it! However, I, like a few other commenters here, did struggle a bit since most of the links are outdated. So, I want to help the folks here find what they need!

First off, Zoen's Skin is still on here, the link used in this upload just uses the old "modthesims2" URL and not the proper "modthesims.info" URL, so that was an easy find!

For the eyes, ClubCrimsyn went defunct, but there's a Garden of Shadows thread archiving all of its downloads. You can get the eyes here, by downloading "eyes_spaceoddity."

The links on this upload for the ivory skin still work, and the second link for the purple skin also still works, my only "warning," if you can even call it that, is that the purple skin comes with two other skintones, one blue and one green, but you can easily just delete the green and blue ones if you only want the purple to make this PT set work. The Space Oddity eye set is also, well, a set, but again, you can just delete the ones you don't need to make the PT set work if you don't want them.

Unfortunately, it looks like this uploader has been inactive for several years, and probably still will be, so the links on the upload page will probably never be fixed, and I also doubt Widget97 will see this, but... thanks for providing such a great set of PTs! I've greatly enjoyed the variety it's added to my alien babies.
Page 3 of 4