Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Better-looking Pollination Tech

by L-J Posted 12th Dec 2004 at 8:58 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 8:24 PM by Christy1077

177 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 175 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Test Subject
#101 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 9:15 PM Last edited by LFox : 15th Mar 2005 at 9:30 PM.
I'm going to be making an alien family soon and i need to know is this EP compatible? I noticed the pollination tech doesn't show up in SimPE at least from what i could tell. Is it possible to make a female pollination tech?
Instructor
#102 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 12:59 PM
He doesn't show up in SimPE since he is missing some data like the image of his face. His data is in SimPE under sim description, but the sim browser can't display him without a picture.

I don't see any reason why a female Pollination Technician would be a problem, but you'd really only ever see her and know that she's female by that tiny picture in the family tree.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:45 AM
Look is it EP compatible please answer Immediately dont skip the is it EP compatible bit just give the answer now please!
Some people r fustrated right now!!!!
#104 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by giggy6004

Hmmm...the proper response to this statement would be "don't use this, then."
At any rate, even if it's not EP compatible, just use the Sims Surgery plugin in SimPE to get what you want. I'm going to go ahead and guess that you're not familiar with SimPE, so here's what you do:
1. When you get a new alien child, create a "face donor" child using the normal create-a-sim interface. Exit The Sims 2.
2. Fire up SimPE, and File -> Open... your neighborhood package file. You'll find them in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/Nxxx/Nxxx_Neighborhood.package, where xxx is the instance number of the neighborhood your Sims reside in.
3. Use Plugins -> Sim Surgery... to start up the Sims Surgery plugin.
4. Select the new alien child where it says "Patient Sim".
5. Select the face donor where it says "Archetype Sim".
6. Click the checkbox that says "Only Face", and click the "Surgery" button.
7. Use File -> Save to save the package out, exit SimPE, and start The Sims 2 back up.
Test Subject
#105 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 9:00 AM
Thanks TurboJAzn for your detailed tutorial with it i was able to make my own alien tech, a better looking one.

Now for everyone else who's wondering as far as i can tell this is university compatible. I was testing for a good 30 minutes using the debuging setting to get people pregnant with aliens and speed it up to see if my packaged worked and as luck would have it, it did. During the testing i had zero problems or crashes.

I doubt there'd be any longterm problems using this with university since all it does is change facial and picture data for the pollination tech which i'm sure wasn't changed with university.
Instructor
#106 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 12:54 PM
My SimSurgery for "Only Face" never worked. I tried hundreds of times. Is that any detail I missed. I get the newest version of SimPE regularly but none of them makes "Only Face" to work.
Test Subject
#107 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:44 PM
Look is it EP compatible please answer Immediately dont skip the is it EP compatible bit just give the answer now please!

You could always do what I did: put it in your game and test it. Then you'll know.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 5:04 PM

Try stamping your foot and waving your arms in the air. Works for the sims....
Instructor
#109 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 12:33 AM
giggy6004: I'm suprised anyone answered you with that attitude. No one owes you anything so get that straight!

xptl297: Simsurgery is broken for now with university installed. It should work without university, but once you install university I am finding the sims whose skin tones I changed via sim surgery are reverting back to their original or default skin tones.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 3:14 AM
opps sorry about it motoki anyway
NOOOOOO the pollination tech doesnt work with the ep oh why oh why oh why
(I've tested thisand oviously the one I've created using TurboJAzns instruction and after I did that it didnt work and I did this without the ep)
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 4:14 AM
That's odd, I just tested it and it seems to work fine with University installed.
Test Subject
#112 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 12:33 PM
I wanted to say that I love this polination tech. I thinks my aliens are now very attractive. It worked very well after I installed Uni. as well. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 2:13 PM
wow nice looking aliens I'm impressed
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 2:21 PM
To anybody that is still wondering if these PT's work with Uni:
Yes they do. I have tested most of them and they work great. If your games has troubles make sure you don't have:
a) non.epcompatible hacks;
b) pre-EP object re-colors;
c) the second patch (the one for Asian support)
If you have made a PT yourself make sure you are using the original skin tone. If none of this happens and the game still doesn't owrk with the PTs... well then sorry but you'll have to live with the ugly PT...
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 1:47 PM
I've redone it now it works
Test Subject
#116 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 12:16 AM
YAY!! Sexy aliens! I HATE how an alien turns out with the father's features and than his little girl has huge eyes and the same eye color as him, it looks aweful and streched, so I hide the alien's eyes with sunglasses... LMAO! Thanks so much, they look awesome!
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 3:16 AM
Ok bug issue
U have to keep renewing the pollination tech
Test Subject
#118 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 2:21 AM
Forgive my stupidity, but where do you put it, your downloads folder, right? I read through all 5 pages, and the intriciate, confusing instructions only seemed to be if you wanted to make your own custom alien, unless I'm mistaken. I tried just dumping the file in my downloads folder, and I still had hideous children. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance (:
Test Subject
#119 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 12:14 PM
Finally! I got so sick of the alien children being completely ugly!
Test Subject
#120 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 9:24 PM
Personally, I prefer the traditional, steriotypical aliens with squished faces. I think they are just TOO adorable! With a new Pollination Technician, they would be just like the other sims! I think I'm sticking to the original
Test Subject
#121 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 5:26 PM
It didn't work for me - just made the sim a clone of the parent and then changed my Tech to a white baby!!
Field Researcher
#122 Old 2nd May 2005 at 1:19 AM
yah ,carrmamaena, put in downloads
Test Subject
#123 Old 9th May 2005 at 8:51 AM
Woo! I followed the guide and made my own rather handsome technician. Thank you!
Test Subject
#124 Old 9th May 2005 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neerovra
That's not what they said in Roswell in 1953....

I thought the Roswell Crash was in 1947?
#125 Old 9th May 2005 at 11:01 PM Last edited by meetkitty123 : 10th May 2005 at 7:14 AM.
Hey L-J I love your alien face, however I was wondering if you can make it a few more?

Like can you make one with a smaller nose and slightly rounder slightly thicker (seductive or prettier) lips

See my bodyshop does not work on my lap top and I cant install ts2 on my desk top so I cant really use the bodyshop on my desk top either. Also I have the original bodyshop from when b4 the game came out (but it does not have all the skins and options as the bodyshop that comes with the game) and when ever I tried to make something it would come out blurry. And I did a little test by extracting a file and quickly uploading it back without ever opening it or changing the file and it still came back blurry when I didnt even changed it!

Im just out of luck when It comes to bodyshop. And I dont understand how to do it with SimPE at all. So if you could or if any one else can can you make your alien face have a smaller and slightly thicker/rounder mouth?

plssss

Thank you
Page 5 of 8